Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club

Definitely Kelly, Hollywood is officially out of ideas and writers apparently haha.  :smileyhappy:

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Sandra I read that the book was wrote based on the movie screenplay that was written first so this is a case that is the other way around and a lot of reviews hate the book because it doesn't have an ending.... the book ending is going to be released on the internet in 40 days and ppl are pissed bc they bought a book that doesn't have an ending. I still recommend the movie but maybe not the book until it is republished with an ending.

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Wow that is surprising and I would be mad too!
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

BC - I have finished Hex Hall, it was good. I like the ending, very unexped in my opinion. or I didnt predict it which was a first. I have started Demonglass. its starting out good. when do we discuss it?

today is my Birthday (and my brothers, we we're just lucky like that), just spending it with the family. my mom and dad might come by later.

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Nikki - Happy Birthday!:smileyvery-happy:

BC - Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!  Don't you just love those days when you can just sit around all day and do nothing?  That's what I've been doing today...I haven't read anything all day.  Instead, I've been having a Lord of the Rings marathon...it's been awesome!  I'm almost finished with The Return of the King, so I'm gonna go.  Namárië! (Farewell in elvish...lol...I'm a dork, I know)

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Nikki- Happy Birthday, we discuss Demonglass on March 30th.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

Nikki- Happy Birthday to you and your brothers!! =)

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

Abbey--OMG...my husband and I just finished the Return of the King about an hour ago.  We had the same marathon.  I always forget how great these movies are.  

Bc-still on Entice.  I have been really busy.  This was my last week in my first Masters class so I was finishing up a paper for that.  Work has been crazy.  I have been REALLY tired lately.  I hope to finish it soon because I am ready to read Torment. 

Kelly-I am WAY too excited to read CoFA.  Wish it was coming out now!!  Sorry I did not text back.  I fell asleep and did not hear it.  I want to see the movie too.  However, I am not sure how I feel about the book.  The past couple of times I have gone into Walmart I have looked at it and it just does not seem that interesting.  Maybe it will be a read later. 

Okay...so don't forget to move your clocks up guys!!!

The Beatles White On Black Banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Happy Birthday Nikki!
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone! The day was good but surprisingly I didn't see anyone in my family today... huh guess my birthday wasn't as important to them as it was to me... oh well... oh and Zoey that was suppose to be "my brother's" only have 1 brother :smileyhappy:

Thanks Lexa, I was hoping it wasnt the 14 cause I wasnt sure if I'd be finished by then.

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

for those with OCD and read Nightshade and plan to read Wolfsbane, they are changing the cover! and in my opinion the new one is ugly. you can see it here http://naughtybookkitties.blogspot.com/2011/03/re-new-nightshade-covers.html

Kelly I hope you read Nightshade on your nook so you wont have mismatched covers on your shelf!

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Happy birthday Nikki!  Sorry I almost missed it, I've been dealing with a migraine, so I couldn't be online or looking at anything with a light like my NC either.  :smileysad:  Stupid migraines, trying to ruin my life! 

I'm falling way behind on reviews and such too, because I can't finish a book like that.  I only have a slight residual headache now though, so I think I'm better.  I just always worry about them coming back again. 

Anyway, off to try and finish reading something:smileyhappy:

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Oh my goodness Nikki, those new covers are ugly!  I haven't finished Nightshade, but I almost want to buy the next one anyway so I don't get stuck with the ugly new cover.  I hate when they change cover designs while I am somewhere in the middle of a series.  :smileysad:

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Sandra - they arent going to print the old Wolfsbane cover since the books not out yet, which sucks!

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Omigosh.  I really don't like when publishers do that to me...  :smileysad:  Stupid unmatching covers, I curse thee!

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

BC - What the crap!!  I can't believe they're changing the cover for Wolfsbane!  What concerns me more than the fact that the new cover is ugly, is the fact that Wolfsbane now won't match my copy of Nightshade...stupid OCD!  Ahhh!

Heather - Hell yeah...the LoTR movies are my absolute favorite movies of all time!!  I even have the Special Extended Editions of each of the movies, so that makes it even better!

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

WHAT THE SHIT! The new books better be the same size and have the frayed egdes like the first book......Abbey and I are in the same boat Nikki, I think our OCD is about the same when it comes to books matching. Super sad angry face! GGGRRRRRRRRR.............. The covers were so beautifully colored with purples and then greens.....why does every cover have to be BLACK!? If it's not broke don't fix it......sigh I'm done ranting :smileytongue:
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

BC- Oh trust me those covers for the Nightshade series is all anyone is talking about. Originally the plan was to just change the Nightshade cover for its paperback release this summer. However the publishing company said they got such "good" feedback from the new paperback cover that they decided to redesign the Wolfsbane cover. I think they are ugly but the author says she still likes them and that the covers feel more like Calla now because she never wears that much makeup so the original covers were not true to the character. I hate the new covers they are just dumb cheap snap shots. The only way to get the old Wolfsbane cover is on the ARCs of it that were printed with the old cover. Even if you got that though the third book when it does come out wouldn't have a pretty cover so who knows. I'd just like to know who the hell they got good feedback from on those cheap covers.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

djamphir88 wrote:

BC

Man I should have said this earlier "I soooooo should get a Veto vote for me and Jake"!!!!!! All we get to read is girly books!!!!!!!!!! And yes I know that GONE has a male main character, but that book was kind of long and tedious to read!!!!!! I read the second one too HUNGER and it was the same to me!!!!!!! Sorry Sandra I know you wanted to read it, but it was lame to me!!!!! Just FYI

Fallen

Where have you been, We missed yea!!!!!! I hope school isn't kicking your butt!!!!!!!! 

Where is our veto vote???

Yes I'm back, my church says that on sundays we can do what we give up!!!!

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

Just finished reading Across the Universe and I loved it!!Just got the ARC yesterday. Got Tiger's Quest too but I won't be reading that....

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi