Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club [The

Korts the new s meyer book is a spin off of eclipse about Bree. I read that Stephenie will have it for free to read on her website for her fans or you can buy hardback June 5. How do you like The Hunger Games? Wait til Catching Fire and you see what the capital does to her! I love the series can't wait til Mocking Jay in August. Everyone have a great Easter. Happy reading!!!!
Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
New User
Stage12
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club

Hi i would love to join you book club and im gonna go get the book tommorow

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club

totally join we would love to have you.  a lot of us are students so once summer comes we might bump it up to more books a month but for right now we are only doing one.  the book for april 14th will be pretty little liars (the first one) and the book for may 14th will be Beastly by alex finn i believe.  what we do is we just come on here and leave comments and stuff throughout the day and stuff and then when you come on just check and see if there is anything new and then leave your thoughts.  thats how we discuss.  thats long and confusing but you will get it.  its fun.  you can come on other times too because sometimes some of us will talk about other books or something.  its fun!!

Frequent Contributor
WriterMom
0 Kudos

korts wrote:

so it was mentioned before about the Great and Terrible Beauty series.  well i went on a book shopping spree today so i will have books to read over spring break and one of them is the great and terrible beauty.  i went to the website and watched the book trailer and holy moly it looks really good i can't wait to start it.  who else has read it?  and are they making a movie of it?

I have read the series and you are right. They are awsome books. Set back to the 20's or 30's and it's just really good. I think from reading some of things you've wrote you are going to love them. Let me know when your finished we'll talk about them.

The Boondock Saints Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
WriterMom
0 Kudos

ALN wrote:

Yea that's what I thought. They don't seem to have any original ideas anymore, so they rely on authors and books for their movies. How did u like the first PLL? I personally just find the ending of them confusing till I finally get an explanation in a later book lol.

Ok how many are in the series? I thought there was only 2. Please tell me if I am wrong! I will have to get the rest. ASAP.

Frequent Contributor
WriterMom
0 Kudos

WriterMom wrote:

ALN wrote:

Yea that's what I thought. They don't seem to have any original ideas anymore, so they rely on authors and books for their movies. How did u like the first PLL? I personally just find the ending of them confusing till I finally get an explanation in a later book lol.

Ok how many are in the series? I thought there was only 2. Please tell me if I am wrong! I will have to get the rest. ASAP.

OPPS sorry your talking about a different series. I was talking about deadly little secrets.

New User
gracemarks
0 Kudos

hello all,

new to b&n,

i would love to join the club XD

Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

Did anyone see the tralier for beastly???It looks good but he really doesnt look like a beast though lol.

"Books are the things that keep us inspired,content,and above all else happy"
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

we would love to have you join our club.  this month we are reading pretty little liars and will be discussing it on the 14th of april this month.  next month we are reading beastly by alex finn and will be discussing it on may 14th.  we would love to have you join us!

funwithfaith-yeah we have seen it.  he is not a beast and that makes me sad.  i wish they would just have made him a beast.

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

I just got done with Pretty Little Liar #1, can't wait to talk about it! Okay I have to admit Korts when you said you were on page 136 and loved it, I was not as excited when I was there but then the more I read I couldn't put it down and I bought #2 and can't wait to start it and find out all my unanswered questions. Also just pre-order the new Meyer book for June...Yeah. She is such a great writer, I enjoy her style for giving such great detail to her characters.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

yeah the questions are not answered and i need to know!  i bought the second one too but i haven't started it yet

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Do you find it weird that all 4 girls has someone "new" in there life and they are their conflict? Something is up with that! I am so curious, but I will hold all thoughts and question about the book until the 14th I don't want to spoil :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

thats interesting now that i think about it you are right.  lets bring it back up on the 14th to see what everyone else has to say!  are you going to read beastly for next month?

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

I am! xD I so want to read it before the movie comes out =D

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

lexievamp- i want to read it b4 too, even though the movie is like out in july

korts- yea he is not even a beast all he is is a guy with tattos and a bald head thats it, when actually the whol movie is about him being a real beast

"Books are the things that keep us inspired,content,and above all else happy"
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

the movie comes out in july so there is a little bit of time for you guys to read it.  i already read it and love it!  you guys have to read it so we can talk!

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Korts I can't wait til we all chat on the 14th! Yes I am going to read beastly for May, I already got it in the mail from b&n. I enjoy reading any book before I watch the movie. Like Shutter Island, I like the book but could not wait to see the movie and it was good, a little long but good.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i want to see that movie.  i love leo!!

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Have you read the book yet? Liked it but still have questions!  A little mistery ending.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

no i have not read shutter island