Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club [The

yeah i know it can't be the true A that is signing everything but i haven't figured it out yet.  

Contributor
Bookworm104
0 Kudos

K-Wags wrote:

I just ordered PLL and beastly yesterday at B&N online. I am excited to read them now, as soon as they arrive. This club was such a good idea, I enjoy getting feedback on books and suggestion for new ones. Does anyone have any input on the wicked lovely series? Also a really good read I just got done with is The Hunger Games Series, there are 2 books with a third coming out in August.

I love the wicked lovely series and I would love to read it for th club.  it is one of my favorite series.  I have never read the Hunger Game series.  Is it any good? 

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

what is the wicked lovely series?  i haven't read hunger games either and almost bought it today but it only comes as hardcover and its not as cheap as the paperbacks.  i have heard from like everyone though that it is really good!! i want to read it really bad but haven't yet.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

The Hunger Games is one of my favorite series. I love Gale, Peeta, Katniss aka Catnip xD and everyone else! They totally rock and the series and action is so amazing anyone would die to read these books. I love love love! The idea of these series! It's amazing, fantastic, and anything other good word out there.

Winning means Fame and fortune

Losing means certain death

The Hunger Games has begun

(Woot!)

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

so it was mentioned before about the Great and Terrible Beauty series.  well i went on a book shopping spree today so i will have books to read over spring break and one of them is the great and terrible beauty.  i went to the website and watched the book trailer and holy moly it looks really good i can't wait to start it.  who else has read it?  and are they making a movie of it?

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

okay i have finished Pretty Little Lairs and am now moving to the next book.  i am going to start reading beastly and hello its a movie now too?  are they running out of ideas so they just turn everything into a movie?  i haven't started reading but i hope they at least follow the book unlike percy jackson.

ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

Yea that's what I thought. They don't seem to have any original ideas anymore, so they rely on authors and books for their movies. How did u like the first PLL? I personally just find the ending of them confusing till I finally get an explanation in a later book lol.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i loved it i am like puzzled trying to figure out who it is.  i thought it wasn't her.  i went out and bought the next one because i have to know!!!  and they are even making a tv show out of PLL.  they just ran out of ideas.  i forgot ALN have you read all of them?

ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

Yea I've read all of them except Heartless. I didn't think the first one gave you any idea who is was. I'm going to have to check it out again. I know, the show is suppose to come on ABC Family in June.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

well i finished reading the first one and i was like i have to know who this is so i got the next one and won't stop till all my questions and answered.

ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

Yea my sister had started reading the series before me and told me I would need the next books as soon as I finish one, so I checked out all the available ones at the library. I got mad at my library because they didn't have one of them, so I had to wait forever it seemed like to get it. It was torture not knowing.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

oh man that would be torture.  yeah i started reading another book right now, well i am actually reading beastly and hello LOVING it!!  i am dying to read the rest of them and figure out what happens!!

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

oh my gosh i read Beastly and it was amazing!  i can't wait to talk about it.  i have been doing a lot of reading and there are lots of good books out there that we can read.  are you guys getting ready for the 14th discussion?

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

ohkay, just put in a request for Pretty Little Liars today in the library...i hear&hope its worth it! Imma squuzzeee it in before i read Maximum Ride, and maybe while I'm still reading L.J.; was very busy this spring break, didnt get to read as much as i hoped....

----------------------------------------------
ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

I have finally gtotten the 7th book, Heartless. I am almost done and I just got it today.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

ALN thats awesome!  

bookrooted it is good.  lots of drama.  i am starting the maximum ride series too.  i just finished his witch and wizard.  i love the way he writes.  did you read the daniel x series?  i am starting that one too.  which L.J. Smith series are you reading?  i just picked up night of world volume 1 and 2.

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

OMG did everyone get the news about Stephenie Meyer new Twilight book!!!!!! I am pre ordering it.... Yeah
Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i saw it what exactly is it?

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

korts wrote:

ALN thats awesome!  

bookrooted it is good.  lots of drama.  i am starting the maximum ride series too.  i just finished his witch and wizard.  i love the way he writes.  did you read the daniel x series?  i am starting that one too.  which L.J. Smith series are you reading?  i just picked up night of world volume 1 and 2.

I like his style too. It just flows great huh? & pretty funny sometimes

& i want to read the Daniel X series sometime, probably will for school sometime; but i havent read em, but heard some good things.

& PLL is waiting for me at the library :smileytongue:

Well, i just finished the last Secret Circle book, The Power, and now i just started the 3rd volume of Night World; & I'm pretty sure you will reallyyyy like Night World too; The second volume was my favorite, but the three stories in the first book were great too(:

----------------------------------------------
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

yeah right now i am finishing hunger games.  my first time reading it.  i am actually listening to it on cd.  i am excited to read the night world.  patterson's writing is funny and very easy to read it just keeps flowing and you can't put it down.  next i am going to start maximum ride series.