Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

Re: Online Book Club: April

My picks are:

Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #3) 

Wolfsbane (Nightshade Series #2) 

Divergent 

Thirteen Reasons Why     

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Contributor
sandiegno
0 Kudos

, i just read wicked lovely (waiting on book 2) and i am currently reading passions.. honestly im not loving passions so far  but im only 1/4 the way through. the whole going back in time  from hers then his pov idk dont love like i did the other ones

sandiegno
Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

sandiegno - Welcome!  You kinda joined at a slow time...usually we are more active and there are more posts, but everyone has been really busy lately.  We are supposed to be voting on new selections for the next few months so if you have any books you would like to recommend for voting, feel free to add them.  I'm Abbey, btw.

BC - So I know everyone has been really busy, but I'm gonna go ahead and say my piece about Passion since that's the book scheduled for today.  I don't know if anyone else read it, but here it goes: First things first...I have to stop reading these books that belong in a series right when they come out!  That leaves too much time in-between for me to forget things, not to mention the year-long agony of waiting for the next installment!  I read Torment as soon as it came out and then had to wait a year for Passion, and in that time I had forgotten just about everything...and now I've gone and done it again!  How long til Rapture? Ahhh!  Anyway, back to the book.  I didn't enjoy Passion as much as the others, but it was still very good.  It was fun to get to see some of Daniel and Luce's past lives.  I also enjoyed reading from Daniel's perspective every once in a while...kind of a welcome break from Luce's constant "Does Daniel really love me or is he forced to because of the curse...blah blah blah...Why is he keeping things from me...Why didn't he just tell me...blah blah"  Don't get me wrong, I like Luce's character okay, but I get tired of her constant whining sometimes.  Buuut, anyway, I'm looking forward to Rapture (whenever that is), and gave this one 4 of 5 stars.

Hope everyone is well!  Everyone must be really busy...I know I am (stupid summer courses!).  Happy Fourth of July everyone!

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Contributor
sadie_2151
0 Kudos

Hey everyone, I haven't really read at all this summer, I've just been having fun with friends and family. But i know i few books I really wanna read so here's my vote...and I hope everyone's having a wonderful summer!

Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #3)  

Never Have I Ever (Lying Game Series #2)  

The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies Series # 2)  

Inspired Contributor
sadie_2151
0 Kudos

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Hello everyone hope all is well. Things are starting to slow down a little bit for me, dance is done for a few weeks and only one more softball game. I have been lounging by the pool the past few days and I love it, I need to move closer to the SUN!

I am currently reading Passion so I am a little bit behind, but I will say that I enjoy Daniels POV and knowing more about their history. I think this was the filler book in the series. Not enough info given so far. Not sure what I will be reading next. What is everyone else reading or going to read this summer?

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Hey everyone, I just finished the ARC of Twisted and it was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!! Jeez-us it was soooo good, dam the cliffhanger!!!!!!! Ughhh anyways Kelly do you want to read it, let me know so I can send it to you PM your address, If not I'll send it back to Lexa!!!! Anyways nothing new lazing by the pool too, and find another book to read ttyl!!! 

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Nick I'm good thanks send it back to Lexa.
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Nick- I'll send you a message with my address.

BC- well like everyone else I've been busy with work and running the blog. At least my blog is scheduled through september right now so I'm ahead for when school starts up again. Hope you are all having a great summer. I'll have to try to come on here more often. I'll set up voting soon.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
sadie_2151
0 Kudos

I hope we're voting soon! Since Borders is closing down I wanna go and get all the books we'll be discussing I'm super anxious to start!!

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Not really sure what happened to everyone, but everyone mentioned the book they wanted but no follow up ??!!???

Maybe I will just make a list of everyones books and set dates instead of voting bc I dont think we have a ton of books to list anyway.

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Voting will close by next Friday August 12th, please post your choices. Pick 6 books you would like to read and they will be set up starting Sept 14, Sept 30 Oct 14, Oct 30 Nov 14, Nov 30 then we start over for Dec and after.

The voting choices are:

Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls #3)

Never Have I Ever

The Power of Six (series book #2)

Thirteen Reasons Why

Divergent

Wolfsbane (Night Shade #2)

Warm Bodies

Bloodlines - release aug 23

The Maze Runner

Graceling

The Devouring

Silence (Hush, Hush #3) - release oct 4

Beautiful Chaos (Beautful Creatures #3) - release oct 18

Please vote soon so a new post can be set up with the reading schedule.

Thanks everyone hope you are all having a wonderful summer!!!!

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

My votes are:

Power of Six 1

Wolfsbane 1

Warm Bodies 1

Bloodlines 1

Silence 1

Beautiful Chaos 1

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Kelly - I think if you want to set up the voting that would be fine. I think everyone has been really busy...I know I have but I'll finally be done with my summer class today. I'll be glad to have more time to read and talk with everybody here.
Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Kelly - Oops...looks like I'm too slow. Thanks for setting everything up. Here are my votes: -Forever -The Power of Six -Divergent -Wolfsbane -Silence -Beautiful Chaos
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

=) My voting picks are...

Bloodlines, Thirteen Reasons Why, Graceling, The Power of Six, Divergent, and Silence

I hope everyone is doing well and having a good summer!

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Contributor
sadie_2151
0 Kudos

My votes are:

Forever

The Power of 6

Never have i ever

divergent

the maze runner

graceling

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

mine are (I only have 3 cause i dont have much time to read so I wont get to any of the others..)

the power of six (still have to read I am number 4, so maybe farther down the list)

wolfsbane (reading now)

silence

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

I am going to start a new online bookclub board with the outline schedule for reading... see you there!!
New User
Sadie-Que
0 Kudos

Hi, I guess I'm a newbie and I have no idea where to post this.  So... can you please tell me a little bit about this club?:smileyhappy: 

Well, I'm 13 and I LOVE to read.  Currently, I am into the Jodi Picoult books, in fact, today, I finished "Plain Truth".  I enjoyed it a lot!!!  :smileyhappy:  Anyway, I hope your summer has been going well,  Bye!