Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club

Is Pretty Little Lair the 1st book in the series we are reading for this month? Read all of R Mead Vampire Academy "Loved It" just pre-order #5 for May 18th. I vote for beastly or fallen.

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Contributor
Rose89
0 Kudos

i vote for Beastly. Haven't read that book. Is it good?

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

i've read the first two of the Forbidden Game Series, The Hunter and the Chase, both AMAZING

also the 1st secret circle, & the first night world

im pretty sure i have the 1st vampire diaries in my mailbox, i just gotta go check it soon today; i also plan on reading the second series of it, and i also bought the ebook :smileytongue: it was cheaper than i thought

so far i have finished a book a day, & i have about 9 books to read the rest of my spring break

& thanks for letting me slide on this vote(:

----------------------------------------------
Contributor
Rose89
0 Kudos

I love L.J. Smith. i just read all his books. I really love the NightWorld boods.:smileyhappy:What book was ur fav?

Contributor
Rose89
0 Kudos

Bookrooted- what books from L.J.Smith have u read?

Contributor
Bookworm104
0 Kudos

Has anyone here ever read the Gemma Doyle series?  Because the first book in that series, A Great and Terrible Beauty, might be a good book to read.  I loved it.

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club [The

Rose89 wrote:

Bookrooted- what books from L.J.Smith have u read?

I read the 1st night world [Well, Secret Vampire, Daughters of Darkness, and Spellbinder]

I read the Secret Circle [The Initiation and Captive part 1.]

and the first two of the Forbidden Game series [The Hunter and the Chase]

I have kinda been jumping around, but i'm waiting for the 1st vampire diaries to come & in the library i have the second night world one [Dark Angel, The Chosen, Soulmate]

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

okay i am going to try to reply to everyone.  difficult.  okay we had two more votes for beastly which i believe brings us up to 4 votes for beastly and 1 for witch and wizard.  i think we will be reading beastly but i will give more time to vote.  so lets say to the end of tonight but most likely it will be beastly.  i can't decide which book i want to read i just want to read so i am good whatever way we go.

vampire diaries-i am half way through the first one but i love the show.  i went to comic con again this summer and go the book for free and got to go and listen to the writers and cast it was so much fun.  love that show!!  i want to read the rest because at comic con they said that they are following the book so i am trying to find someone who has read them and watches the show to know if that is true.

i can't remember if there was anything else.  so by midnight (PST) everyone should vote.  so far though beastly is winning.

oh and yeah we are reading the first books in the series the Pretty Little Liars.  someone asked i just remembered.  awesome have fun!

Contributor
Bookworm104
0 Kudos

I vote for beastly for next month.  But I would still like to suggest A Great and Terrible Beauty for the month after that.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

okay i will write that down on our list.  i have never heard of that book before.  have you read it or would this be your first time?

Frequent Contributor
Fabulous_Ali
0 Kudos

K-Wags wrote:

Is Pretty Little Lair the 1st book in the series we are reading for this month? Read all of R Mead Vampire Academy "Loved It" just pre-order #5 for May 18th. I vote for beastly or fallen.

Pretty Little Liars is the first one

{something} is the second

{something} is the third

{something} is the fourth

Wicked is the fifth

Killer is the sixth

Heartless is the seventh

and Wanted will be the eighth & last (it comes out this June also the month that the PLL tv show airs on ABC family !)

sorry i couldn't remember wut order the 2nd, 3rd, & 4th books r but one of them is Unbelievable, another is Flawless, and the other is Perfect. dunno if thats the order... i just checked. it's Flawless second, Perfect third, and Unbelievable fourth.

my name was alison dilaurentis before they even announced pretty little liars would be a tv show *flips hair*
Contributor
Bookworm104
0 Kudos

I have read it before.  It is  trilogy fantasy series that I fell in love with.  The first and second books are not that long, but the last one is like 800 pages.  I do not know if there is some psge limit when it comes to the books we will read.  But a Great and Terrible Beauty is a great book.  I think if you like books like hush hush and beastly a person should like the gemma doyle books.  :smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

okay i wrote it down on our list and next month we can vote for it.  thanks for telling us about it. there is no page limit.  there are not really any limits to our reading club.

for everyone- it turns out that we will be reading Beastly i am not sure who it is by at this moment but it won the vote.  so this month we are reading Pretty Little Lairs (the first book in the series) and we will discuss it on April 14th.  Then our May book will be Beastly.  don't forget to keep your eyes and ears open for books for us to read!  have fun reading!!

Contributor
Rose89
0 Kudos

bookrooted= I have all the L.J.Smith books. The Night World books are my fav. Hope u like the second book as much as i did.

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

Rose89 wrote:

bookrooted= I have all the L.J.Smith books. The Night World books are my fav. Hope u like the second book as much as i did.

Just finished the 1st story in the second night world, Dark Angel, and WHOA. So far my favorite out of the four i have read! It was amazing! I stayed up all night just to finish it; i really love how all the characters are tied in! I feel like i see Ash everywhere :smileytongue:

Only a few pages into The Chosen, cant wait to get into it.

& I have most of the L.J.Smith books; a few i have to get from the library because i spend my money in a snap on books(:

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

oh my gosh i am reading Pretty Little Liars and am on page 136!  it is so crazy and intense and it seems like every chapter we find out another little secret but not the main one.  who else is ready it and what page are you on?  or who has read it already?

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

I just ordered PLL and beastly yesterday at B&N online. I am excited to read them now, as soon as they arrive. This club was such a good idea, I enjoy getting feedback on books and suggestion for new ones. Does anyone have any input on the wicked lovely series? Also a really good read I just got done with is The Hunger Games Series, there are 2 books with a third coming out in August.

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

BTW is there a certain time we meet on the 15th? I live in PA, so I am sure there is a time difference with everyone. Or do we just post all day and talk about the book?

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

oh i hate waiting for books i get so anxious hahaha!  but when that book comes you can't pry it out of my hands!  you read the hunger games?  i am waiting to read them.  i am trying to get them through the library but i am like in 8th place to get them.  i have heard they are really good.  i want to just go right now and buy a ton of books!!  anyways we do the discussion on the 14th and what we did last time was you just posted all day and we would respond to others and give our thoughts and just go all day.  i would say just keep checking back on that day as often as you can because we are all on different times so who knows when someone will post.

i agree i think this club was a great idea it was a_gilmore_girls idea! she is so awesome huh to think of this. 

Frequent Contributor
Fabulous_Ali
0 Kudos

korts wrote:

oh my gosh i am reading Pretty Little Liars and am on page 136!  it is so crazy and intense and it seems like every chapter we find out another little secret but not the main one.  who else is ready it and what page are you on?  or who has read it already?

what part are u at? (put SPOILERS before u say it so ppl dont read it) and i've read all the 7 books already out and there are still sooooo many questions unanswered and theres only 1 book left! hav fun thinking u figured everything out when BOOM ur predictions collapse. i'm gonna havta reread the first one so i dont give anything away

my name was alison dilaurentis before they even announced pretty little liars would be a tv show *flips hair*