Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club: April

Sandra- Saw the nursery a few days ago just didn't comment because I've been spending a lot of time reading. It looks great btw.

Nikki- Not sure Nick even gets on here anymore! we have all kind of drifted away.

BC- Well for the few of us who are getting on here I've been reading like crazy. Read probably another 5ish mangas and 4ish books. Some have been good and some have really let me down. Hope everyone is having a good summer

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Hey everyone....Lexa I am one of the drifters...lol I've been really busy with my girls dancing and softball stuff, but I did get to finish Invinsible and have started Illusions. Liking it alot. Nikki I think I may skip the arc and just wait for it on my nookcolor bc I have the other two on here and OCD I have to stay the same, plus a hate paper back.....thanks again for the offer Lexa. Hope everyone is having a great summer so far, I am enjoying the time off to spend with my girls :smileyhappy: I think Nick must be really busy with school through the summer, I remember him saying he only had 1 week off then back to classes. We all have our drifter moments, like old friends we always come back....ttyl Zoey I have issues with typing on my nookcolor sometimes, you are not alone!
Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

HELLOOOOOOO!!!! Sorry I haven't been on, school is really kicking my butt with the whole deal of learning something in one and a half months, rather then 3 months.  Haven't read in awhile but I did read Crescendo off and on, and finally finished it!!

Nikki

I did get Twisted hopefully I will get to read it soon!!! So we can talk about it!!

Lexa

Thanks for the ARC buddy :smileywink: Really jealous you get all this reading time!!

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Pictures, Images and Photos
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

I got a TON of ARCs from the book Expo!!:smileyhappy:

Some of the titles include:

Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #3)

Sketchy Behavior

Legend

Daughter of Smoke and Bone  

And some others that I might not read (I might not even read some of the above ).

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

Jake- Lucky!!! How was the book Expo?

BC- So we were supposed to talk about Wicked Lovely... yesterday... which I read quite a while ago so I'm going to try and remember what I thought of it... So I thought the whole magical world was beautiful and really cool to read about... the writing was brilliant... I liked everything about it really (I think..) but the one problem I had with it was that at times it was a bit slow and hard to get through. But overall I still really enjoyed it! Hope you all are doing great! =)

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

BC - Hope everyone is doing well!  We've kinda been slacking on our book discussions, but I guess everyone has been out enjoying their summer...I know I have!  I wasn't able to read Wicked Lovely, but I am anxiously waiting for Passion to arrive on my doorstep, cuz I will definitely be reading that one!  It's about time to vote for some new books, too...it seems like we just voted...time goes too fast!

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

ZoeyRedbird wrote:

I didn't psychically go but a relative of mine went for me . It was during school unfortunately.

That didn't stop me from getting books from it though!

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

HungerGamesPerson wrote:

ZoeyRedbird wrote:

I didn't psychically go but a relative of mine went for me . It was during school unfortunately.

=) Yepp I wish I would've known someone who went... oh well =)

Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

ZoeyRedbird wrote:

HungerGamesPerson wrote:

ZoeyRedbird wrote:

=) Yepp I wish I would've known someone who went... oh well =)

Yeh, That's too bad. Most of the books this year were Chic-lit so I gave most to a cousin of mine.

Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Abby wow I geuss it is time to vote already and after the voting def start a new post that doesnt have the month on it. I need to think about some books I'd like to read on here and repost....let the nominating of books to vote on begin.....Lexa you ready!!!???
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Wolfsbane(Nightshade#2) by Andrea Cremer and Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead.....I think we should vote for July, August and Sept lists.
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

BC - I did read Wicked Lovely and I read it in one sitting.  I thought it was really good and it reminded me of the Wings series a bit, but I already bought the second one and started it as well.  I had to stop that one to read an ARC though, but I'll be getting back to it shortly.  As for voting, I'm going to recommend a few books for the voting list now then.  Here are my suggestions:

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner Series #1) 

Graceling 

The Devouring (The Devouring Series #1)    

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

I finished Divergent  **Spoilers**

And I didn't really like it. The first 250 pages were really good and I loved them but the last 50 were terrible. All of the real action took place in 50 pages and the last 20 was the climax. I seemed really rushed and also unrealistic. It end, for me, without rapping it up yet. Like how Tris destroyed the computer and then just stroled out. Will there be a sequel?? There were too many unaswered questons.

Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

K-Wags wrote:
Abby wow I geuss it is time to vote already and after the voting def start a new post that doesnt have the month on it. I need to think about some books I'd like to read on here and repost....let the nominating of books to vote on begin.....Lexa you ready!!!???

Is it voting time already??

Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

i just finished legend which I have been reading for a couple of days now and I am starting Fracture. I would Post a link but it is coming out in 2012 so i can't

Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

HungerGamesPerson wrote:

I finished Divergent  **Spoilers**

And I didn't really like it. The first 250 pages were really good and I loved them but the last 50 were terrible. All of the real action took place in 50 pages and the last 20 was the climax. I seemed really rushed and also unrealistic. It end, for me, without rapping it up yet. Like how Tris destroyed the computer and then just stroled out. Will there be a sequel?? There were too many unaswered questons.

It is supposed to be a trilogy and the next one is supposed to come out next spring or fall...

Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

Good!!I was worried that it was a single book.

Now I just have to get book 2

Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

BC - I figured I better give my suggestions for the next round of voting:

Graceling 

Divergent 

The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies Series # 2)    

Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #3)  

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

I've already read Graceling but I would be free to disscuss it with you guys

Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

BC- Sorry guys I've been really busy reading and at work and being better about running my blog. I guess it is time for voting again. Well I'll post some of my picks tomorrow and then I'll go back through and make a list of what everyone has chosen so far and then we shall vote!

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/