Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club [The

heather-thanks for posting that i live in LA and can go to san diego and want to so i am trying to figure out what day it is.

ALN-it was good huh?  i know i am excited about the movie too.  its going to be different but i still want to see it.  i can't wait to talk about.  i don't want to say anything yet because some just started reading.  

i just got hex hall in the mail but i rented some books from the library so i am trying to finish those real quick before i read hex hall.

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

Korts

I found the tour info for you. 

San Diego, CA : June 6th
Authors in attendance:Kim Harrison, Ellen Schrieber, Kimberly Derting, Kelley Armstrong
2:00 pm
MYSTERIOUS GALAXY
7051 Clairemont Mesa Blvd.
(858) 268-4747

The Beatles White On Black Banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
AliceApple
0 Kudos

hi, I'm aliceapple and new here. can u explain to me about online book club

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

how did you find that?  am i crazy is it on that page and i just don't see it?  thanks though!  its on my birthday

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if Hex Hall is a eBook, yet? I am trying to find it on my nook and am having no luck. I worried that I'll have to buy it from the store cause I'm not sure if I can with my parents just buying me a nook O_O

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i can't find it either but i only looked for it the one way i know how.  is you tell me how else i can help you look.  otherwise are you a b&n member because i have coupons for online or in the store that i can email you to use.  i already ordered my books

Frequent Contributor
Fabulous_Ali
0 Kudos

btw everyone there are already a few videos (trailers???) out for the PLL tv show!!!

if u go search for them on youtube im pretty sure u'll be able to find them

my name was alison dilaurentis before they even announced pretty little liars would be a tv show *flips hair*
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

oh my gosh it looks so good.  i wonder if the first season will be the first book and so and so forth.  or do i have to hurry and read the rest of the series before i watch it?

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

korts wrote:

how did you find that?  am i crazy is it on that page and i just don't see it?  thanks though!  its on my birthday

Korts....if it makes you feel better it is not on that page.  I went to Kim Harrison's webpage and looked up her touring dates.  I am pretty sure she is the only one going to all the signings.

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

AliceApple wrote:

hi, I'm aliceapple and new here. can u explain to me about online book club

Welcome AliceApple!!  I joined about a week or so ago.  Korts can fill you in better than me but i will try!!

We have decided to read two books a month and discuss them on the 14th and 30th of each month.  We vote for what books we want to read and the books that get the most votes win for that month.  We have actually voted and have a schedule from May until July 14th.  Our complete list is:

May 14   Beastly

May 30   Hex Hall

June 14  A Great and Terrible Beauty

June 30  Claire de Lune (release date 5/18)

July 14    Eclipse Novella (release date 6/5)

Of course many of us are reading our own books in between.  If you want to read both, great, if not just read and discuss on the ones you want to. 

If you have any other questions let us know.  I am sure Korts can fill in anything else.

BTW...Korts....how awesome is it to go to a book signing on your birthday!!

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

korts wrote:

i can't find it either but i only looked for it the one way i know how.  is you tell me how else i can help you look.  otherwise are you a b&n member because i have coupons for online or in the store that i can email you to use.  i already ordered my books

Yeah sure that would be great =) I do have a membership so I would love coupons. I'll send my e-mail address in a private message lol k

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

heather-lynn i know so for my birthday i think we are going to drive to San Diego go to the book tour and then go out to dinner.  i called the book store and spoke to the woman and talked to her about it.  she was nice so i have to wait and see if thats what i really want to do.

lexievamp i emailed you.  if you are a member you should sign up to get coupons i get them like everyday. i emailed you read it!

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

I did I did lol I did have a membership on my last b&n account until that one got banned (don't ask) and now I'm going to try to get a new one.

Frequent Contributor
AliceApple
0 Kudos

Are you guys talking about  the supernatural tour?

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

Hey everyone! Sorry i havent been on in a longggggg time! I've been busy and couldn't read PLL, but could anyone catch me up? Thanks(:

----------------------------------------------
Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

AliceApple wrote:

Are you guys talking about  the supernatural tour?

Yeah!!  Korts is planning to go to the one in CA and I have two options for the ones in TX!!  I just have to decide if Kelley Armstrong is worth the extra hour drive with two small children!!  HAHA!!

Are you planning on attending one of the tour dates?

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

bookrooted wrote:

Hey everyone! Sorry i havent been on in a longggggg time! I've been busy and couldn't read PLL, but could anyone catch me up? Thanks(:

yeah you haven't been on here for a long time!  we missed you!  well PLL was pretty good and some of us discussed it.  we have a new thing now we are going to read two books a month with it being summer and all some of us will have more time.  so our new discussion dates are going to be the 14th and the 30th!!  heres what we have lined up...

May 14th-Beastly

May 30th-Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

June 14th-A Great and Terrible Beauty

June 30th-Claire De Lune(released May 18th)i forget who its by.  if you can't find it let me know

July 14th-Eclipse Novella(released June 5th)

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

bookrooted wrote:

Hey bookrooted =D Missed ya so much! it's been way to long!

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Welcome AliceApple! Hope you like the line up we have voted on for the first part of the summer. We are all really cool on here, feel free to speak your mind and give your opinion on any books your like or dislike.

Heather good to know I am not alone. Yes I have two daughters, 7 yr old that loves Twilight  and is Team Edward with me and a 4 yr old that likes to watch my twilight movies too.  I don't think of young adult reading as an age description but a preference. Yes the stories are based mainly on teenage characters, but I feel we are young adults bc I know I do not consider myself an "old adult"....lol.

I live in PA, does anyone have any tour info for my neck of the woods. Heather, Korts and a few others that I know on here, do you guys have a facebook account to chat or share favorite fan sites.

I am looking forward to reading Beastly, but I can not wait until I get my pre-order for Vampire Academy #5 Spirit Bound. Can not wait to see what happens with Demetri. Looking forward to my #8 PLL also. Finished #4 on my way through #5. Would be farther along but had a overnight scrapbooking thing this weekend....as I always say "too many things to do, not enough time to get it all done".

TTYL Kelly aka K-Wags

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
so_death_bye
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club

Go for beastly.

They have a movie coming out

July 3o. It's one thing you all can do as a group.

We don't have a book club

@ my school. But I picked up the book

and gave it to a friend.

And my other friend is reading it right now.

Finished it already. idk

What's Montague? It is nor hand nor foot,
Nor arm nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O be some other name!

What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet