Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club

Crap...I forgot we were discussing a book today!  Thanks for the reminder, Nikki!  I did read Awakened, but I wasn't all that impressed with it...I was kinda disappointed, actually.  I really enjoyed Burned, but Awakened was kinda...blah.  I gave it 3/5 stars.  I'm kinda looking forward to the end of this series...if it weren't for my OCD, I think I would've stopped reading it a while ago.

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Awakened****** I thought Zoey seemed a little more mature in this book. When Heath comes back she isn't suppost to know its him....but they always said they would know each other anywhere. Not looking forward to Neferet and the white bull on more of a killing spree. Remember the end she kills Zoeys mom. Hopefully Heath will put a stop to that crazy witch! Abbey if it weren't for my ocd too I would have dropped this series. It just seems so drug out, I want an ending already....which is a big difference from series like MI that I never want to end. City of Fallen Angels********spoiler finished up today.....all I have to say is why the hell is Sebastian back and why does poor Jace always a part of Clares evil plot. I'm actually tired of Jace being the ginea pig. I love Simon when he thinks back to when him and Clary were young and seeing how mich he loves her, such an awesome character. Does anyone else think Will from Clockwork is immortal from something Magnus did? And will are characters have that same advantage in the end of book 6? I think or hope for Clary and Jocelyn that Clare makes Sebastian a good guy being that he didn't have an option about how he was made with demon blood. Next book I am looking forward to is Illusions....Spells had a cliffhanger!!!
Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

BC -  Well, I'm glad everyone liked my dogs, because that's all I have to contribute for awhile since I am not caught up for this book discussion.  I hope it was good and everyone enjoyed it though and I also hope everyone is doing well and having a great week!  Oh and I wanted to ask, what are you reading now everyone?  :smileyhappy:

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Sandra I am going back to finish up Demonglass (HexHall2), I didn't get to finish it since my City of Fallen Angels came in the mail. After that I plan to move into Chronicles of Nick #2. I have been following your blog and you are doing great, hope the ARCs are going to pay off for you :smileyhappy: Your babies(dogs) are too cute I love what you do with them on the blog!

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Nikki- Glad Hayden is doing better, sorry about all of the shots!

Sandra- Cute dogs, I really need to get back over to your blog to comment on your reviews. Thanks for always commenting on my blog. I've just been so busy with hmwk that I haven't read as many of the blogs that I follow as of late.

BC- I'm reading yet another adult romance that you all would have no interest in lol. My aunt is staying at my house for the next two weeks before she goes on to Nevada for the other part of her vacation. So between school, work and my aunt being in town I'm busy busy busy. I hope everyone is doing well.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Sandra

I'm reading Unnatural and so far it's good I love how the writer writes!!!!! But my friend was the one who recommended it sooo I was prepared and knew the main character is gay!!!!!  But the author did his homework, I did a paper for psychology on the gay community and I think the author really knows what he is talking about!!!!!! I just dont know how the Vampires fit in yet but I'm only around Chapter 10 though!!!!! I needed a change of pace so, then I am going back to Blood Ninja!!!! Thats what I'm reading!!!!

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Sandra I remember you telling me you did some free trial offers on magazines for your nc, you said you had some issues, what were they? And the monthly issue charge is that charged every month or one lump some that would average out to be that monthly subscription charge if they divided it out. Cause I don't mind being charged $1.50 or so per month but I don't want to buy a couple mags to find out I was charged $50 buck in one lump some instead of monthly.
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Kelly -   Thanks about my dogs and my blog!  :smileyhappy:  As for the magazines...  I was having issues with them not being downloaded to my NC for days and days after when they were supposed to and then I had problems with customer service too, so I cancelled all my magazines for awhile to try and let them sort things out and figure out their problems, but I've started 3 back up again and they seem to be delivered on time now, so I am not upset and I wouldn't worry about trying some out if you're interested. 

Lexa -  You're welcome and thank you too!  It's fun sharing comments on our blogs since I feel like I kinda know you, as opposed to a lot of my newer blogging friends.  :smileyhappy: 

Nick -  I am a big supporter of LGBT rights, so I am always interested in a book with someone of that background.  Of course it has to be a good book in general too though lol!  Let me know how that one is and let me know when you finish Blood Ninja!  The ending surprised me.  :smileyhappy: 

Everyone else -  Thanks for mentioning the cuteness of my dogs!  They like to pose for pictures, so I get lots of great ones lol.  Tsukiko isn't as good about it, but she's learning.  And also, thanks for taking the time to chat even though I am not reading the books you are right now and I look forward to joining in on the next one!  Ttyl. 

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

djamphir88 wrote:

Jake

Hey like your new Icon picture, is it a lama or an alpaca, can never till the difference does one spit or is it both!!!!!!! Ahhh who cares!!!!!

I think its a llama..... I hope it is because it is my favoritestest animal!!

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

WOW!! You guys have been B-U-S-Y! I think I am getting a headache from reading 3,000 and a half posts!

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

HungerGamesPerson wrote:

WOW!! You guys have been B-U-S-Y! I think I am getting a headache from reading 3,000 and a half posts!

I agree wowzers! I haven't been on in what seems like forever! And I miss you guys! (Just thought I'd mention that!) It sounds like all of you have been doing pretty good lately and reading a lot of books! I still need to read the City of Fallen Angels! It sounds so good and I'm so sure it will be amazing so I kinda want to save it for later but then I kinda of want to just grab it off my shelf and devour it! Hmm we'll see =) I just finished reading Wake Unto Me and I was surprised to find I really liked it! It is about a borading school and I know sometimes that is a little bit overdone, but it's in France!! Bon Jour! Haha But it's really great because it has a history aspect that isn't too overdone, a romance aspect, a ghost/mystery aspect dealio =) and some other great stuff! So needless to say I would reccomend it. My only complaint really is that it had kind of a slow start but once I got past page 50 I didn't put it down until I finished it!

So now I am currently reading Twelfth Grade Kills (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Series #5)  which is a series I started reading last year maybe? And this is the final book so yea! It started out okay but now it's like a lot better! And I'm already on page 100ish? So how are you all doing? And I hope you all have a spectacular week and a great easter if I don't get a chance to post before then! =)

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

HungerGames -  Nice to see you again!

ZoeyRedbird -  Nice to see you again as well!  How is that series you're reading?  I've had the first one on my wishlist for a long time and I wonder if it's good enough to give it a try? 

BC -  *yawns*  That's all I have to say lol.

Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Jake

It's nice to hear from you, it's been awhile

Zoey

Glad to hear from you too, and you have a Great Easter too!!!!!!!

BC

So I still haven't finished Unnatural yet (with finals coming up and all) but it's really really good!!!!! So I recommend it!!!!! Like I said before the main character is Gay, but it's all good. The Authors subtle change in POV's is great sometimes, but I got lost  from person to person at the start of things but then you get used to it!!!!! It has that overdone thing of Boarding school, but it has a New New twist to the Vampire Aspect of things.....Just in FYI, I have never read a book with this kind of Vampire spinoff!!!!!! Great Imagery, Detail and it's very well written, Oh and all the characters are so will defined, they are like stuck in my head!!!!!!!

So If yall want to read another one of NICK'S GREAT BOOKS.....here it is.......

Unnatural

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Pictures, Images and Photos
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Nick- that one looks good. quit reccomending books!!! my list is already too long!

Lexa is it time for a new thread?

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Zoey- I'm glad you liked Wake Unto Me, that one is on my wish list so I'm glad to hear it is good.

Nikki- Yeah I was thinking about a new thread so.........

NEW THREAD EVERYONE!!

please post all further discussions on the new thread, please and thank you :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/