Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
AliceTP

Next Door Neighbors

Another story im thinking about writing.

Its about this girl Jamie lea clarkson. She is 15. She has 2 best friends. Sassy & Ritz.

Thats there nick names. Dont ask why. Its a long story. They call her  Gee- Gee.

Anyway, she gets some new neighbors. Three boys live there with there mom & dad.

She finds herself falling for each of them.

What you think? Should i write?

I love writing!!! (Even though im not that good. A.T.)

Sometimes i want to scream,
Other times i want to be happy,
Then i just want to be with you.
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

Re: Next Door Neighbors

[ Edited ]
This sounds neat! Like are they triplets?? Thatd be sweet. Anyway, it sounds good! :smileyvery-happy:
Message Edited by Arielle on 02-20-2009 06:50 PM
Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Wordsmith
AliceTP

*Smiles*

Chapter 1. Ice cream.

Sassy handed me my chocalate ice cream. "Thank you." I told her. She smiled in response.

She had her black hair, in wavy curls. Her big innocent light green eyes, staring at my cone.

She`s been on a diet. Even though she doesnt need one. We all ran track. Meaning, her,

ritz and me. She had an oval shaped face. Thin pink lips, and a skinny waist. She was wearing, blue jeans shorts. Like the rest of us. A striped colored shirt, and flat gold flip-flops. "If you want one. Just get one." I told her. "No.No. Im fine. I have self control." She

smirked at me. I licked my ice cream, making a yuming sound. Her face got sad. Then she pulled herself together and hit me on the arm. "Oww." I complained. "Serves you right." She said. "Ritz hurry up." I  said getting impaitent.  She was trying to pick a flavor. "Um.. i

want strawberry." She told the ice cream man. She has Paramore red hair. She dyed it

a couple weeks ago. She thought it would be a good change. It doesnt look that bad.

She was wearing blue jean shorts, a short sleeve brown shirt. With some writing on it.

She had pretty dark blue eyes. Skinny, and short.  Okay, guess what. Were the same

height!! Cool right? I know. Were about 5'0. Short i know. Its a curse. We started walking

back to my house. The ice cream shop was only a block away. "Want to race?" Sassy asked. No. "No."  I thought and said at the same time. "Why?" She asked putting on her

puppy dog eyes. "Because we just got ice cream. And i want to eat it." I pointed out.

"Please! I pay for it next time." SHe begged. I looked at ritz. She shrugged her shoulders.

As if saying "I dont care.". I rolled my eyes. "Fine." I mummered. Ritz and i threw away our ice cream. We got our legs ready. We may be short. But, we are real fast."Ok. Go!" And we took off.

What you think?

Wordsmith
AliceTP

Chapter 2. Meeting the neighbors.

I ran. We were side by side. I ran faster. Almost there. A little more. I was about to beat them when i tripped over something. Causing me to fall and hit the hard pavement. Scrapping, my hands and knees. "Omg!" I heard sassy say. They were both beside me.

"Are you okay?" I heard a un-familar voice say. I looked up. A boy about my age was coming over. Wearing silky black shorts, and a over-sized red t-shirt. He had light blonde hair. Beautiful ocean deep blue eyes, and sweat dripping off his face. Wow! "Yea. I guess." I said. Not knowing what else to say.  "You sure?" He asked. I nodded. "Dude. Were you go?" I heard another voice say. I looked. There came to more boys, from around a moving truck. People un-loading stuff out of it. "What you do to her? Man." One of them asked.

"We just got here. And you already, got the ladies falling for you?" The other one said. Smiling. A cute smile.  "Shut up. She fell over your skate board." He told him. I looked on the ground. Sure enough, there was a skate board sitting there. "Sorry." The boy said to me. He had chesnut brown hair. Beautiful hazel eyes. And had a killer smile. They all did.

"Its okay. Jast a couple scratches." I said. "Im alex." He said. "Im daniel." The other said.

He had jet black hair. Black, brown eyes. And he was muscular. They all were. I wanted to bad too melt like a popsicle. "And im zack." The boy infront of me said. "Im Gee-gee." I

told them. They looked at each other. "Its my nickname. And this is sassy and ritz. Also

there nicknames." I pointed to sassy and ritz. They smiled. "Thats cool." They boys said together. I smiled.  "It was nice to meet you all. But, i have to get home. Or my mom will get me. She wants me to help her cook. Because my brother is coming over." I told them. Why did i just tell them that? "Do you live far from here?" Zack asked. His voice sweet.

"No. I live next door." I looked over at my house. My mom and dads car was there. Well, it was saturday. "Cool." He said.  "Well i got to go." I said. "I`ll help you up."  he said. Alex grabbed my hand. It was so warm. I screamed inside. Keeping a straight face on the outside. "Thanks." I said and turned. Walking to my house. "Your never going to wash that hand are you?" I heard ritz whisper to me. I just smiled to myself. Eeeppp!

Any good? 

Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

Cute! I like it! :smileyvery-happy: keep it up!
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Adorable!  I have to say, this has to be one of my faves by you!  :smileyvery-happy:
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Wordsmith
AliceTP

(I got saved yesterday! At church!! :smileyhappy:)

Chapter 3. Suprise!!!

I went in my house with sassy and ritz. "Oww!!" I heard my mom scream. I ran to

the kitchen. "Whats wrong mom?"I asked worried. She was standing over the stove. There was food everywhere. She`s been busy. "I put a cake in the oven. And got burned."

She informed me. She was holding her arm. Wearing a apron. Her light brown hair a mess.

Her diamond face was worried. Her big green eyes staring at her arm. "Let me see." I walked over to her. It was almost a circle. It was turning pink and skin was pulling away.

Like when you get a sunburn. And later your skin starts to peel. Thats what this looked like. "Go up-stairs. Run it under some cold water. And rest. You will be fine." I told her.

"No. I cant. Your brother and his girlfriend will be here soon. Less than a hour actually." Her

voice fast. She looked around panicing. "Mom." I said. "Uh?" She asked her head moving in

diffrent directions. "Mom. Look at me." I raised my voice. She looked at me. "Go rest. We

got the food." I demanded her. "Okay. But, have everything done. Remember there`s a cake in the oven. The table needs to be set. And.." I interruppted her. "Dont worry. We have everything under control." I assured her. She gave a weak smile. And went up-stairs.

She was way stressed out. "Will you guys pleasssse help me?" I asked. Making puppy dog eyes. "Sure. I have nothing better to do." Ritz said. "Of course." Sassy said. And we got to work. Sassy set the table. While ritz and i cooked the food. Everything was done. "Thank you guys sooo much!" I hugged them tightly. "No prob. So well see you at school tomorrow?" Ritz asked. She is the sweetest thing you will ever cross. How she got mixed up with me and sassy i dont know. Sassy and i are real bad **Bleeps**. Were not afraid

to tell you what we think. Were the type of girls, that steal your men. Just cause we dont

like you. And dump them the next day. I know...were bad. Ha ha. I went up stairs and changed. Into some comfortable jeans, and a tight red shirt. I woke my mom up. And she

got ready. My dad is still at work. As always. Ding dong. "He`s here!" I screamed running down the stairs. I opened the door. There he was. With his girlfriend. I screamed and wrapped my arms around him. "Hey james." He said. "Dont call me that! You know i like

gee-gee better." I reminded him. I let go of him. He smiled his big cheesy grin. His black hair all combed. He was tall. Taller than me. Everyone is. Well you know the story. He was

looking at me with his dark carmel eyes. Wearing black jeans, a tight pressed green shirt.

"Hey ga ge." His stupid girlfriend amy said. I looked at her. "Its gee-gee." I corrected her.

"Oh. Gee-geep." She said smiling. I just stared at her. She had strawberry red hair. Dull

hazel eyes. And she was wearing, leggings, black short skirt, and some top that said : Looks  Are My Game. Whats yours? I almost chocked up laughing. But, my bone head of a brother  through me a look. Looks is all she got. Ha ha. "Wheres mom?" He asked. I looked behind me. And there she came down the stairs. My mom was skinny. But, tall. I was the shortest in my family. Ugh! "Kyle. Sweetie." She gave him a warm hug. "Hey ma.

How you been?" He asked showing another cheesy smiles. "Good. Come on in." She said.

Dad came home and we went to eating. My dads chestnut brown hair was messy. Something was coming. And i had a feeling i wasnt going to like it. "Amy and i have an

announcement." Kyle cleared his throat. Everyone stopped eating. I filled my mouth with water. Fixing to swallow. "Kyles pumping my gas!" Amy blurted out. I spit it out. And went

to laughing. Kyle, mom, and dad through me a look. But, i kept laughing. It was sooo funny. And then i snorted. Like a pig. My flaw. Ugh! I hate it. And snorted again. I calmed myself down. "What she means is. Were getting married." He said. I stoped smiling and laughing. I was right. Im not likeing this.

(Sorry its long.) What you think?

Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

First.. Thats awesome about getting saved!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Second, I liked it. It was really cute! I cant wait to read more about the boys next door. ha!

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Pumping my gas?  Wat?  How stupid is this girl?  Lol.  Dude... that sucks.  I hate it when guys marry idiot girls.  Gah! 

Keep writing!  You left a cliffhanger.  Lol.  

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
xojewlzx012
0 Kudos

omg this is adorable i love it
" I'm completly capable of driving myself home!"
Of course she was but i wasn't capabale of letting her go
- bella & edward, midnight sun ♥
Inspired Wordsmith
Kierstin-Kayla
0 Kudos

Ahhh! I love it!
pain is inevitable. suffering is optional.
Wordsmith
AliceTP

(Ha. Thanks. I know...i just figured i would make her dumb.)

(And thanks for thanking me. For getting saved! *Smiles*)

Chapter 4. What did you say?

"Thats great!" My mom squealed. "Can i ask a question?" I asked. Fazed.

"Sure." My brother said. "Um....what does she mean by pumping..you know." I asked.

"Oh.." He said. Clearly not sure. "Thats what my mom said to my dads parents. When they got married. It means...he is having se.." She got cut off. "Have you meet the new neighbors yet?" Kyle interuppted her. How did he know? "I saw a moving truck out side."

He explained. "Oh dear. No we havent. I was too busy..." My mom trailed off. "Well..we should all go over there. You can take the cake on the counter. In the kitchen." He kept talking. I was fixing to kick him from under the table. "Thats a good idea. Lets go." They all got up. I sluggishly got up. And followed them out the door. I made sure to stay a few feet behind. Because amy had the cake. And it had no lid. Ding dong! My mom rang the door bell.  A woman opened the door. She looked about to be in her mid thirties. She had honey

colored hair. Like zacks. I think it was him with the blonde hair. She had electric blue eyes. She was thin, and carrying a baby in her hands. It was a little girl. Awww! She was so cute. She looked like she was about  a couple months old. "Hello." She smiled kindly. She had a great smile. She flashed her white teeth. She was definetly there mother. "Hi! We heard we had some new neighbors. And we figured, we would bring you a little something." My mom said so sweetly. Too bad she wasnt like that all the time. Like when i come home late at nights. "That is so nice of you. Come on in." She invited us in. We walked in. I still made sure to keep my distance from amy. She took us to the kitchen. We the boys were. Zack, alex, daneil, and what i thought to be there dad. Alex and daniel looked more like there dad.

The dad had dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, and had a freckle on his nose. The boys looked suprised to see me. I almost died. "Hunny. These are our neighbors. They baked us a cake." She told the man. "That was very nice of them." His voice light. "You can put it on the counter." The woman told amy. Amy started to walked but lost balance, and came twirling my way. When BAM! The cake smushed in my face. "Ugh!!" I said. Almost screamed. "That was so punny..." Amy had a big grin on her face. No one could probably see my exspression. With all that chocalte on my face. But, i was giving her a dirrrtyy look. Everyone had smiles on there faces. EVERYONE! I balled my fists up. Then quickly straightened them out. I turned. SAying nothing. And walked out the door. Great. "You okay?" I heard zacks voice. It was almost a laugh. I could feel the smile in his voice. I kept walking. "Here let me help." He pleaded. I stoped and turned towards him. Not knowing how close he was too me. Only inches away. I had to look up at him. Now i feel better. Not. "Is that chocalate?" He asked. Duh? What does it look like? "Yea...." I said. He put his finger on my face. And went down to my cheeck. And stuck it in his mouth. "Yummy." He said. I couldnt move. I was shocked. He just...and...finger....mouth. I was fighting the urge to scream in exciment so bad. "You need any help? With getting the rest off?" He asked. His eyes un-readable. Yes. Yes. Yes! A million times yes. "Na. Im a just rinse off." I told him.

Shut up mouth!! Say yes!!! "Ok. Im a go back to my house. See ya tomorrow at school." He said and turned. School? I melted. Wow!

Sorrys not that long. Like the others. What did you think of this one?

Inspired Wordsmith
Kierstin-Kayla
0 Kudos

OMG. That's so cute!

Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

That was really cute! I liked it!
Wordsmith
AliceTP

Chapter 5. Stars.

After cleaning myself up. I put on a green tank top. And a pair of shorts that said :smileyfrustrated:exy.

My comfortable sleep wear. Though i wear tank tops any time of the day. My parents and brother and amy, came in. "They are good people." MY mom said. "Im going outside." I said and walked past them. "Were you going?" My mom asked. My dad just kept walking. Typical. "Just outside. Smoke." I said. Her eyes widened at me. "You what!! How.." I cut her off. "Im just kidding. Im just to sit on the porch." I assured her. "Oh. Ok." She said and walked up the stiars eyes still big. "Amy. Sweetie. Go head up to the guest room. I`ll be up soon." I heard kyle tell amy. I went out the door. It was warm. Dark but warm. I sat on the steps. The door opened behind me. I figured it was kyle. "Hey." He said. I knew it. "What do you want?" I asked. "Harsh much?" He asked. I turned and looked at him. "You say harsh now?" I asked. "Amy says it alot. Guess it rubbed off on me." He sat down beside me. He is 23 now. Its hard to believe. "Why dont you like her?" He asked me. He was one to get to the point. "She is stupid beyond stupid. She would laugh at a fly. Just for sitting on a chair. She is not cool. And she......." I paused. "She what?" He pressed me to talk more.

"Nothing. Just stupid." I sighed. Its not really what i was going to say. "Look. I know she is not the brightest person. But, i love her. She can always make me laugh. She is beautiful.

And i have never felt like this about anyone before." He told me. I didnt look at him. Whatever. "She wants you to be our flower. For some crazy reason. She likes you." He got up & went in.  I let out a deep sigh. "Not used to having cake thrown in your face?" I heard a voice say. I looked up. Daniel. The one i havent talked to much. "Not hardly." I said. Im not sure why. But, a huge grin took over my face. Werid. He looks so good.

He plopped down beside me. "Why dont you like her?" He asked. I glared at him. "Easedrop

much?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders.  "Besides her being stupid." He added. "I dont know. She just.....she makes him happy." I blurted out. He looked confused. "So..you want to be the one that makes your brother happy?" He asked looking ready to throw up. I punched him on the shoulder. "Eww. No! Gag me." I almost yelled. Silence. "She makes him happy. Im glad she does. But, she gets under my skin. & he wont be around much any more. Because, she wants to live in flordia. He was my only friend growing up. & now im losing him." I explained. Im not sure why i told a stranger my feelings. But, i felt safe and comfortable around daniel. The quiet & mysterious daniel. "Why dont you tell him?" He asked me. "I want him to BE happy. She is what he chooses. I dont know why. But, she is the one he loves." I said simply.  "Your something else." He said looking away. "What do you mean?" I asked curiously. He looked in my eyes. "You are willing to lose a friend. Just so they can be happy." He stated. I nodded. & looked up at the stars. I could feel his eyes still on me. "You shouldnt look at the stars." He told me. I looked at him. Confused, curious, a little sad. "Why?" I cried. "Because they dont deserve your kind of beauty. Looking up on them." He told me and got up. "See you at school tomorrow." He said and walked away. My mouth dropped open. I have fallen for 2 brothers!!!!! What am i going to do? 

Should i write more?

Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

Oh that one is really cute!! I love that stars thing. I wish a guy would say that to me!! haha.. that was a good one.
Wordsmith
AliceTP
0 Kudos

(I realized...i had put it was saturday on there. & its school. So i skipped sunday. Ooops.

Sorry. Just change sat. to sunday. That way it will be monday.)                                    

Chapter 6. School.

I woke up. Brushed my teeth. And found something to wear. I looked in the mirror.

I was wearing, a short skirt, with leggings, a black shirt, with a blue top over it. And black flip flops. I didnt look bad. My blonde hair was in waves. My pretty diamond blue eyes, shined. I put some mascara on and some shiny red lip gloss. I walked down stairs. My mom & dad were gone at work. "Whos taking me to school?" I asked as i walked into the kitchen. Kyle & amy was sitting at the island. In the middle of the kitchen. "Me." Kyle said.

"Lets go." I said. "Arent you going to eat? Or drink something?" He asked. "Ritz is picking up the coffee today." I told him. He raised his eyebrows. "Oookay. Lets go then. Be back

soon babe." He kissed amy. Barf. We got in his black dodge truck. We drove to school.

Mainly in silence. We pulled up to the school. "Have a good day. And stay out of trouble." He told me. I smirked at him. "Nice try dad." I joked. He rolled his eyes. "You need me to pick you up too?" He asked. "No. Sassys sister. Is going to take me home." I informed him. I got out the truck. "See ya at home." I said and shut the door. & watch him drive away. & went to my locker.

Sorrys not long. The boys will be in the next chapter!! Any suggestions?

Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

yay!! anyway.. um for the boys, maybe you could have each one be in a different one of her classes.. but they all have lunch together or something.. and then later like they all do something in class that impresses her or something. but the one that she hasnt really talked to much [or the one she isnt crushing on yet] could be like in two of her classes and then he is like quiet and such but a nice guy.. i dont know. its your story. haha.. :]  sorry for rambling..
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

So good!  I like Daniel!  Well the one that ate the cake off her face sounds pretty awesome too.  I agree with Arielle! 
Inspired Wordsmith
Kierstin-Kayla
0 Kudos

Can someonw name all of them [ the boys ] and what they look lik? please?  thnx