Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club

Lexa I don't really think they got good feedback at all. They are second rate from the pretty covers that were on the books. I feel let down as a reader that they release a cover and then change it, I have never hear of such a thing unless they are for paperback or a reprint from a movie cover.....blah! I hate it!

SPOILER****** Unraveled

Not that far into Unraveled yet but it seems to pick up right after Intertwined. I'm hoping that this book has more mistery and something new in it. I get that Aden needs to find the souls history  and release them but I don't want to read a series that is going on that journey over and over until the last soul is released. I like the action but the story is lacking to me...sorry Nick. Although I am curious about Victoria's fathers hand moving and he is suppost to be dead.... :0

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Today is the Discussion of Firelight for anyone who has read it!

Firelight- SPOILERS************* I thought this book was somewhere between ok-good range. The idea of dragons isn't done very often in YA books so it was nice to see something new for a change. I really liked the different types of dragons and learning a little about that history of the dragon camp where they all live. However Jacinda got on my nerves a lot because she is always complaining about the heat or her back and forth decision to date Will or not to date Will, it gets annoying. I think she was 15-16 in the book (sorry read it several months ago can't remember exactly) but she acts like a 5 year old for part of the book. I just felt the middle of the book sagged a little and it wasn't until the end that things were picking up again only to leave us on a cliffhanger. I do plan on reading the second book to see if Jacinda can grow up a little, plus she is going back with the dragons so I want to see more of that aspect. I gave this one 3.5/5 stars.

Kelly- Yeah normally they don't go around changing the covers too often so I"m kinda shocked they did. I just don't like these covers but I think everyone agrees with that. Thanks for entering my giveaway :smileyhappy:

BC- So I got a lot of reading done this weekend. I finished Demonglass, started and finished The Ghost and the Goth, and I got about 75 pages into The Body Finder. I'm on spring break this week so I hope to get some more reading done but I do have a ten page paper to write, dumb teachers not realizing we don't want to write papers over the break.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

I just can't believe that they changed the covers to Nightshade. Those covers were so unique, gorgous and beautiful!!! It really was one of my favorite covers!! I get that maybe the girl on the cover was wearing to much makeup for Callla's charcter, but still!! I think they could have just edited the covers or something or used the same idea, but just have less makeup!!! *sigh* I guess we should just pay attention to the writing(which I haven't read yet) but a pretty cover always makes it that much better!!

Firelight SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!! I also thought this book was okayish. I liked the idea of the dragons because like Lexa said there aren't very many dragon books in the YA genre. The whole idea of the community was good and I wanted to hear more about it and the types of dragons. Again like Lexa said there was way way way to much complaining from Jacinda for my liking. She should have just made her mind up!! In some suituations I would understand, but not hers. I am excited for the second book thought just because Firelight ended with a cliffhanger and I want to see how things turn out in the end. I would give it probably a rating of about 7/10.

Does anyone know how many books are supposed come after Firelight??

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Firelight SPOILERS - Well, I pretty much agree with everything that Lexa and Zoey already said.  Firelight was just okay for me. I like the whole dragon thing...finally something new in a world full of vamps, werewolves, and fairies, even though I do love all that other stuff.  Jacinda's constant complaining and indecisiveness really got on my nerves after a while.  However, the end did finally pick up, and I am definitely going to read the next book and hope that things get better.  I believe I gave it 3/5.

Zoey - I'm not sure how many books are supposed to be in the Firelight series.  All I know is that the next book is Vanish, and it comes out in September 2011.

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

FIRELIGHT SPOILER*****

I also agree, other than the complaining I liked the story line and plot. hopefully Jacinda wont complain so much in the next one. I was suprised about Will having dragon blood. I was wonding about when Xander saw the t-shirt with blood but jsut figured he really did think Will went hunting by himself. I will also be reading the next book. I want to find out what happens next. I believe I gave it 3/5 too.

Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Firelight +Spoiler+ I know that im a day late, but I kinda disagree with yall.(winces)  I love the book. I did get a little annoyed with Jacinda complaining, but it wasn't as bad as most of the books out there. Firelight was my first dragon book and I definitely want to read more dragon books. I read it in less than two days. I just couldn't put it down! I can't wait until the next book.

Nick- Ive been at school doing a shit load of  homework. grrr but Im catching up now! Plus spring break is coming up soon! 

Hypnotically Entranced
http://hypnoticallyentranced.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Didn't read Firelight.....waiting to see how the next book is! Lexa after today remember to start a new thread and post our updated sched...yeah I'm so excited about our reading list, sorry boyz!
Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

NEW THREAD TIME!!

Please everyone move on over to the new thread for all comments. Thank you :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Contributor
beclac
0 Kudos

I feel like I haven't been on here forever, and it has only been a month. Track has caused me not to frequently visit my NOOK as I am usually used too ! But, Spring Break is this week and so far I have already read Midnight, The City of Fallen Angels, and Misguided Angels, and next I am thinking of visiting Shades of Gray, seems pretty interesting and sad. Hope everyone enjoys their Spring Break and Easter!

-Elisabeth :smileyhappy: