Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club [The

[ Edited ]

so i found this book while i was watching some book trailers and thought it looked good maybe we can look into it or has anyone read it?

claire de lune.  this girl is a werewolf and has to keep it secret from her friends.  i tried to embed it in like the one before but i am clueless sorry!

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

korts wrote:

so i found this book while i was watching some book trailers and thought it looked good maybe we can look into it or has anyone read it?

claire de lune.  this girl is a werewolf and has to keep it secret from her friends.  i tried to embed it in like the one before but i am clueless sorry!

Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson: Book Cover

I am new to the club so I have a lot to catch up on.  I haven't read this one but I think it looks really good.  I vote this one and the Eclipse Novella for June.

The Beatles White On Black Banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

hey Heather_Lynn i am korts and i guess i sort of keep everyone organized in this club.  we just read pretty little liars and discussed it.  on may 14th we will be discussing the book Beastly by alex finn i believe, good book!  anyways thanks for voting i will write down your vote.  what we do is we vote on books and then whatever wins we read.  we are thinking that because it is going to be summer we can do two books.  someone has suggested that we discuss on the 14th and the 30th.  what are your thoughts?  i will write down your vote.  thanks

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

Two books sounds fine to me.  For those of us who may not be able to keep up we can pick which book we really want to discuss, read that one first and then if time read the second one.  That is what I will do.  I will vote on two books in the hopes I can read that fast.  If not, I will just not participate in that discussion.

So, my vote is two books in a month and discussions on the 14th and 30th

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

awesome thanks.  don't forget about beastly in may.  we always discuss on the 14th.  we come back on here off and on to talk about other books and life and stuff.  i would love to have all the june voting done by saturday 12 am PST.  so make sure you check back sunday morning to see how the voting went.  make sure you keep checking back

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

I made my choice! I vote for Hex Hall for June =P

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

right now a great and terrible beauty is winning.  

LexieVamp what do you think about the two books?  or do you think we should just do one in june? i really want to read those books you suggested.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

I think we should do two books for June, because most of us will be out of school by then and it's not like we really have any work during that month. So great and terrible beauty does sound good so if that's what we will be reading then great :smileyvery-happy: but if we have two books then I would like it to be Hex Hall and great and terribly beauty =P

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

I think that Claire de Lune book looks really good. Thanks for suggesting that one. Never heard of Hex Hall but I will look that up to see if I would vote for that maybe in July or something. I have my votes for June in already.

Well good night for now, going to get into my PLL #3 and try to get it finished up by tonight or tomorrow. Then off to the next one. So many books to read not enough time in this life to read everything! 

"I am a book junky, they are my fix."   -Kelly aka K-Wags

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

okay everyone let me tell you how voting looks so far.  i think for sure we are going to do two books in june.  let me just say we are going to do that.  if you don't want to read one but you want to read the other feel free, remember this club is just to have fun and talk about what we read. as for books...

great and terrible beauty-4

Eclipse Novella-2

Hex Hall-1

Wake-1

Once a witch-1

Claire De Lune-1

i did not count my vote i am still deciding.  i want to read two books i haven't heard of so i am still deciding.  lets not forget that voting will end on saturday the 17th and 12 am PST.  i will make the final count annoncement sunday whenever i get up haha!

I just want to check in with everybody how do we feel the club is so far?  should we do anything differently?  

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

okay sorry i just did my research and i pick Claire De Lune and Hex Hall.  that puts the standings as...

great and terrible beauty-4 

Wake-1

Hex Hall-2

Once a Witch-1

Eclipse Novella-2

Claire De Lune-2

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

Hex Hall looks really good.  Can I change my vote???  If so, I vote:

Claire de Lune

Hex Hall

I am really excited about this club!!  I bought Beastly today so I cannot wait to start reading it for the May discussion.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

of course you can change your vote i wrote it down so i think i am keeping up with the votes correctly i am trying to be fair and stuff.

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

What would everyone think if we started the two per month earlier, and read G and T for May 30 so we could get Claire de Lune, Hex Hall and Eclipse Novella in for June and July they seem to have a three way tie going. Maybe we should not read EN until July bc the release date is June 5 and by time everyone gets a chance to get it, we should just have it set for July 14th. I am ok with changing my vote for that one to be in July instead of June.

Either way I have preordered EN and C-d-L and will read them all within the next few months as soon as C-d-L and Eclipse N are released. Plus I have The Hunger Games #3 - Mocking Jay on the list for Sept bc of the release date Aug 24.

So my new voting is as followed

May 14 Beastly - set

May 30 Hex Hall

June 14 Great and Terrible Beauty

June 30 Claire de Lune - Released May 18

July 14 Eclipse Novella - Released June 5

Or put Hex Hall for July 30 if we do not want to do a second book in May.

It seems like everyone reads more than one per month weither in school or out of school and again if anyone does not have a chance to read it for that month don't and if they want to read it later just don't be mad about the spoilers during discussion. I just think one book per month is so long between discussion for all of us who love to read many.

Thanks for listening to my 2 cents!!! haha

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

that is fine with me.  sounds good to me.  i will be reading hex hall and claire de lune no matter what.  i am just waiting to order them until i see what all we are going to read and if we are going to read the eclipse novella so i can order that at the same time.  i agree with you though it is long inbetween and i know that some of us are reading books very quickly so why not get more done and discuss more. there are so many books to talk about and read!

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

Two books are fine with me for May.  I do not read as fast as most of you, so, I may only get Beastly done.  I am def. going to read Claire de Lune, Hex Hall, and EN.  I have preorder EN and Mockingjay.  Once the list is complete post it so I know what books t get and how fast to start reading!!

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Awesome! I would love to read all those books!

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

okay so it is settled and we are going to do the reading schedule that K-Wags came up with.  this is the schedule...

May 14-Beastly

May 30-Hex Hall

June 14-A Great and Terrible Beauty

June 30-Claire de Lune

July 14-Eclipse Novella

the last two are not released yet.  if you can't read one but you can read another one then that is fine.  don't worry about it.  i think this will be fun!!

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Korts let us know what the final reading list will be. I am not sure of the voting. I did order Great and Terrible Beauty with my pre order on EN for the free shipping over $10 on B&N so I will not have those books until June 5th so I can discuss G&TB on June 14th as planned, other than that I am open to whatever schedule we want to follow for May 30th and so on.....

Just make the list and we will follow....hahaha

I am so happy everyone likes the 2 books per month right away, I enjoy sharing what I read and a book per month is such a long time between. That and the fact we have got so many great suggestions for upcoming books I can not wait to read them all.

BTW I got done with PLL #3 last night, it is getting so good, I recommend finishing the series for anyone who has started it. Whoever -A is, is so so mean to the girls.

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Korts I was writting while you posted. Nevermind on half my reply. That looks great can't wait to discuss all the books with everyone.

Claire de Lune release May 18 so that should give everyone enough time to get the book and EN releases on June 5 so that is enough time also. 

FYI if we are going to do Mocking Jay after the release date August 24 I would recommend ahead of time to anyone that has not read the first two of the "The Hunger Games" will need to before then or they will not understand the series.

Is there anyone in the club that has not read the first 2 Hunger Games books yet?