Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club

BC

It Snowed, it actually Snowed here!!!!!!!!! ****Blowing some to Heather******* School is cancelled Yes!!!!!!!! Snow Day!!!!! 

Kelly

I already fell on my butt already too... the news forgot to tell us that underneath the snow is about 3 inches of pure slipper Ice!!!

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

YEAH NICK AND ME!!!!  Thanks for blowing the snow here in LA.  What is up with TX and LA getting snow!!!  I don't care I am just glad it is here.  It is actually snowing right now.  I am laying in bed, computer in my lap, nook next to me with Night Star underneath that and I have an episode of Supernatural to catch up on...what a day!!!  Sorry you fell Nick!!

Kelly...LOL!!!  You know I was just messing.  It was pretty funny.

Okay...since it is snowing really hard I am hoping to finish this book.  Any suggestions of what to read next.  Like Kelly I do not want to get into a series because of DOTD coming out.  So, I basically have 10 days to read one or two more books.  Any suggestions???

The Beatles White On Black Banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Yeah snow for you guys.....although I am over the snow and cold we've had it since Nov.

Heather.... ahh what an awesome day you are going to have.... I know you were joking, and it was funny. I have heard that Matched was like Hunger Games alittle and that ppl really liked it, if you want to read that one. Other than that you could move on to Captivate and Enticy from the Need series.

Nick ....ICE SUCKS!

I am thinking global warming.....lol Snow in the south....

Started Crescendo....ugh I have it in paperback ARC....love that it was free but hate the paperback reading.... Love Patch and he sounds so HOT when Nora discribes him.....yummy!

Happy Reading and Snow Fall :-p

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Heather- Technically our Feb reads are Paranormalcy and Crusade and those are only one book each because their sequels are not out yet so you could read those if you have them.

BC- Glad you all got the snow that you either wanted or didn't want in Kelly's case. It is actually warmer in AZ today than it has been for the past few days. I have a mountain of homework though so I'm mostly doing homework today, maybe I'll sneak in a little bit of reading time as well.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

NO SNOW IN HOUSTON!!! Nick you are only like 2 1/2 hrs away, and got 3 in. I wanted to take Hayden outside and take pix of his first snow.... I have only ever seen snow twice in my life, once in Alabama and once here in Houston last year, :smileysad: Hopefully we still have a chance for snow.

I am reading Iron Queen and so far I love it. cant wait for the rest of yall who are reading Iron Fey to get to it so we can discus it.

Nick what was that series you were saying was better than Mortal Instruments? I think I'll read that next.

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestions guys.  I finally decided on Inevitabel by Jason Letts.  It is a trilogy but the next one will not be out until April.  Plus, I already have it on my Nook.  I almost started Fallen but I do not have the sequel to that one yet.  I still need to download Captivate and Entice.  I am trying to not to spend money yet.  I am kinda ready to finish the Need series though.  Maybe after DOTD.

I finished The Immortal Series at least until the final one comes out this summer.  I gave this one a 3 star instead of a 4 star only because I cannot believe she just did not end it with this one.  The last one better be REALLY good. 

hmmmm.....i think that is all for now!

Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Nikki

The Book is

Intertwined

I loved this series it's really really good!!!!!!!! But the second one is somewhat slow at the start but it gets good with a huge twist that I cant wait!!!!!!!!! Just FYI!!!

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Nikki- I'm glad the whole Iron Fey series is good since i have all three books on my tbr pile. I know I'm not Nick but the series he was raving about was

Intertwined 

Unraveled  

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Sigh Nicholas beat me to it by 55 seconds.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson

We barely got any snow up north here:smileysad:.

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

Lexa and Nick that is too funny!!!  I had to look over it twice to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me!!  I am glad you posted it though.  I will have to add it to my must reads!!

HGP-sorry you didn't get any snow.  I only got a few inches but it was nice to walk around in.  My boys really enjoyed it.

Does anyone have a book they love so much they re-read it or them?  I have not really be reading long so I have yet to find a book I could re-read.  Well...I am pretty sure I could re-read the Mortal Instruments.  Anywho...I am just interested in finding out what books you consider your favs that you could re-read.

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson

I have re read the hunger games at least 3 different times!

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

Heather: i think that i would read the Harry Potter books and maybe the Shiver series, but other than that there really isnt any books i would re-read,personaly i'm not a big fan of re-reading and idk y hahahaha.

BC- Did anyone read matched,casue i've heared mixed things and im not sure if i would like it :smileyhappy:

"Books are the things that keep us inspired,content,and above all else happy"
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Heather I have re-read Twilight and would def re-read The Body Finder. I' ve just had so many other things to read. HGP I live in PA and we got freezing rain but not much snow. I will prob start Captivate and Entice after DotD: ) Heather I also started to read switched trylle1, lol I switched the book I wanted to read. I will start Crescendo later in Feb or March. Anyway I like the story so far, but all I know is she can do mind tricks and make ppl do things....and Finn is throwing me off but I am only on chapter 2.
Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

[ Edited ]

Heather, I've read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series and the Lord of the Rings series multiple times.  I've about reached my limit with LOTR though, I tried to pick it up again and I know it too well now.  There are no surprises left.  The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is so intelligently written that I doubt I could ever tire of it though.  It has so many brain-teasers, metaphors, jokes, conundrums and riddles that every time I've read it I've seen something in a new light or I catch some joke I didn't the time before.  I love that series.  <3

The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Heather- I think most of the stuff I have re-read is stuff that no one here would even read. Here are some of my re-reads, even if I just go back and re-read parts of them sometimes inbetween books or when I need comfort in a great book that I know I love. The Truth about Forever  Battle Dress  Perfect Chemistry  J.R. Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood Box Set  Love in the Afternoon (Hathaway Series)  Wicked Pleasure  Harry Potter Paperback Boxed Set (Books 1-7)  

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn

Thanks everyone for letting me know what your re-reads would be.  It is good to know that I am not the only one who is not a fan of re-reading.  However,  would love to be one.  I am thinking of re-reading the Mortal Instruments.  Especially since COFA is coming out soon.  Sandra thanks for telling me why you re-read your picks.  That makes since.  I am sure there are plenty of twist and turns, jokes, suddle love moments I missed.  Kelly you are right I would def re-read TBF.

Kelly-Switched starts off slow but trust me you will LOVE it by the end.  I am excited you decided to read that one first.  I will plan to read Captivate and Entice after TOTD too. 

BC-for my homework I need to interview someone from High School and someone from Middle School.  If you know someone or are willing to participate send me a message.  The snow day ruined my chance and my paper is due tomorrow.  It is only five questions and they really are not that hard to answer.  Thanks in advance!!!

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

What are the Questons?

Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

New User
zoona
0 Kudos

Is Matched A Good Book?

Cause I'm Reading It Right Now, And It's Not Going Anywhere!

I'm Barely On Chpt 8. And The Only Thing That's Happened So Far Is Her Match Banquet,

And Her Grandfathers Death.

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

Zoona - I loved Matched and it does pick up.  You should be done with the slow beginning by now I think.  :smileyhappy:

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/