Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
Its_tiffani_LOVE
0 Kudos

Re: New guy

well i just started here but it seems pretty cool so far what are laurels? i have like 3 or something.

Wordsmith
shygirlTB
0 Kudos

laurels are if someone likes what you said

the clouds i can handle but i cant fight an eclipse
jacob black =)

Inspired Contributor
Its_tiffani_LOVE
0 Kudos

oh cool. thanks.

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

it would appear that i has been here, corrupting the lives of many, since february 28th.........

anijay, i wish i was here before DH came! it would have been neat to read everyones predictions and ect. ect. loltiab :smileytongue:

aww mg why are u weird???? i dont think so anyway..

hmn.. la di da di da..

i do believe my homework is calling me. oh do shut up homework!

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

laurels are those funny green boxes next your post under the username thingy, and if you click on it, you give that person a laurel. for some reason when i try to give a laurel i give 2.. does that happen to anyone else?? it is weird.. i guess cus im like a scribe? but then what happens if u r a bibliophil ? do u give like 30 laurels?? .... strange....

oh homework stop calling me! gahhhh..

"We could do pizza."
Distinguished Correspondent
musicangirl
0 Kudos

Homework also beckons me. though i have a little homework pass thing i could use since i haven't used it all marking period.

I'm weird just because i am. :smileyhappy:

~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Inspired Contributor
Its_tiffani_LOVE
0 Kudos

i just finished my wretched homework! yay

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

hmmn.. a little homework pass thingy.. that sounds very spiffy.. and handy! i could definately use one of those mg! loltiab :smileyvery-happy:

"We could do pizza."
Frequent Contributor
lando11
0 Kudos

Hey welcome to the group! My name is Megan, and just a heads up I say "yall" when I write sometimes and that is because I'm from houston and its a habbit :smileyvery-happy:, anyway I'm sure you'll like blogging and "venting your thoughts" as my parents like to put it. Keep in touch! :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
lando11
0 Kudos

Uh homework!?!?! I have to do that. . . I really don't want to though :smileytongue: Junior year SUCKS!!!!!!

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

lando11 wrote:

Hey welcome to the group! My name is Megan, and just a heads up I say "yall" when I write sometimes and that is because I'm from houston and its a habbit :smileyvery-happy:, anyway I'm sure you'll like blogging and "venting your thoughts" as my parents like to put it. Keep in touch! :smileyhappy:

lol

I'm from Texas too! :smileyhappy:

I try not to type yall sometimes......

But I can't help it.....

:smileyhappy:

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Contributor
Hannah_13
0 Kudos

yeah i'm new here... looked cool and i love to talk about books!

and an from texas too!

but moved when i was little

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Wow... I missed some interesting conversations.  Lolz.  Damn my crazy ass week.  And yes Junior year does suck.  HORRIBLY.  Totally completely nutzo.    Oh no!!!!!! Not y'all!!!!  (burries head in pillow)  Hmm... did I threaten Blue when she said that?  ..... I think I did.....  Anyway... I won't hold it against you guys because your from Texas.  Anyone who says that dreaded word who is NOT from Texas... it will be my great honor to personally beat you.  :smileyvery-happy:

And don't you dare look at me weird.  *glares at djaq*

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

OMG!  15 days till my one year anniversary on here!  AWESOME!

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

hey guys!!!! I'm back after 2 weeks..why?? cause I couldn't sign in..dunno why..but well I'm back.=)

http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

in response to like all those other conversations:

-welcome back moonseeker!

-*glares back at ky*

-hah my cousins live in texas

-yay for one year aniversaries ky! i shall throw u a party! hoopla!... (um not sure bout the party but lol)

-hah i havent even been here for a year so whatever.. lol.. hmmn.. well ive been here since february.... wow.. thats crazy...

"We could do pizza."
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

urghhh!!!  finally get on, cum back from clge and all i have is more bludy homework a crappy cold  its never ending!!! im like having a one hour break and then continuing work  and its like 11pm here how depressing is that!! im knackered tea would do the trick but then i wrnt be able go to sleep  which i need desperatly since i gota head to clge at 8am,  or early only to get a freakin presentation done, where supposed to be in pairs and work tgether, but ma mate all of a sudden had a last min appointment *cogh cough bull**bleep***  so im gunna be the only one doin it on my own, since my partner deserted me! have no idea what to do, and im freakin out cz i have to do it infrount of the whole class, did i mention i have to do this on my own!! im so annoyed, someone bludy entertain me lmfao ok im done blabbering now hehehee

ps hey ky djaq my AKA *my bitches* :smileyvery-happy:

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Can I have a gigantic cookie instead?  Or maybe a pie!  YES PIE! ^.^

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

hmmn. i think i would like some pie... yum.. pie sounds good..

hullo blue! college sounds awful.. drink tea! tea is good! :smileyvery-happy:

"We could do pizza."
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

What is this?  You know I'm your pimp right?  Duh. 

That totally blows.  I would be pissed.  Well I'll rant as well.  I discovered that my OID group for speech isn't going to perform at our first tournament, and I was only planning on doing OID.  So I got screwed over so now I have to come up with a speech and 3 Visual Aids, and get it memorized and get in 4 practices before next Friday.  And we don't have school Friday and now I'm not going to get to enjoy it.  I am PISSED.