Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club: April

I just read the Hex Hall series in about 4 Hours and I really liked it!

I was surprised I liked it because I thought it would be a Chic-lit but it wasn't.

I wouldn't have read it but I got the 2nd one as a gift so I figured I'd better read the first too.

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Zoey- I'm sorry your sister is sick, I hope she stays strong for the battle she has ahead.

BC- Well PHX Comicon was crazy but I got to go to a lot of cool panels and meet several very cool authors and chat personally with a lot of them. Plus there was a lot of great artwork there by different artists. I'm exhausted I've been running around the con for the past three days while being sick so I've been spending the whole day around my house reading and sleeping, drugged up. I hope everyone is good though and getting a ton of reading done.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Zoey -  Omg, I'm so sorry about your sister.  My thoughts are with her and I hope she gets better.  :smileysad: 

BC -  I haven't been reading much either lately and I've managed to post blogs about my reading even less than that, because I've been really busy and I've been getting some morning sickness and I've been so tired that I've gone to sleep after about 12 hours of being awake to sleep for 12 hours.  So, with 4 hours less for each day, it's pretty hard getting anything done.  I stopped reading Gone a long time ago and never picked it up again.  I was about halfway done with it.  Recently I read a NetGalley of The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles Series)  and I also got around to finally reading The Forest of Hands and Teeth (Forest of Hands and Teeth Series #1)  and I thought both were really good and I read The Forest of Hands and Teeth in one sitting!  I had already spent all my extra money this month on baby stuff though, so I'm waiting until today or tomorrow when my account is updated and I can get The Dead-Tossed Waves (Forest of Hands and Teeth Series #2)  to read next.  :smileyhappy:  I hope everyone is doing well and hopefully my second trimester will be easier on me and I'll be around a bit more. 

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

Zoey- My Prayers are with you and your sister.

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Inspired Correspondent
adm912
0 Kudos

Zoey- My thoughts are with you, your sister, and the rest of your family! I know illnesses like that affect everyone involved. *hugs*

Sandra - Hope you get to feeling better soon!

BC- I've been slacking on reading a bit! I've been having problems due to my new medicine they put me on so I've been sleeping a lot. I'm hating it because so many books came out in May that I want to read and then more in June...Ekkk! Has anyone read anything really good lately?!

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Amanda - Both of my last two reads were really good:

The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles Series)  My review - http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/2011/05/girl-in-steel-corset-by-kady-cross.html 

The Forest of Hands and Teeth (Forest of Hands and Teeth Series #1)  (not reviewed yet)

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Zoey - So sorry to hear about your sister.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your sister.

Lexa - Glad you had a good time at Comicon!

Amanda - Lately, I haven't read anything too fantastic.  Right now I'm reading Amy and Roger's Epic Detour...but, again, it's not fantastic.  I'm in desperate need of a book that just blows me away!

BC - For all you Mortal Instruments fans, I just thought I would share that Jamie Campbell Bower has been cast as Jace Wayland in the upcoming movie.  I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but hopefully it will be great!  Here's the link if you want it: http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/10533/jamie-campbell-bower-cast-as-jace-wayland-in-the-mortal... 

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Sandra- I hope your morning sickness goes away soon. I'm glad you enjoyed both The Girl in the Steel Corset and Forest of Hands and Teeth. I just love the cover of Steel Corset and I do own Forest I just have to get around to read it. Story of my life lol

Amanda- Sorry I've mostly been reading manga lately and ARCs so the stuff I'm reading isn't out to the public yet and most of them haven't really blown me away. Although I am reading Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2) right now and its good and comes out in July. If you haven't read Nightshade I would recommend that it is a great older teen book.

Abbey- Thanks, I hope we find some books soon to blow us away :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Lexa -  Thanks, I've been eating a couple crackers as soon as I wake up now and I haven't gotten sick again.  :smileyhappy:  It took me forever to read The Forest of Hands and Teeth too, I've had it forever, but I'm glad I finally did and it was so good, I read it in one sitting.  :smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Correspondent
adm912
0 Kudos

Sandra - I actually requested The Forest of Hands and Teeth from the library this morning. Should get it in the next couple of weeks. I didn't want to buy it because I'm not big on zombies, so figured I'd borrow it and if I liked it buy all of them. 

Lexa- The little bit of reading I've been doing has been ARCs, too. Finished Ordinary Beauty early this morning. It was pretty good, just soooo depressing. I'm just feeling like a slacker, since I'm reading so slowly. Any great mangas you've read lately? I've personally only ever read a couple different ones. 

Inspired Contributor
sadie_2151
0 Kudos

Zoey- I'm so sorry to hear that about your sister. My cousin had luekemia when he was just 9 years old. He was diagnosed back in 2007. He was very lucky because he's now in remission. I wish your sister the best of luck (= 

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Amanda- The only manga that I have read so far are Black Bird, Volume 1  I've read the first 4 volumes and really like it but it is something that I recommend for an older audience. There are themes of dark sexuality in this one that I don't mind because I read romance and domination stories sometimes. I've also read the first two volumes in Vampire Knight, Volume 1  which I'm having my ups and downs with.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Sandra - for some reason the blogger wont let me sign in and i was trying to comment on your post about the nursery here was my post "SOOOO CUTE!!!! are you going to find out what it is? you have like 6-9 more weeks. you should see my fb to see hayden's room, we live in an apt so we
couldnt paint.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000432565711 " so glad everything is going great with the pregnancy, I loved the early months.... then again I only had 6 lol.... I didnt have to go through the end where you feel like your going to pop.

Kelly, Nick - Twisted is great, if I had more time to read I would be done by now, but I am about 3/4 through so hopefully soo I'll get it out ot you nick, pm me your address when you can.

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Nikki -  Thanks so much!  I was confident of my color choice when I picked it, then when it was on the walls in an empty room I got scared, but now that we finally have the furniture and tree decals up I love it again!  It just looked really bright and almost electric when the room was bare.  And I am definitely going to find out the gender, I can't wait!  We're going to add accents of pink or blue when we find out.  :smileyhappy:  I like the way pink and green and pink and blue look together and we already have brown and white as the main accent colors and those go well with anything.  So, I can't wait to see everything come together and I can buy gender-specific clothes and such.  Most of our large purchases are in neutrals in case we have another baby we can re-use, but I want to get a bunch of small things for a girl or boy specifically!  It's so exciting and I just can't wait!  (^_^)

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Sandra - I remember when I was that excited, we were wanting a girl and had already bought a bunch of pink clothes and toys (which we still have, saving for the next one. IT WILL BE A GIRL! lol) and we didnt even decorate his room till after he was born and home from the hospital, lol. he sleeps in our room anyways.

Hayden news - the dr finally called and said that we can take him off his apnea monitor! I already have it packed up and by the door!

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Nikki -  We're getting an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper for the bedroom so he or she will be in there for the first 6 months or so I'm thinking.  There's a lower incidence of SIDS if the baby is in the same room as the parents for the first 6 months and I'm sure late-night breastfeeding will be easier that way too.  I'm excited to get the nursery ready though, because that's where the baby will be during the day and such.  I keep the bedroom closed off to keep the dogs out during the day, so it will be nice to have a relaxing spring green room for all the daylight hours!  :smileyhappy:  I really can't wait though, it takes an incredibly long time lol.  211 more days according to my pregnancy ticker.  Wow!  And congratulations to your little baby on breathing better on his own now!  Woo!

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for caring!! It means a lot to me =) And I'm confident she is going to be okay, but it's just going to be a while until she is back to normal...

Sandra and Nikki- It's so exciting to hear your baby news!! Sandra your nursery room looks so adorable! And Nikki I'm glad to hear Jace is doing even better thats wonderful news!! =)

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Zoey -  You're welcome and thank you!  I've put a lot of thought and both my husband and I have put a lot of work into the nursery as well.  It's exciting to see it all come together!  :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

bc - does anyone else have problems replying on here when using the nookcolor? also for those reading the Iron Fey series there is a free novella that takes place after Iron Queen, Summer's Crossing (Iron Fey Series)

Kelly, Nick- Twisted was great, completely unexpected! I loved that I couldnt guess what was going to happen next. send me you address Nick so I can pass it on.

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Nikki - I do sometimes.  It can be annoying trying to get the keyboard to pop up when it doesn't want to lol.  Annoying!

BC -  Wicked Lovely was pretty good and I bought the next in the series already, but I am busy reading an ARC now, so i had to put it aside.  Hopefully I can get back to it soon though, because it was interesting!  :smileyhappy: