Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

Re: Online Book Club [The

k-wags i do not have a facebook but i do have a blog.  kpdoyle.blogspot.com/  its called welcome to the circus.  i had it to talk about personal stuff but now i am going to start talking about my book reading and things that happen but not so much personal!  i have an email though were i check it all the time so you can email me if you want.

Frequent Contributor
AliceApple
0 Kudos

I hate scary movies. When I see one, can't go to sleep at night. Get nightmares easily//

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

Kelly I have FB and I get my email messages sent directly to my phone.  However, I will not be sharing that up here!!  If you want send me a private message up here and we can exchange that if info if you want.  The Supernatural tour is not going to be in PA but if I see anyone who will be I will let you know!!

Korts I couldn't bring up your blog.  Is there a way to post the link so that it takes us directly there?

AliceApple..I haven't completed Beastly yet, but I am sure it will be no scarey than the Twilight movies!!  I am in my late twenties and scarey movies still keep me up...so don't feel bad!! :smileywink:

Thanks!!

The Beatles White On Black Banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

lets see if i try this...

http://kpdoyle12.blogspot.com/

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Korts I checked out your blog, seems like you have a great goal for reading in 2010. Good Luck with that. How on earth can you read more than one book at a time or stop in the middle of a book? I would be so confused :0 !  Also I agree with you on the CD thing, I would never be able to listen to some lady reading in a monitone voice for the whole book. I need to add my own voice profile to my characters, no wonder you never got into The Hunger Games. Plus

I think I could read faster than someone reading to me.

Okay I did not move on to the PLL #5, I went on to Beastly bc #4 PLL has a stopping point ending before you get into the last four. So I figured that since #8 doesn't come out until June 8th I would wait to finish the series. Plus #7 gets released in paperback on the same day, so I will pre-order them together soon.

I did however order Hex Hall today....yeah!

Heather I am going to give you my facebook because, if anyone looks me up I have to except them as a friend first so I do not care about giving that and then my friends can see my email after that. Kelly Reed Wagner - New Castle, PA - Mohawk High School Graduate in Bessemer PA - I have a profile pic of my family in front of the New York City Skyline in Black &White, we went there Easter weekend...fun fun, hope that helps for you to locate me on facebook, see you there. Anyone else on here that would like to join my facebook let me know first that way I do not ignore your request for being friends.

So far Beastly is good only got through the chat in the beginning and the first chapter. Does anyone remember a guy like that in highschool that thought they were Gods gift to the world. I won't say to much I donot want to spoil.... :smileywink:

AliceApples what are you currectly reading and are you going to read our request list?

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

K-Wags wrote:

So far Beastly is good only got through the chat in the beginning and the first chapter. Does anyone remember a guy like that in highschool that thought they were Gods gift to the world. I won't say to much I donot want to spoil.... :smileywink:

That guy was me...

JK

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

yeah thanks for the good luck.  it sometimes gets hard reading two different books and stopping and going but it gets done.

don't most guys think they are gods gift to the world?  at least the low lives i have met.

Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

Korts, I totally agree with u with boys thinking their gods gift to Earth, i think its problay a gender gene that makes boys well jerks

"Books are the things that keep us inspired,content,and above all else happy"
Inspired Contributor
LittleDiva
0 Kudos

How do I join?

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

theres nothing to join just have fun reading!

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

LittleDiva if you go back a few pages you can get the run down of the books we are reading and when we will be discussing them on here. Its fun and if you can not read all the books thats okay just do the ones you want. Some of us are crazy readers so we can not wait to read read read..... you get the idea!!!!

JdiennoPSU its easy to be that guy online....JK

Into Part 2 of Beastly, its really good. I will say though the part where he had Sloane come over for a kiss, after just one week did he really think it would be that easy!!! HELLO "Stupid Boy"

Got Email confirmation Hex Hall will be here Thursday.....Yeah! I think I will read that after Beastly!

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

Kelly I totally had to stop reading your message...or at least skip over the part about Beastly.  yes, I have this book markes as "reading now" however, I have not exactly started it yet.  As much as I would LOVE to be like Korts and read more than one at a time...I just can't do it.  I am trying to hurry up with The Body Finder so I can get to Beastly.  I have Hex Hall waiting to be read.

I am going to B&N to by the complete series of House of Night.  Has anyone read these?  If so what do you think...are they worth getting?

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i tried house of night but liked other ones so i read them first.  i am not awesome at reading two books at once.  i just have so many books to read at once.  worst thing happened to me today i forgot my book today.  i had so much free time at school and could have read my books but i forgot my book.  i was so sad because instead i just sat there and wasted my time.  keep reading beastly its good. the online convos are my favorite part!

Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

same with me it gets a real inside look at how hes feeling, im halfway through and i cant wait to finish it

"Books are the things that keep us inspired,content,and above all else happy"
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

I love the House of Night series! I have read all 6 books and now I just started reading book 7 on my nook =D It's very interesting so far and I can't wait to find out more. Zoey's love life is a little annoying but I deal with it. I love Stevie Rae, Damien, and Jack lol Stark is okay too I guess but he's not as great as those three xD So has anyone gotten Burned, yet? and did you see the video of Burned yet on houseofnightseries.com? If you haven't here it is ---> http://houseofnightseries.com/pages/burnedvideo.html. =P 

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Heather sorry about the spoiler.. I hope I didn't give anything away for anyone... :smileysad:  Glad to see you on facebook.

I have the first house of night book but have not started it.  I think I will save that one for when I know the series is finished. I hate to start a series and have to wait on books. (ex. Vampire Academy & The Hunger Games) Plus I have some other books way higher on my list, but when you want to start it let me know I will join you. I know how crappy it is to read a book by yourself.

Would not read more than one book at a time, I think it would take away from the books story line it's like watching a movie and half way switching to another one. Plus time wise, weither you read 1 book in 2 days or 2 books in four days it still works out the same.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

the only reason i read two books at once is just because i start a book and then for some odd reason i go to the library and get some more books.  it gets confusing and i sometimes forget whos in what book but i work it all out i think.  i woke up the other day and got confused on what day it was and i thought i had missed the beastly discussion.  i am telling you guys i am weird!  

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

Lexi...I am glad you added that about the House of Night series.  I got a great coupon from B&N, so I purchased all 7 today.  I am like Korts I do not like to wait, however, I hate having a book in a series that I really like and then I have to wait to start the next one until I can go get it.  Now, I have all 7 and can start them at anytime!! 

Also, Lexi, how far are you into The Body Finder??  I am at Chapter 19 in the hopes to finish it tonight or tomorrow.  This book has turned out to be a lot better than what I thought.  There is one part I could literally feel my blood pressure going up...very hot!! :smileywink:  I won't ruin for anyone else just wanted to see what you thought about it.

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

Holy Crap Lexi!!!  I just finished The Body Finder....I am sweating from my blood pressure going up so much.  This book is great!!  Let me know what you thought!!

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Heather_Lynn- I love the body finder! I am also on chapter 19 and I love it! For some reason I just dont think the person the found in the woods is the bad guy. Idk why but for some hell of a reason I think it might be Jay. I don't know why but it just seems it. Either that or the guy the did find somehow is going to break out of jall or whatever and get revenge on Violet for telling on him, but I really hope it's the second theory cause I really like Jay and Violet together and that would make me really sad if Jay was the bad guy all along.

Also I think Burned for the House of Night series is the last book in the series, so if anyone hates waiting well you don't anymore for the HON series haha

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/