Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
BreaEssex
0 Kudos

Re: October Sneak Peek: Sorry, Enrollment is now Closed.

Should I be concerned that I haven't received my copy yet?

http://breaessex.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

BreaEssex wrote:

Should I be concerned that I haven't received my copy yet?

No, I just received mine about 5 min. ago.  They're running really late I guess.  I thought I was never going to get the delivery, but it got here today.  I do hope you get it soon, though.

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Contributor
Carrissa
0 Kudos

I received and read my book today! Yay! It was so good. When is the discussion supposed to start?

Contributor
DudesMama
0 Kudos

Re: October Sneak Peek: Enrollment is now Open!

I got my book yesterday!!! Yippee!!!

Inspired Contributor
kittykat59
0 Kudos

Question why is the Teen First Look now called Sneak Peek. Very disappointed. Checking for Teen FL only to miss out on this one. NOT happy at all!

Inspired Contributor
kittykat59
0 Kudos

Kristin

When did Teen FL change to Sneek Peek??? Missed out on this one. Not happy at all

Frequent Contributor
AIRKNITTER
0 Kudos

Just finished re-reading Hush Hush...looking forward to more of Patch and his "Angel".... Does anyone know where i can find the schedule for this book?

thanks BN

Children are the living message we send to a time we will not see.
Frequent Contributor
AIRKNITTER
0 Kudos

The discussion will begin on Monday October 4th, and Becca will join in the following Monday, October 11th. Becca will also be joining us for a live chat on B&N's official Facebook page, so look out for an announcement soon! See below for enrollment instructions. 

Children are the living message we send to a time we will not see.
Frequent Contributor
Lblaze
0 Kudos

Mine has arrived! I'm already halfway done!!

Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
0 Kudos

I cannot wait to start taking about the book.  I finished and I am biting at the bit to talk about it with all of you!  Plus, I know there are some experts out there that will be able to clarify a few things too!  Let the 4th come soon! :smileyhappy:

You are the author of your own life story.
Frequent Contributor
Lblaze
0 Kudos

I was wondering the same thing, I haven't gotten any details yet on the discussion. I just finished the book, can't wait to discuss!!

Reader
Ardrhys
0 Kudos

Has anyone found out any info on this yet? I've looked all over and haven't found Anything. Thanks!

Contributor
melNaac
0 Kudos

I am new to all of this as well! I know it starts tomorrow but where? I am excited to talk about it!

Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g

kittykat59 wrote:

Question why is the Teen First Look now called Sneak Peek. Very disappointed. Checking for Teen FL only to miss out on this one. NOT happy at all!

I'm not associated with B&N so take this response with a grain of salt, but my understanding is that B&N does two types of advance preview discussions now. There are the full-fledged first looks (which sometimes get a special designation--teen, or mystery, or e-book) that get their own set of boards, a full month of discussion, and (I think) more ARCs to be distributed). Then there are the sneak peeks. These are done in conjunction with an existing board (so they have had a romance one, a scifi/fantasy one, a current events one, and, now, a teen one)--the discussion shows up on the relevant genre board, they only last for two weeks, and there might be fewer participants.

Best,

Katie

Frequent Contributor
KateBrianIsAwesome
0 Kudos

You're right krb2g! :smileyhappy: 

krb2g wrote:

kittykat59 wrote:

I'm not associated with B&N so take this response with a grain of salt, but my understanding is that B&N does two types of advance preview discussions now. There are the full-fledged first looks (which sometimes get a special designation--teen, or mystery, or e-book) that get their own set of boards, a full month of discussion, and (I think) more ARCs to be distributed). Then there are the sneak peeks. These are done in conjunction with an existing board (so they have had a romance one, a scifi/fantasy one, a current events one, and, now, a teen one)--the discussion shows up on the relevant genre board, they only last for two weeks, and there might be fewer participants.

Best,

Katie

Reading can only make you more happy and smarter. :smileyhappy:

Visit my blog at http://teenbibliophile.blogspot.com/

- Mallory