Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club

Hey everyone!  Thank goodness it's Friday!  It looks like everyone has been busy...I think we even skipped the Demonglass discussion.  Anyway, I just got Evercrossed (Kissed by an Angel Series #4) from the library today, and am really excited to start it...but it might have to wait til tomorrow, because the 2-hour premiere of Camelot is on Starz tonight and I'm super excited!!  Anyone else interested in this show?  I've been looking forward to it for months!

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

BC

Well guys I didn't read DemonGlass so I won't discuss it!!!!!:smileysad:

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Pictures, Images and Photos
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

BC- I read Demonglass, I'll see what I can remember from it. DEMONGLASS SPOILER**** I enjoyed this one more than the first. I did like the England setting. I thought it was interesting that there were two other demons. I never did think that the Nick was anygood. The girl seemed ok. In the first one I kinda had a hunch that Cal was going to be the other side of the triangle. but I didnt think that he was going to be her betrothed, which I think is a little old school that they have arranged marriages anyways. but I like that they are able to call it off it they want. and of course she wouldnt be able to stay away from Archer. when does the girl ever stay away from the bad boy, even if he appears to want to kill her. I enjoyed getting his back story and finding out that he isnt necessarily a traitor but that he was raised by The Eye. and I think I am rooting for Archer. I guess for me its always the first guy then girl falls for. I love Jenna's character and I hope she is alright. I like how their relationship isnt all happy. I like that they have fights, it makes it more real.  I was a little weird how after never being there, her father just shows up and says "you're coming with me for the summer". he was an interesting character too, I was a little suspicious when he had her help him get the grimoire, but then he really did just want it to find the demon summoning spell with good intentions. and then he went through the removal, trying to keep Sophie from having to. I was surprised with the whole Elodie thing. especially when she showed up at the house. I am glad that she helped her, and didnt hold it against her that they were connected. now onto the evilness, Mrs Casnoff and Lara.... I didnt really see anything wrong with Mrs Casnoff in the first one but I didnt really like Lara. and then to find out the other members of the council were on their side. I wonder how many demons they have raised and still have walking around. It makes me feel sorry for Nick and Daisy.  I think I am rambling... so I'll leave it here. I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!!! that was one of the worst cliffhangers I have read.... I cant wait to see who these Brannick women are. I gave it a 4/5 stars.

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Nikki and BC -  I felt the same way about most of that and I, too, cannot wait for the next one, but that cliffhanger was annoying and has got me mad at cliffhangers in general lately now too haha.  :smileymad:  Anyway, if you want more details and never read my review of it, I posted one on my blog here: http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/2011/03/demonglass-by-rachel-hawkins.html

Zoey and BC -  Sorry for your recent bout of snow!  I luckily haven't had any of it to deal with in Colorado lately and the sunny, warm weather has been great for painting.  My husband and I did a whole room together and then I painted two walls by myself last night while he was at work.  It feels so good to have perfect walls to look at now!  No scuff marks or pin holes or differences in the coloration, it's the awesome-sauce!  :smileyvery-happy:

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

I have started Demonglass but I am only on chapter 6. I have been busy and away @ a 3 day scrapbooking weekend. Love my photos :smileyhappy: I will be done and will be home Sunday afternoon. Hope all is well!
Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Demonglass- Basically I agree with Nikki. It was better than Hex Hall and I hate that we are on a huge cliffhanger for another year basically. Sorry I guess if you wanna hear my whole story with it I have the review for it up on the blog.

BC- Realize I have been a background person lately. I was usually reading what everyone was saying but not commenting. It just felt like this week explorded, I had a lot of hmwk, work was crazy because the morning girl called in sick all week so I had to do her job and my own. Basically it was crazy busy and this next week will probably be crazy as well. I hope everyone is doing well though. :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Kelly -  Nice to hear from you and I'm glad you're doing something fun!  :smileyhappy:

Lexa -  I hope you have enough time to get in some rest and reading during your busy time! 

Nick -  I'm on the 140th page out of 341 pages (NookColor count) in Blood Ninja and I'm really liking it.  I didn't even have any nightmares last night and I read a pretty big chunk of it.  Although it is pretty scary how descriptive the death scenes are.  I wouldn't recommend this book for the faint of heart lol!  How far along are you?  I want to talk about some of it in more detail, but obviously not if you haven't read that much.  Let me know and I hope you're doing well with your classes!  

Everyone else -  How's it going?  What'cha readin'?

Inspired Contributor
sadie_2151
0 Kudos

I started the 1st Mortal Instruments book the other day, I'm just about done.

I'm hoping I'll have the first 3 done before the club begins discussing the 4th, so I can discuss also (=

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Sadie -  That's awesome.  I hope you are able to catch up in time.  I am giving up on that idea for myself though.  I have so many books to read and so little time lately.  I might try and see.  If I'm in a good reading mood, I can read for hours and hours, so there might be hope yet!  :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Sandra

I'm on page 240 out of 341!!!!!!! So I'm beating you hahaha!!!!! Yes!!!!! But anyways I'm trying to keep up with reading but yet school keeps on stopping me, but I'm doing great in my classes though, thanks for asking!!!!!! And I love the murder scenes, and it only gets better!!!!!! BLOOD!!!!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Lexa

Don't work to hard!!!!!!

Kelly 

Glad your doing something fun!!!!!!!

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Nick -  Haha!  I think it's so creepy how descriptive it is though, like people being mid-sentence when their heads get chopped off!  I really like the concept for it though.  ***SPOILERS***  Like how all the ninjas were vampires so that explains their extraordinary strength and such.  I also love how we get to see the story of Lady Oda Hana as well sometimes.   And I also love all the Japanese that has been integrated into the story.  I love learning other languages and sometimes I feel like I can understand more than I should and I think it comes from always being drawn to other languages and always listening to people speak in their own tongue instead of watching dubbed versions and such.  So, any book that incorporates any other language gets brownie points from me!

Inspired Contributor
sadie_2151
0 Kudos

Sandra-Yes! I know how you feel, sometimes all I want to do is read but sometimes I don't want read at all. But the Mortal Instruments have been keeping me interested.

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Sadie -  I got distracted and stopped reading The City of Bones and now I'm going to have to go back a bit, because I don't really know what's going on anymore!  Oops!  I usually don't put a book down long enough for that to happen, but I just got sidetracked and read a few books in the meantime with this one.  Hopefully I don't have to go back too much to figure it out!

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Sandra and Nick- Thanks for hoping that I'm doing well. I have a short 7 week class that is kicking my butt on top of the other classes I have. The work isn't super hard it just takes huge amounts of my time to do it. This week is a rushing through stuff and I just feel that for this whole month I'll be busy nonstop. Oh well at least this weekend I'm going to Cali (hopefully) for a huge book signing. I hope all is well with the both of you.

BC- Still busy busy and I'll probably remain that way for the next few weeks. I'm mostly reading adult books right now for a different blogger so what I'm reading isn't interesting for you guys.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Lexa

I'm doing good too, but still keeping busy!!!!

Sandra

Yeah Brownie Points, I love Brownies!!!!!! I don't know where you are at so I won't say much!!!!! But I love all the new Vocab too!!!!! I keep my Mac nearby to look up words, Hahaha!!!!! And I also love the different POV's too, it makes it more well rounded!!!! I just love the setting and time period!!!!!! It is a really good book I love it, hopefully I will get more time to read!!!!! And then we can read Blood Ninja II. Yea

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Nick -  I'm on page 198 and I love the time period and the setting as well, but I don't think I'll be reading the next one right away.  I want to read some different stuff in between.  Something a bit more lighthearted will be next on my list.  :smileytongue:  Anyway, I just made some cheesecake brownies last night, so woo for brownies!  Lol.  :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
sadie_2151
0 Kudos

Sandra- haha I do that all the time..I have more than one book I've started. I just have so many to read and not enough time!

Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Sandra

Oh I didn't mean like right away, I still have 4 other books that I bought with that book that I still need to read!!!!!! And plus I am a poor college student so even though I want to read it I have to wait!!!!!!

Yummy Cheesecake Brownies ****Glaring Look**** I am soooo jealous. You know what I love Cheesecake Blueberry Muffins!!!!!! OOOOOOOHHHHH so GOOOOOOOOD!!!!! *****Drooling******:smileyvery-happy:  What are you planning to read that is light-hearted!!!!

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Nick -  I just finished Blood Ninja last night and the ending made me actually exclaim out loud!  I am eager to find out what happens, but I am still sticking to my plan to read some other stuff first.  After Blood Ninja I resumed an awesome fantasy called, Wild Magic and it involves a girl who can communicate with animals, so that's pretty cool.  I'm about halfway done with it and I don't know what I'll start next, but I have like 50 TBR books...  oops!  I love cheesecake anything haha, for Thanksgiving one of my relatives made tiny cheesecake pumpkin muffins and they were SO good!  I tried making them once after that myself and I didn't get the cream cheese sweet enough, because it was a bit tart!  They were still good though and next time, they'll probably be perfect since I learned from my one mistake. 

Wild Magic (The Immortals Series #1)

Sadie -  Me too!  Ever since I got my NookColor I've been in the middle of like 5-10 books at any given time.  If it gets boring, I just switch to something else, or if I really want to read something for some reason, I will!  It's nice to be free to read anything at anytime, but there are a few that I stopped and I'm having a hard time picking them back up, because I forgot what was going on!   Lol.  Hopefully just a few pages of backtrack will clue me in haha.  :smileyhappy:

Lexa -  I did want to know the order of the Tortall books and I wrote you comments on my blog, your blog and now right here, so hopefully you'll see one of them soon and let me know!  It's a little too late to change my order now, but I would love to read the rest in order at least!  Lol.  :smileyhappy:

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Sandra- As you know I replied back to you on your blog about the Tamora Pierce books. They all are great so I hope you do have the time to read the other ones in the series.

BC- Well I'm going to Cali this weekend for sure to get lots (seriously like 25 books) signed.

Pages of Forbidden Love