Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
AliceApple
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club

Sorry I had to log off last night early. To me Beastly is cute story to read to cheer you up. I loved Beauty and the Beast when I was little. However I didn't know that is was remake of the Beauty and the Beast til the end of the story.

I don't think the movie would be good as the book.

Have anyone read A Kiss in Time by Alex F? Is an remake of Sleeping Beauty.

Frequent Contributor
WriterMom
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club [The

JdiennoPSU wrote:

Sorry I missed the chat today :-( As of 10PM EDT today I am a college grad!  Def worth missing the beastly talk (which I might add was not my favorite book ever but I still enjoyed it and would give it a 3.5/5)

JJ congrats on graduating college and i agree it was way more important then discussing a book. So again congrats and good luck with ur future.

Happy Reading

The Boondock Saints Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
WriterMom
0 Kudos

Korts, I saw on ur page that you read Graceling. Have you read Fire? It's not a sequel but it's based on Graceing. and just out of curiosity if i'm not being rude. How old are you?

The Boondock Saints Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Heather you do not have to be sorry for anything, I am just so excited to talk to you about what is going on in the book. I really like this series! C Clare is a really great writer. It sounds like you have a plan with the HON series, just let me know when bc I don't want to be really far behind you. You are my "Reading Buddy". Let me know as soon as you are done with the COB, I want to know what you think.

Whitney I added the Divine to my wish list. They look good. I found you on facebook...how cool. Heather and I are friends on facebook too. When are you starting Hax Hall? I don't think I am starting it until I am done with COG which I should start tonight or tomorrow night, after I get home from working 8 hours...yeah.

Korts let me know how the new book goes. I thought the discussion went well yesterday, even though there was not much too discuss. I probably would not read the other book someone recommend earlier by Flynn (another disney remake), I have too many really good books on my list to read rather than another one like Beastly, it wasn't bad *just a waist of my two days of reading* I geuss it was like when they remake a movie with more current actors but the movie is still the same, kind of boring. Like the new Robin Hood with R Crowe, what was wrong with the 1990s version with K Costner and Christian Slater? Same movie just different actions.

I like books with more action and adventure. Fighting, blood, love and pain, confict, twists and turns to make you want to read more bc you have to know ect......

Examples:

The Hunger Games

Twilight

Mortal Instruments

Pretty Little Lairs

Vampire Academy

The Body Finder (so I have heard)

Oh and major charator building is a MUST.......

Lex did you really like Beastly that much? No way you even considered putting that on the top 20 list  :smileysad:

Okay back to finishing COA........bye

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

JdiennoPSU wrote:

Sorry I missed the chat today :-( As of 10PM EDT today I am a college grad!  Def worth missing the beastly talk (which I might add was not my favorite book ever but I still enjoyed it and would give it a 3.5/5)

How exciting for you!!!  congrats!  what are your plans now that you have graduated?  also what was your major i think i asked before but sorry i don't remember.  i only have a couple semesters left (hopefully) til I get to graduate!!!

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

I agree I thought the book was just a good pick me up book.  maybe to read while you wait to go buy the next book in the series.  i really did like it but really i like things with more drama!  I am not so much into the love stories.

Writermom-i am 21 and will be 22 in june.  no problem asking you don't have to be sorry for asking.  i am a very open person most the time.  

as for Graceling no i have not read Fire and do not plan on it.  honestly i did not really like Graceling, but i think part of it is because i listened to it on cd and the narrator's voice didn't really help me spark an interest.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

I got hex hall =D!!! Can't wait to start reading it!!! Oh well yeah I did like Beastly but not so much that it would be in my top 20 haha for me my top 20 are 5/5 xD The books gotta be the best xD So what books are we reading after Hex Hall and are we starting a new Online Book Club thread again? Cause we did that after we finished hush, hush and I was wondering if we will do that again???

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Lex I think Korts started a new thread bc that girls that started the other one, left and never came back. I think we may lose some people they may not think its us and the books we've picked already.

Working on finishing up COA tonight, can not wait to find out some answers.

Congrats to our grats, thats so awesome hope you find a job in your field of study.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

Lexie do you think we should start a new one again?  may 30th is hex hall, june 14th is a great and terrible beauty, june 30th is claire de lune, july 14th is the eclipse novella!

i am starting hex hall.  its sounds really good so i hope it is!  hopefully this one will have a little more to talk about then beastly.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Well, I kinda do think we should make a new thread cause for new people they will know what we are doing without going all the way to teh first page and having to read almost every post to see were we already are and I think it would be good to tell everyone that we are making a new thread so they don't get confused and maybe we could remind them for maybe a week before making another thread just in case so that everyone will know that we have a new thread. =P But that's just my idea it's k if you don't make a new thread xD I just started Hex hall and love it so far. =) Can't wait to finish it and talk about it with ya guys =P

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

okay we will make a new thread.  I will make the new one on MONDAY!!!  it will be called ONLINE BOOK CLUB! unless someone can think of a cool name for us.

It will be the same thing it will just give us a fresh start i will start it with our plans on MONDAY.  i will post on here before i post on the new one letting everyone know i switched it over.  for those of you that are new we did after hush, hush and it worked well!  email me if there are any problems but until monday just continue on here.

thanks for reminding me Lexie!  where would we be without you?  i am starting hex hall tonight (cross your fingers I don't fall asleep early)!!!!!

Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

sorry guys i havent posted in a while with school and everything, i get that were starting a new thread on monday and thats a really great idea, but i was wondering what are the books and dates for upcoming events?

"Books are the things that keep us inspired,content,and above all else happy"
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Sounds good to me. You know what ur doing. Maybe with a new thread people won't feel like they missed something after 14 pages of our writing. New people may join in....I like that idea, great thinking Korts and Lex.

Lex I am almost done with COA and I love it....this could be on my top 20. Heather I think is supposed to finish up COB this weekend so I can not wait to talk to her about it. 

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

funwithfaith wrote:

sorry guys i havent posted in a while with school and everything, i get that were starting a new thread on monday and thats a really great idea, but i was wondering what are the books and dates for upcoming events?

the dates are...

may 30th-hex hall

june 14th-a great and terrible beauty

june 30th-claire de lune

july 14th-eclipse novella

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Thanx so much haha. That's great that yoour almost done with COA =D Can't wait to hear what you think of it after your done with that and COG =) It really is my favorite series. I am just wondering if I will like her new series, The Infernal Devices better then Mortal Instruments lol hmm? Well I can't wait to see Heathers shocked face when see finishes COB haha Now that will make me laugh xD 

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

I think that having a new thread is great too.  Having lots of pages can ward off new members. 

***Spolier City of Bones***

OMG!!!  I am very sad and pissed about Jace and Clary.  Totally grossed out too!!  Which at the time they did not know they were bro and sis but still.  Simon...seriously I am over him and I know this is mean but I wish he would just get a girlfriend and slowly lose his place as her best friend.  Okay..so...I am hoping they still have a chance (Jace and Clary).  I am hoping that Jace is truly Jace Wayland and that there was something special about him that caused Valentine to kill his real dad in order to keep him for himself.  i stayed up until 3 in the morning to finish this book.  It was so good.  I am starting COA tonight.  I plan to finish the series before Hex Hall.  I totally want to meet C. Clare.  This story is great.  I feel like I am apart of this series.  I feel bad for Alec because he loves Jace.  Do we think that Isabelle is only nice to Clary because Jace is back on the market??  LOVED COB cannot wait to start COA!!!

CLAIRE DE LUNE has been released.  I picked up yesterday along with the book Wings.  Since I am going to the Supernatural Tour in June I decided to at least read 3 out of the 4 authors books!1 :smileyhappy:

Kelly I will def let you know when I start HON.  It will not be for a while though.

Getting ready to start COA!!!

The Beatles White On Black Banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

OMFG OMFG OMFG!!! I just finished Hex Hall and LOVED IT!!! lol So I just got it a day ago and couldn't put it down at all. Even during school today all I could think about was Hex hall Hex hall hex hall xD It was just so exsiting and I know I shouldn't say anything yet cause probably most people haven't even gotten their hands on the book yet haha I have to say this book is most defaintly 5/5 and in my top 20 now xD I just can't wait to hear from you guys soon gosh! This will be awesome haha

Heather- I knew you would love it and be pissed! haha For me when I was reading the books I was still never sure about Izzy, I guess she is just that type of girl that is confusing to talk about haha. Simon is a little annoying time to time, but I got used to him after COA and he seemed pretty fine after that book that book and not much a bore anymore in COG. That is awesome Claire de lune is out, I never really read a book about a werewolf for a main character before so this will be interesting =P Can't wait to talk about that and Hex Hall!!! =)

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

EVERYONE I AM MAKING THE NEW POST!!!!  CHECK OUT ONLINE BOOK CLUB! GO THERE AND CONTINUE DISCUSSIONS IT JUST EASIER WHEN WE START A NEW BOOK SO PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO READ THROUGH 15 PAGES.

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Okay so I am writing in this thread because I didn't want to make the new thread too long before the 30th.  So, this is basically about City of Ashes!!

Hahahaha Lexi!!  Having 2 small children under the age of 4 makes reading really late at night a very bad mistake.  Just because mommy goes to bed late doesn't mean they sleep late!! I will take my mundane warrior reading power and move on!!  LOL!!  :smileyvery-happy:

**SPOILER FOR THE CITY OF ASHES**

I hate to admit it but I am really glad that Simon is a vampire now.  Him being a mundane was really starting to get annoying.  Although they are brother and sister (as of now..still hoping not) I was glad that Jace and Clary kissed.  It would suck to fall in love with someone and then find out you are related to them.  It would be too hard.  Right now I am at the part where Maia the werewolf just got attacked at Lukes.  I LOVE this series!!!

The Beatles White On Black Banner Pictures, Images and Photos