Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
bookbug
0 Kudos

Re: NEW bOOKS?!?!?!

Try these:

I'd Tell You I Love You, But I'd Have to Kill You- Ally Carter

Series:
Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse- Stephanie Meyer
Poison Study, Magic Study, Fire Study(comes out in March)- Maria V. Snyder
Rogue Angle- Alex Archer

Hope you find something interesting and that these help.

Bookbug
Bookbug

The more you read, the smarter you are!!!!!
Frequent Contributor
WaterLily
0 Kudos

Yay someone else knows about Maria V. Snyder. For a while there I thought I was the only one.
"In the end family is all that we have"
New User
SamySickNess
0 Kudos

Does anyone know any books I should check out ?!?

I am into books such as::

The Perks Of Being A WallFlower.
Catcher In The Rye.
Hamlet.

Etc. Etc.

Any Suggestions??? I would be Eternal Greatful....

XoXo,
Sam.
I ♥ Max Bemis !!
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Re: ....

I like INGO, you should try it.
☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
New User
DanyaH
0 Kudos

SamySickNess wrote:

Catcher In The Rye.
Hamlet.

Etc. Etc.

XoXo,
Sam.

Have you read Mirror, Mirror? or Coraline? interesting...!

Also... stargirl. I read it all yesterday. wonderous. :smileyvery-happy:
and!

Elsewhere,

very good. :smileywink:
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

I read Stargirl, but not the sequel. Was it any good?
☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Contributor
pretty_in_purple7
0 Kudos

i just read perks of being a wallflower! it was sooo good. my friend who reccomened it is reading another book by the same author called pure sunshine. im reading that one next
Frequent Contributor
HPlover7
0 Kudos

Re: need new books!!!

The Private series is good for someone like u!
Contributor
dmacthefirst
0 Kudos

Re: need new books!!!

Hey all! Okay, I need suggestions for a new book, but it has to be under $15:smileysad:.
I like, Fiction, Sci-Fi, and Historical fiction.
Like this: Eragon,Eldest, Redwall series, Lord of the Rings,ect. ect.
So please post back, cause I need ideas!
Thanks,
Dylan
New User
ColorxMeClichex
0 Kudos

Re: New Books for the New Year 2008

Perks of being a Wallower and Catcher in the Rye or two my favorite books in the whole world. so as someone whose read 2 out of three of those I'll give you some suggestions of books that are (if not similar ALMOST as good)
Brave New Girl -- (I cant remember hte auther and its somewhere in the back of my bookshelf right now...) its the equivalent of Perks only from a girls perspective :smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:
Lets get Lost by Sarra Manning...totally different but...I promise you its worth it. I've read it (and cried every single time) at least five times.
Looking For Alaska by John Green. one word for this book: amazing.

try those three and I promise you wont be dissapointed (although you might want to be a girl to read Lets get Lost...I'm not sure if you are or not)

hope I helped and if you read them and like them and you want more suggestions just message me :smileyhappy:
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
--Perks of Being a Wallflower.
Contributor
sweetblood
0 Kudos

King Dork by Frank Portman, Tons of stuff happens to this kid because he found his dad's old copy of Catcher in the Rye.
Frequent Contributor
TriciaLynn77
0 Kudos

Anything by Sarah Dessen, Jodi Picoult, or Nicholas Sparks.
New User
Rachel_hamy
0 Kudos

SamySickNess wrote:

Catcher In The Rye.
Hamlet.

Etc. Etc.

XoXo,
Sam.

Ellen Hptkins is really good
Frequent Contributor
Ebeth
0 Kudos

I recently finished The Absolutely True Diary of A Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie. The story is about Arnold Spirit, a teenage Indian boy living on a reservation in Washington state. He decides to go to an all-white school that is off the reservation. This book alternately made me laugh and cry.
"She went from room to room, floor to floor, stack to stack, reveling in books, books, books. She loved books. She loved them with her senses and her intellect." From Joy In The Morning, by Betty Smith
Contributor
coavalanche12
0 Kudos

Try The Shadow Club and The Shadow Club Rising by Neal Schusterman. Great books! Also This Side of Paradise and Mergers by Steven Layne.
New User
twilightfan8
0 Kudos

top 6 books of this coming year (if you can chose)

Anyone else want to know wants going on behind those covers that you see everywear? The books on display? or do u just wanna say .... "I LOVE TWILIGHT!" Then get it out and here r mine

TWILIGHT SAGA though ecipse might be the best in theses i advise to recommend reading them all you wont be disaponted

TIGER RISING this greaT little book is... great!It's got all thye qualitys a book could need and the details are so good as are the similes. The charcters just leap off the page! You wont want to put this insightful inspiring book down

PRETTY COMITTE SERIES

INKHEART

POSUER

ID TELL YOU I LOVE YOU BUT ID HAVE TO KILL U

AND HP4
Frequent Contributor
GCACheerldr14
0 Kudos

Re: top 6 books of this coming year (if you can chose)

Breaking Dawn(twilight saga)
The Host(stephenie meyers adult book)
Lock and Key(Sarah Dessen)
Sisters of Isis # 4(Lynne Ewning)\
Come in from the Cold(Marsha Qualey)
Airhead(Meg Cabot)
Kacy -/--

"When you follow your heart, you should have no regrets. When you follow someone elses, those regrets may lose your heart." -anonymous
Isaiah 41:28-31- life verse
Frequent Contributor
HPlover7
0 Kudos

okay. im reading the latest clique book "Bratfest at Tiffany's" and it is super good. it just came out for any of you that heart any book with serious gossip and attitude! :smileywink:
New User
Allie-N-Dylan
0 Kudos

Re: I Need Good Books!!!

What kind of books do you like?
I have tons to recommend =]
Allison
New User
MrsEdwardCullenx17944
0 Kudos

What is the perks of being a wallflower about?
"It wasn't Gran who called my name, and we both turned to see the addition to our small reunion. I didn't have to look to know who it was; this is a voice I would know anywhere-know, and respond to, whether I was awake or asleep..or even dead, I'd bet. the voice I'd walk through fire for-or, less dramatically, slosh everyday through the cold and endless rain for. Edward."