Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Vampire_Prince
0 Kudos

New guy

Hey I'm new here and I want to make some friends.

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Re: New guy

Hello new person!

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

Cool new guy. Whats up?

Anyways what type of books do you like to read? and if thats to lame or boring to answer.

What do you like to do? Hahahaha check out some of the other peoples messages you'll meet alot of new people and most of them are pretty cool.

~Love is a poison~
Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

hello Vampire__Prince!

welcome to our little random world of Teen Reads!

Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

hey there "new guy". welcome to our lair! you'll find new friends here, I guarantee that *nodding*. =)

http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Hey Vampire_Prince, welcome to the madness.  Seriously though... we're all a bit crazy.  Haha.  If  you have any questions feel free to ask, and if you need any book recomendations then I'm sure we can all help you with that.  :smileyvery-happy: 

Welcome!

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

heyy new person....

if u arent scared away by all of us, u will make friends fast. haha. jkkk dont mind me.. :smileyvery-happy:

"We could do pizza."
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

djaq you should so talk to me.  Lolz.  I'm really really bored right now and my computer graphics class is boring.

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

haha. nicee.. computer graphics is boring .. really??  lol

"We could do pizza."
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

welcome! it can get a little random sometimes but its always fun!

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

hii welcome!

i'm hailey or hails.

hope you like it here!

I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Omg I got so confused there for a sec.  I thought sweetiepie was werewolfgirl. LMAO!  I forgot your guy's name is both Hailey!  Haha.  Ya so anyway... my little brain lapse there. 

Eh Computer Graphics is starting off boring.  Then miraculously today towards the end of class we actually did something cool, but I messed up in the steps somewhere so I couldn't read my text..... which is depressing cuz I swore I did it right.  OH well... just fix it tomorrow.

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

Hey!!!!

:smileyhappy:

Like everyone else has said.....

Welcome to the madness/crazyness!

I'm J.R.!

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
New User
NightWorld_Nyx-Redbird
0 Kudos

sup...

wat kind of books do you prefer?? :smileyhappy:

im a big book nerd

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a promise, keep it..and fufill it….
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

hey lmao im sure uve already noticed we have alot of friendly and welcoming people here, weve all bin here for a while and we still crnt gt enough of this site so enjoy and welcome :smileytongue:

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
New User
Vampire_Prince
0 Kudos

Hmm Thank you all for your warm welcome mhahahah ...anyways.. um I like to play game but I mostly read

I have been reading the Curiqe Du freak series and I must say It is the best series I have read since Harry Potter.... I'm not looking forward to the movie....

Inspired Contributor
Its_tiffani_LOVE
0 Kudos

hey... im new too. so what do you do on these things?

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Haven't read the Cirque Freak series.

We mostly talk about books, music, and random things. Don't be surprised if you see one conversation go from one topic to another topic on the other side of the spectram. Lol.

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

Hey tiffani welcome! :smileyvery-happy: ur gunna love it here, well anything reli, u gt some people writing down poems and getting feedback we talk about more or less everything from the fittest human being in the world

"vinny poo" or in a story *jace wayland of course*  lmao  bet ive already scared our new members away like i said we get pretty crazy around here and very random, ul gt used to it  tho and maybe even join in! lmao we also have something called a add on it like a story only that ul have one person that will start it and another user will add on next and so on, ul get people adding after one another its not easy becuase it is on the spot but once u get into it its really fun, id say watch out for mine and musicangirl whoes another user here, hers is called Steal my heart add on and mines called kick ass add on ill be ading on to mine pretty soon i think so feel free to have a look and add on ok ive blabbered way to much now enjoy! :smileyvery-happy:

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Blue your gonna scare them off!!!!  *smacks you in the head*  Try to behave normally.  As in before me and Vamps messed you up and made you go loony.  Oh my.... I just talked like you.  AH!  Bad british person. 

...... OH wow.  So ya just ignore that whole last paragraph.... I'm slightly psychotic today.  Stepping into freezing puddles right after marching for an hour is NOT fun. 

Anyway.  After my little rant there.  Continuing on what Blue was saying.  We pretty much talk about anything on here.  Blue pretty much covered all the main ones.  Then you'll get the random thread like Sushi or something like that.  So things get pretty random.  :smileyvery-happy:    

We all (meaning a lot of the older users here) go to a chatroom where we just all chat and be random together.  Feel free to come gab with us!  http://teenreadschatroom.piczo.com/?g=1&cr=4