Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club

Kelly/Abby- I read that scene a couple times too! and I have seen her blog, its so hilairious, I loved reading her twitter the week all that started. I hate that it will be 13 months for the next one! atleast we have CP coming in what 5 months? SPOILER (kelly dont know how far you are yet) I feel so bad for Alec/Magnus, they were doing so great traveling the world together! Clare kept making it seem like Simon's relationships would be in chaos for the whole sereis, but it almost seems like it all worked out. Maia seems to be falling for Jordan again and it seems like Izzy is falling for Simon even though she never wanted to love.

Nick- I agree, I wish there was more action scens too, but I enjoied all the making out!!! which I'm sure you didnt! :smileytongue:

Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

BC

Okay is it just me or was I the only one that didn't read the scene like ten times!!!!!! ****Rolling my eyes*****

Kelly breath we don't want you to pass out from the teenage inappropriateness (aka bonkingness) .:smileyvery-happy: 

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Contributor
sadie_2151
0 Kudos

Abby- I saw online that Jace is going to be played by Alex Pettyfer, the guy who was in I am Number Four but idk if that's true, I think he'd make a pretty good Jace, but Clary is being played by Lily Collins..She is not at all how I pictured Clary, she doesn't even have red hair!

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Sadie- No one has been cast for Jace, and they can always dye Lily Collins hair. most actresses probably cant even remember their real hair color. and since everyone has a diffrent mental picture of the characters no one can fit everybody's "perfect picture"

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Sadie & Nikki - As good-looking as Alex Pettyfer is, I think I would like to see some unknown, recently discovered actor play Jace...Alex Pettyfer has been in too many book adaptations lately, I'm ready for a new face.

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Abby - agreed!

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

BC- Well all of you are talking about City of Fallen Angels and I'm so behind on that series so I can't really chat with all of you about it. It sounds like you are all enjoying it though, trying not to read too many spoilers! Anyways I read two good books these past two days (both wont release until May and June) but they are The Ghost and the Goth, Book 2 and The Day Before  Loved The Day Before if any of you like contemporaries that just steal your heart and really have a true life message in them then this book is amazing and the right one for you. Most of you are all sucked into the paranormal world though so not sure if any of you would like this one. The Ghost and the Goth book two is called Queen of the Dead and mixes contemporary and paranormal, i know right how is that even possible! It is a good series though if you are looking for a quick read with great characters, I recommend it. Well I hope everyone is having a good week so far.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

BC -  Well, I don't have much to say either since I'm still reading City of Bones, but I am happy everyone seems to be enjoying the new book so much!  As for me, I'm reading my first ARC and it's pretty awesome to be enjoying the perks of blogging.  The book is Angel Burn and it's really good.  I read the first 257 pages already and now I am just going to do a few other things before reading some more!  Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and I'll ttyl.  :smileyhappy:

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Nick I started to crack up as soon as I read your last post about passing out....too funny! I am loving this book.

Abbey/Nikki I am very sad we have to wait that long for the next book too. "Good things come to those who wait".....blah bull crap! Although I am eagerly waiting CP too in a few months. Did they release the cover on that one yet?

Kristin Stewart didn't have brown eyes like Bella in Twilight or the thick long hair after she whacked it off. I think a new Hollywood face for Jace would be ideal. He better be good with a sense of mystery, that is one of Jaces biggest things about him. No matter how much you think you understand and know him in the book, you never quite get it.

Nick you have to read Clockwork Angel and get into that series with us too. You will be left behind....lol Lot of action in that first book of the series. And you will love Tessa's power....way cool!

This will sound crazy but I have a huge wish list and my dad sent me an egift card by email for $50 and I haven't spent it yet bc I am not sure what I want right now. Nothing is jumping out at me that I want to read. I am in a rut after CofFA......nothing compares.......boo sad face!!!!!

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Kelly - I think they are releasing the cover in May. and i have the same problem, I have about $60 that I dont know what to spend on. I havent even started reading the other book I put down to read CoFA.

Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Kelly

I read Clockwork Angel with yall already!!!!! Don't you member I cant wait till CP!!!!! But I think COFA could have been better with more action throughout the book!!!! But it's still a great book I think!!!!!!

Nikki/Kelly

Yall should read Hold Me Closer Necromancer!!!!!!! Don't forget to read that one!!!!! And didn't Red Glove come out already by Holly Black!!!!!!   Oh and Kelly did you read Chronicles of Nick!!!

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Nick- Yes Red Glove is out it came out about a week ago.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Nikki & Kelly - I agree with Nick...you definitely need to read Hold Me Closer, Necromancer!  I know it seems like nothing can fill the void left by the absence of CoFA, but there is hope!!  Hold Me Closer, Necromancer can be the first step in moving on. lol

Nick - Since I enjoyed Hold Me Closer, Necromancer so much, based on your recommendation, I decided I would try another series that you recommended.  It was a long time ago that you mentioned this series, and it has been sitting on my bookshelf for a while, but I finally picked up the Strange Angels series.  I'm enjoying it so far...I just started Betrayals (Strange Angels Series #2) today.  Keep up the recommendations!

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Nick I'm soory I thought you said before you missed everything when we were talking about characters showing up from CA. I thought you meant you didn't read it....awesome then. I still have CofNick on my shelf and I have to finish up Demonglass and I will buy HmeCN but nothing is calling out to me...read me read me. All the books just scream "we're not worthy, we're not worthy" ....haha that quote is just funny right there. I crack myself up.
Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Kelly-  LOL!! that is exactly how I feel! and I have to finish immortals bk 5 before I start anything else and I know it cant compare to CoFA so I am reluctant to get back to it. Demonglass has a Clare quality cliffhanger at the end so you might enjoy finishing that after CoFA.

Nick- HmeCN is in my nook just waiting, and so is the Stange Angels series. so Abby, you have to let me know how that one is holding up after CoFA.

Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Abby

I'm sure you like Strange Angel, but just in FYI, I wish it had more action!!!!!!! Still looking for that book that says BLOOD!!!!!! And Chainsaws!!!!!

COFA Peeps & KELLY

*****Rolling eyes****** I think COFA could have been better!!!!!!! 

############COFA Spoiler###########

Like I said before I think it could have been better...........is it just me or when I was reading it, it seemed obvious!!!!! I mean with the whole Lilith thing, as soon as Clary saw her at the band performance I knew it was her!!!!!! Know I'm  think that since Cassandra went so high on the food chain there, what are her other books going to have!!!!!!! And great of course Sebastian is back!!!!!! No offense guy it is a really good book but maybe it was just me (whimpering "don't hit me")

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

BC -  My dogs wanted to say hi!  Here's Chanceux hiding in a couch...

dogs,animals,funny

And then here is Miss Tsukiko being a silly-face!

Photobucket
Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Sandra - Cute dogs!

Nick - I'm starting to crave more action from these books.  The first book wasn't fantastic, but I just figured the author was setting things up for the next book.  But, I'm halfway through Betrayals and there still isn't anything really exciting happening...and, I'm kinda confused.  I'm not totally bored or anything, cuz this is definitely a different kind of vampire/werewolf story, but there just isn't anything going on right now.  Hopefully things will get better, action-wise.

Nikki - Compared to CoFA, Strange Angels is pretty weak...but, it's still a decent story.  Could use more action, like Nick said.

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

BC- today we are supposed to be disscussing Awakened, which I read but dont really remember much of it. but I looked and I gave it 4/5 stars.

Sandra - cute pups!

Hayden had his 6 month checkup today (6 months already!) he is 13 lbs 4 1/2 ounces and 24 1/2 inches long. he is still a little small for 6 months but he is catching up to where he should be! and he got 3 shots, :smileysad: really wanted to hit the nurse.....

Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Sandra 

I love your dogs!!!!!!!

Abby

I know right.....its different and I like it........plus on the DL the cover girl is H-O-T-T HOTT!!!!

BC

On Awakened!!!!!!!!!! SPOILER

WTF now Zoey boy problems are going to get worse!!!!!!!! Now that What-his-face is coming back!!!!!!!