Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
bookworm94lw
0 Kudos

New material for twilight fan :?

I have read and fell in love with twilight and therefore once I finished the saga read every vampire book related e.g. vampire diaries, vampire academy, true blood series,hon. series the list could go on.

I was wondering whether anyone had new material, or could help me to move away from reading the same sort of books.

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

Re: New material for twilight fan :?

=) Welcome to the boards!! And I went through the same phase too!! So hopefully I can help you out a bit!! Sorry if I say books you already read but I would reccomend The Mortal Instruments Series, Night World Series, The Mediator Series, The Hunger Games (If you haven't already read them do me a favor and read them!! Soon!!), Books by Elizabeth Chandler, Before I fall, The Maze Runner, Dash and LIly's Book of Dares and so so many many many more!! If you want to know more you can click on my username ZoeyRedbird and then click on the See my B&N profile button and you can see the My Library section where I have rated lots of books that you can enjoy. There is also an Ultimate Book Reccomendation List thread that you can find in the green area where all the posts are that has loads of great books and a list of them are on page 10. I hope that helps and if you have any more questions feel free to ask away! =)

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101

I'm going to suggest non-vampire related books because honestly there's loads of good books out there aren't vampire related.

Here's my list

-The book thief-Mark Zusak

-The Messenger- Mark Zusak

- Mortal Instrument Series- Cassandra Clare

-Make Lemonade- Virginia Wolf

-Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy- Douglass Adams (HILARIOUS and I'm not a sci fi fan)

-Before I fall- Lauren Oliver

- Jane Eyre- Charlotte Bronte (classic romance book with drama)

-Rebecca- Daphne DuMaurier (suspense/romance w/ drama)

-House of the Scorpion- Nancy Farmer (doesn't sound good but really is and has action, drama, romance)

-Don't die my love- Lurlene McDaniel (just a cheesy, sad romance book)

-The Host- Stephanie Meyer (it was ok)

- Peferct Chemistry and Rules of Attraction- Simone Elkes

-19 MInutes- Jodi Picoult

-The Pact- Jodi Picoult

-My Sister's Keeper- Jodi Picoult

-Asleep- wendy raven Mcnair

- Jellicoe Road- Melina Marchetta

-Body of Christopher Creed- Carol Plum-ucci

-What happened to Lani Garver- Carol Plum-Ucci

-Gone series- Michael Grant

-Gemma Doyle trilogy- Libba Bray

-Darkest Powers Trilogy-Kelly Armstrong

-Maximum Ride Series- James Patterson (very poorly written but funny w/ action and romance)

New User
bookworm94lw
0 Kudos

Thank you i do need to move away from the vampire books :smileyhappy: i've read a couple you suggested which i loved, so i'm sure i'll the others.

New User
bookworm94lw
0 Kudos

thanks a lot :smileyhappy: and i'll check out your prfile asap

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

This is one of the best series I've read in a long time and I would definitely recommend it to any Twilight fan, because they're loaded with action, excitement and romance too.  :smileyhappy:

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1)

Catching Fire (Hunger Games Series #2)

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Series #3)

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Correspondent
bobbles918
0 Kudos

I agree with  

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (might also want to read Clockwork Angel)

The Hunger Games By Suzanne Collins

Also loved Graceling & Fire by Kristen Cashore

"A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"-Mark Twain
Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa
0 Kudos

I love the Twilight saga its my favorite! But I would reccomend Accross the Universe, The Forest of Hands and Teeth, and Shiver. They are reallly good!! And no vampire :smileyhappy:
“The books that help you the most are those which make you think the most.”
Reader 2
OkieBKLVR
0 Kudos

Try some Scott Weterfeld -- Have you read Peeps?  Or the Midnighter series?

And don't forget Neal Shusterman.  The Everlost books are great.

Contributor
SJWrightAuthor
0 Kudos

The Vampire's Warden 

It was a flash in the moonlight, a blur of motion like I’d never witnessed before. No human had the capacity to move like that. When I found myself face-to-face with him there in the meadow, I knew without a doubt that the journal was authentic. I knew that my grandfather hadn’t been crazy at all. 

Because a foot away from me stood a vampire.

Sarah Brightman reads her grandfather's journal in stunned disbelief. What was once her grandfather's responsibility has passed to her father and now to her. She has become the Warden. Her life will never be the same.

Author of The Vampire's Warden, available on the Nook and the soon-to-be-released The Vampire's Curse: Book Two of the Undead in Brown County series.