New User
AlyssKnight
0 Kudos

New ideas for books to read?

I need some new books to read.  I have a library with well over 300 books, most of them teen fantasy and adventure.  I loooooove Harry Potter - greatest books EVER!

Other things I love:

- Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance

- Anything Rick Riordan (my favorite are the Kane Chronicles :smileyvery-happy: )

- Eon and Eona (if you haven't read these two, you NEED to)

- Graceling, Fire, and Bitterblue (all by Kristin Cashore)

- Anything Eoin Colfer

Stuff I don't particularly like:

-Twilight series

I like books with fantasy and adventure that have romance in them, but don't revolve around it.  Like when two best friends are on a quest and fall in love in the end - that's fine.  But I don't like it when the entirity of a book is around a girl and her boyfriend.

So, what recommendations do you have for me??

Contributor
AliKline
0 Kudos

Re: New ideas for books to read?

Matched series - Ally Condie(although, the first book doesn't have much adventure. It does have romance.)

Infinity Ring James Dashner, Carrie Ryan, going to be written by several authors... (a new time travel series for tweens, but I think it could be read by anyone.)

The Naturals: Awakening - by Arron Patterson, Melody Carlson, KC Neal, Robin Parrish (a science fiction and fantasy serial that's being published every three weeks)

Legend by Marie Lu (The sequel is going to be published on Jan. 29th.)

New User
Pizzaparty78
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I just got done with The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, it was great, fantasy, and adventure, but it has no romance, really. It's a really great book though, you may like it. Prequel to Lord of THe Rings, tells about the Ring and about Bilbo's journey with the Dwarves. Also, the movie just came out. (which was pretty good too :smileyhappy:

TheHobbitBook.gif

Inspired Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance

If you looove Harry Potter, you must check out jamespotter.com There are 3 books in the series. The stories are about James Potter (Harry's dad). I have read 2 of the books. And I have to say...they are really good. Theyhave thecharacters from the original hogsworth. Don't worry J.K. Rowling is fine with it. Chech it out..you won't be disappointed
Contributor
Bookworm29JT
0 Kudos

Have you ever read The Shadow Children Series by Margaret Haddix?                                             Among the Betrayed (Shadow Children Series #3)