Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club [The

Oh you finished it. That's great! I would love to talk about it with you after I'm done that will be tonight haha hopefully xD

Heather_Lynn wrote:

Holy Crap Lexi!!!  I just finished The Body Finder....I am sweating from my blood pressure going up so much.  This book is great!!  Let me know what you thought!!

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

Sounds great!!  I am not saying anything until you finish it!!  I do not know you very well, however, after obversing some DQ on here...Chelsea kinda reminds me of you...being honest and upfront that is!!

The Beatles White On Black Banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Awwee =D Your so nice! =)

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

We should have started the two book thing this month, I wish we had something to discuss tomorrow :smileysad:  Oh well I will be looking forward to the Beastly discussion! I am over half way done, so excited to finish.

I got Hex Hall in the mail today, looking forward to that one, then after that I think I will start my mortal instruments series even though City of Fallen Angels is not out yet. At least until my Vampire Academy #5 is shipped to me.

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

is vampire academy good?  and hello is that angelina jolie on the cover of the first one?  haha!  i can't wait to start hex hall.  it looks so good.  i need help guys...i am in a stuper.  i have not been able to read. i just haven't had the patience or the excitement.  i am having a hard time at school because there was an attack on one of the students right by two of my classes so i am kind of scared.  i know i am safe but still i don't like thinking that one student could do a hate crime aganist another student who was different.  anybody have any suggestions to get me out of this rut?

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

Kelly I am glad you mentioned the Immortal Instrument Series because I have debating what book I would start next (in between our book club readings).  Since you are going to start that one I think I will too.  That way we, and who ever else is or has read it, can discuss it.

LEXI!!!!  Have you finished yet??  I hate you are in schoo...well not really!!  You need to be in school!!  I just mean that you are busy when I am up here and vice versa!!  Don't forget to let me know what you thought of the book!!!

Korts......

Maybe you should look into seeing a grief counselor or someone of that nature.  Especially if you have no one to really talk to about how you are feeling.  We can talk with you up here but sometimes it is better to have a face to face with someone.  Reading would help calm your nerves, however, I would not read anything that could make it worse for you.  You could read Twilight...hahaha just kidding (That one was for you Lexi because i know how much you adore that series :smileywink:).  But on a more serious note...you should really try talking to someone there.  Hate crimes are horrible and it shows just how ignorant people can be.  Try reading some inspirational things.  You have already read Beastly and Hex Hall doesn't have to be read until May 30th.  So, trying to find something more uplifting to read or listen too, or even finding someone to talk to should help.  Your nerves are just rattled right now.  In a week or so things will slowly start to calm down and you will start to feel better.  BUT DO NOT KEEP HOW YOU FEEL BOTTLED UP!!  Seriously!!  You know you can send us all messages up here if you need to talk or post here in the club.  We are here for you.

To be honest....I feel like you, me, Lexi Vamp aka Chelsea (hahaha that's who you are now...until I find someone else who reminds me of you), and Kelly are like a little online family anyways!!  So, feel free to talk if it will help!!  We are here for you!!

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

thanks i have a therapist that i am going to on monday and i have my family and talking to them helps.  i don't have to go back to campus til tuesday so a little break is going to be nice.

QUESTION...has anybody read ink exchange?  the second to wicked lovely?  also i am going to the supernatural tour on my birthday but i am afraid to say i don't know much about the authors. anyone got anything to help me find out more about them or things like that?

ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

I have read Ink Exchange. It's more about Aislin's friend than her. I still liked it. It's really good, but I didn't like the ending.

Also you could go to the author's site and check out their bios and the frequently asked questions. That may give you more about the authors.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Heather- I am almost done! I have about 3 chapters left so I'll go read them right now I promise haha =P

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

Korts I agree with ALN...visiting the authors websites will let you get an idea of who they are, what books they have written, and so on.  I am mainly going to meet Kimberly Derting.  She wrote The Body Finder...which is an awesome first novel for her.  I would wait though until the scare at your school subsides before reading it!!

Speaking of...Chelsea have you finished????  LOL!!!  :smileywink:

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Beastly.....DONE!  It was a good book. I would give it a 4 out of 5 over all.

I am going to start Mortal Instruments before Hex Hall. Just so I don't get to far ahead of myself. Although the fourth book "City of Fallen Angels" doesn't come out until March 2011 :smileysad:

Last book for Vampire Academy comes out December 10, 2010 "The Last Sacrifice" SWEET!!

Korts I am so sorry to hear about the trouble going on at your school. Its terrible you can not focuse to read bc of it. Your mind is probably in a million places right now, not to mention you read different books at the same time..haha, sorry trying to cheer you up :smileyhappy:

Heather thanks for the compliments about my family, I think we may go back to OBX this summer. Such a small world we live in?

Lex, you get through your books so fast. You must have alot of study halls in school and have no extras after school...lol! Wish I did not have to work full time, today was the perfect day to sit outside in 80 degree weather in PA and do nothing but READ....oh what a dream that would be to fulfill.

Beastly had it made in some ways.....could read all day with nothing else to do, I don't see what is so wrong with that. Plus someone to serve me instead of me serving them and cleaning ....what heaven!  Heather - wait until you read this book, with kids you will know exactly what I am talking about.

Happy Reading all

Korts please let us know if you need anyone to talk too, like Heather said we are here to lend an ear if nothing else.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

thanks guys yeah my head is crazy right now.  so i got my aunt to read the same books we are reading in the club.  well sort of i talked her into reading beastly, hush, hush, fablehaven and witch and wizard.  so not so much what we are reading but i told her i would read the books first and then let her read them.  so now shes kind of part of the club but not really which is fine with me!  i still trying to get through ink exchange and reading it is making me want to get a tattoo but my family would kill me haha

ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

When I read Ink Exchange it made me want to get a tatto more. I have been wanting one for a while now, but I don't have the money right now. I also am not sure exactly what I want to get.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i know exactly what i want to get and where and it has meaning to me.  reading this book is not helping this urge haha

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

lol Yeah I do have  a lot of time on my hands and study hall gives me a little more so that's great haha I wish I had 80 dergee weather =( lol I live in MA and it was like 55 degrees  yesterday xD 

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

Kelly-I started Beastly but should move through it pretty fast and then I will start the Immortal Instruments.  You will probably get through it faster than me but I will try to catch up before Hex Hall....although I am not sure I can read all three before Hex Hall!! Slow reader...but getting better!!  The OBX is a beautiful place and I miss not being able to go to the beach whenever I want.  Our family is still there though so when we go to visit for holidays we will be able to satisfy our OBX longing for at least a short while!! :smileyvery-happy:

Korts-I cannot get my mom to read with me.  She doesn't really like YA books.  Which is crazy because many of them are so much better than the ones she reads!! HAHAHAHA!!  Maybe you should just try reading one book at a time.  That may help you concentrate on reading, at least until all this blows over!!

ALN and Korts…I have several pieces of art and they can become very addictive.  You should think about what you truly want and what it means to you.  You will be looking at it for the rest of your life.  I have a total of 6 and each mean something to me.  The first one I got my dad took me for my 18th b-day.  The last one I got was few weeks ago.  Also, research your artist...you do not want to get stuck with a horrible tat for the rest of your life!!  Its a great experience and if you truly want one...I say go for it (but for the right reasons).

Lexi-how’s The Body Finder going??  Was your heart racing as much as mine was in those last few moments??

The weather here Louisiana is 80 and above...however...it is EXTREMELY humid here...not really fun to be out in!

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Heather_Lynn wrote:

Korts I agree with ALN...visiting the authors websites will let you get an idea of who they are, what books they have written, and so on.  I am mainly going to meet Kimberly Derting.  She wrote The Body Finder...which is an awesome first novel for her.  I would wait though until the scare at your school subsides before reading it!!

Speaking of...Chelsea have you finished????  LOL!!!  :smileywink:

I FINISHED IT!!!!! OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG! AMAZING!!!!! I can't believe it!!! I can not believe it!!! *tries to calm down, but fails* I LOVED IT!!!! ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS! I was just so shocked at chapter 28 omg it just wow wow wow wow! I can not believe that happened and I am so happy for Voilet. Gosh just perfect! Just by reading the story my heart was beating million times a second and I was just so scared for them and wow wow wow! SPOILER*** I just can't believe it! haha I really thought at the end on chapter 28 that Jay was dead and that is why she was crying, but nope!!! He is fine and great and amazing. They really should name him the best boyfriend of the year lmfao! Chelsea is defiantly my favorite person in the book haha I just love the way she talks haha she makes me laugh every time she said something xD.

I am just really glad that everyone is okay now haha I was just so worried xD This really was a fantastic book =D

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

****SPOILERS FOR THE BODY FINDER*****

I agree this book has became my fav one now.  When she started to taste to daffodils I started freaking out.  I could feel my heart breaking.  I thought I was going to scream and jump up and down when Jay walked in the room.  He really is the best boyfriend!!  I can see them getting married...I mean seriously who could ever top Jay!!!  When she bumped into the police officer I thought...ITS HIM ITS HIM!!!!  But then she found the killer and I totally forgot about him.  Even when he was talking military talk and camoed up.  I could not believe it.  I thought Jay was the killer too and that for some reason, to be explained later in the book, she could not sense imprints on him.  I was SOOOOO glad it wasn't.   I love Jay and Violet...Chelsea is hilarious...especially at the prom when she was making flirtatious remarks to Jules.  HILARIOUS!!  Poor Clair...I feel like her sometimes...totally lost!! HAHAHAHA!!  I felt a little lonely and sad once I finished the book.  I wanted to read more about everyone.   For this to be Kimberly Derting's first novel...AWESOME!!!! 

She has another book coming out in 2011 called Desires of the Dead.  It would be great if it continued with Jay and Vi...chances are it won't though.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Yeah I felt the same way after I finished the book. I just love reading about Jay and Vi. They are just sooooooo perfect!!! I felt bad for Claire too haha but she makes me laugh sometimes and Jules at the dance was like wow! haha Her date must have liked that haha I hate hate hate Lessie she is so mean to Violet, but I love that part when Jay comes to pick her up and kisses her infront on Lessie haha funny! But I love Jay and Vi relationship I mean they act like they love each other and then sometimes they act like they are still in 4th grade haha running around and punching each other xD Oh and the killer I thought the same thing when she slammed into him when she was running after the other guy's echo. I do feel bad thow for all those other girls that died I really wish some how they could have saved them before anything bad really happened. Oh well haha xD I can't wait for her next book! I am so going to buy it=P I wonder what it will be about. It does sound really cool xD

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Wow I will have to get Body Finder Sooner than later!  Sounds really good. Thanks for the heads up on the spoilers guys.

Heather funny you should say that about being a fast reader, My husband just asked me this morning when I started Mortal Instruments "what happened to the book you just started" he was talking about Beastly.....I looked at him, held up Beastly and said this one? I'm done with it, it was only 300 pages. He just shook his head....lmao.Then as I am writing this I was looking for my book and I know it was in the kitchen, yah he hid the book for me...hahha jokes on me. He says I read too much and too many too fast.....blah blah blah!

How awesome for B&N members no minimum order shipping its always free no matter what you buy.

I wish I had someone in person to read the same books as me, I love you guys but someone in person reading would be nice too.  I am the only one in my family besides my 7 yr old that loves to read, my hubby tried with me once and hated it. No wonder he read Angels & Demons by Dan Brown....woohoo! I need love, action, suspence, make believe and drama - everything I find in YA books.