Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Wistful_Writer
0 Kudos

New users?

I'm new too, I was just wondering if anyone had any good book recommendations? I'm sure this has been asked like a billion times, lol.  Whats your favorite book  also? I would have to choose Harry Potter all the way.

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Re: New users?

Well if you loved Harry Potter, you'll probably like the Hex Hall series too.  I know I did.  The Maximum Ride series is also another good one that has a similar feel to the Harry Potter series.  I personally liked them all a lot and really recommend them.  :smileyhappy:

Hex Hall (Hex Hall Series #1) 

Maximum Ride   

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
padr49904
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Might have to read Hex Hall, sounds good.

Witch and Wizard (Witch and Wizard Series #1) 

There is a sequel to Witch and Wizard called The Gift.

The Hound of Rowan (The Tapestry Series #1)   

2 Seqels to this, don't know if it counts as Teen but it had the Harry Potter feel to it.

Contributor
Algonquins
0 Kudos

Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely Series #1)  

Wake (Wake Trilogy Series #1)  

Welcome!! I'm new too. I'd have to recommend The Wicked Lovely series if you haven't checked it out. It is definitely in my favorites. I also really enjoyed the Wake Trilogy. Harry Potter is in my favorites too :smileyhappy:

Books... crazy amazing wonderful things :smileyhappy:
Contributor
Obxgirl7
0 Kudos

I loved Tigers Curse series and The Maximum Ride series. :smileyvery-happy:

Wistful_Writer wrote:

I'm new too, I was just wondering if anyone had any good book recommendations? I'm sure this has been asked like a billion times, lol.  Whats your favorite book  also? I would have to choose Harry Potter all the way.

Contributor
sandiegno
0 Kudos

the mortal inst. series was realllllyyyy good!

and vampire academy

sandiegno
Contributor
Emma_Michaels
0 Kudos

Here are some I enjoyed recently:

Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves
The Body Finder By Kimberly Derting
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink(Prophecy of the Sisters Trilogy, Book I)
Psion Beta by Jacob Gowan(Very Hunger Games)
Once a Witch
Whisper by Pheobe Kitanidis
Meridian
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Song Quest (The Echorium Sequence, Book 1) (most people have never heard of this one since it is older but it is amazing)
Deadly Little Secret (A Touch Novel)
The Hollow by Jessica Verday
Stork
Prom Nights from Hell (These two collections are a great way to find new authors since it gives you a feel for their writing)
Kisses from Hell

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
Book Blogger at: http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com