Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club [The

O= My parents have seen shutter island but they didnt take me! I want to see it so bad!!!

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

just a reminder everyone we are going to discuss pretty little liars on april 14th. this wednesday i think.  hope everyone will join our discussion. get your questions and thoughts ready we are going to discuss.  and to just remind everyone for may 14th we are discussing beastly!

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Can't wait for beastly! I am going to start reading it by next week lol

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

I am now starting PLL #3 hope they keep getting better. The second book was a little slow, but interesting. Pre-ordered my new Steph Meyer book today, B&N members save more now that it is on the best seller list...yeah! Anyone have any suggestion on new books to buy? Or Korts what we might start for Junes book of the month?

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

yeah lets start with suggestions for june.  anyone?  what should we read for june?

Contributor
Bookworm104
0 Kudos

I am still suggesting a great and terrible beauty. Also wake by lisa mcmann. That is also a really good series.
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

okay lets add those to the list.  so we have a great and terrible beauty or wake?  anyone else have suggestions?  or should we vote on those two.  i want to read both those books and have kind of started reading a great and terrible beauty so i would vote that one because its good.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Well we could read:

• Hex Hall
  • Bad girls don't die
  • Once a Witch

I have already read Wake and Great and Terrible beauty. They were great books, but I would rather talk about these books more =P

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i have never heard of any of those books.  so now we have...

a great and terrible beauty

wake

hex hall

bad girls don't die

once a witch

lets get some voting going here. don't forget tomorrow is the discussion of pretty little liars!

Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

Just for anyone who hasn't heard of any of these books (like myself)

A Great and Terrible Beauty

Wake (Wake Trilogy Series #1)

Hex Hall

Bad Girls Don't Die

Once a Witch

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

oh awesome thank you for doing that.  i had no clue how to do that.  i am like so slow with this site and figuring out these things.  

ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

JdiennoPSU wrote:

Just for anyone who hasn't heard of any of these books (like myself)

A Great and Terrible Beauty

Wake (Wake Trilogy Series #1)

Hex Hall

Bad Girls Don't Die

Once a Witch

So I'm reading A Great and Terrible Beauty now, so that's my vote. Once a Witch is good, and so is Wake. I've never read the others, so those two would be good choices too.

Also I finished reading Heartless about a week ago. It's agony having to wait for the next one to come out. Heartless was good, but like all the others very open ended.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

yeah now that i see more books its hard to decide.  i have only started reading a great and terrible beauty so the other ones are good choices.

everyone lets discuss Pretty Little Liars!!!  hello who is A?  my thinking is it can't be someone with a name that starts with A.  they are just using that to get to these girls but who could it be?

Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

I was thinking the same thing, and it has to someone theyre all close to , even though theyre in diffrent cliques

"Books are the things that keep us inspired,content,and above all else happy"
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

yeah they some how have to be linked by someone.  i just can't figure out who it is.  i have the second book but i haven't read it yet because i wanted to see what other people thought of this first one

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

So I wish the books would give a little more information with each one....they kind of drag out.  I am on the third book and I still feel like we haven't gotten anywhere...but it is getting good. Feel like something is up with all the new people each girls has in their life and when they are with that person, that person leaves the room for a few. Like when Spencer was with Wren and in the middle he went to the bathroom...and when Aria was with Ezra he went in the other room. And each girl gets a message while they r out of the room....hum? I was so courious about what Toby did that Ali seen to make him admit to the firework thing that blinded Jenna...I had an idea and I was right they tell you that info in the second book.  Was hoping to hear more from everyone and what they thought about our currect book! :smileysad:

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

that is interesting about the people leaving when they get the message.  they have to be linked somehow.  i am determined that they are linked somehow.

well it seems that our day has come to an end in some places, not here in cali, but everyone we need to vote!  lets say by saturday night 12 am PST we need to have voted on our june book. also it will be summer for most so do we want to put it to two books?  i don't know we can decide or maybe some of us want to read two while others don't.  i don't know i am just trying to spice things up!  

may book is Beastly!!  great book i have read it and we have to talk.  they are making it into a movie and the website is beastlythemovie.com (I think).  you guys should check it out.  read the book its so good.

ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

So I am not someone who spoils anything about a book to anyone, well at least I hope I don't. So I'm not going to say anything that might and pretend that I haven't read every book out already. lol. So when I first read the first 3 books of PLL, I thought it had to be someone close to them too. Who else could know what they're doing all the time. It's weird how A knows where they are and the perfect moment to send them a text. I hated how she'd drag out all the details. Some things did not seem to go together, in my opinion.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Excited to read Beastly for May. Yes I think we should bump up to 2 books per month and have discussion on the 14th and 30th of each month, everyone in the club seems to be really up on alot of books and seems to read way more than 1 per month.

My vote - 2 books per month and "great and terrible beauty is my vote for June 14th book 1 and the new Steph Meyers "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella" for June 30 book 2!

As for PLL I am really in to the series story line but it just seem like Sara Shepard is dragging this whole thing oooooouuuuuuttttttt waaaaaaaaaaay toooooooooooo long! In each book there is the same basic stuff happening with nothing new, except that she makes you think it is everyone that it is "not".  I am not one to ever give up on a book or series but if I am going to recommend this series it better start moving along.

Hope everyone is enjoying this book club as much as I am!

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

okay so i think too that we should read two books for the summer months.  i know most you could read two books in two days.  the 14th and 30th sound good to me.  thats another vote for a great and terrible beauty.  so far that one is winning and i will add to the list the eclipse novella