Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Re: Online book club

I'm sorry for your loss. 

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am very sorry for your loss. I know what it feels like to lose a loved one and trust me it will get a lot better... you just gotta stay strong =)

Hello everyone! I haven't talked to any of you for 2 weeks! That's long lol So how is everyone?

I finished Beautiful Darkness and thought it was amazing. I also finished Misguided Angel, which is the 5th book in the blue blood series by Melissa de la Cruz... it was good, but to small to really say much about, but I am still looking forward to the sixth book. I bought Night Star (Immortal series #5) by Alyson Noel, Please ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King, and The Back Door to Midnight by Elizabeth Chandler. I am looking forward to receiving these books, but Please ignore Vera Dietz looks amazing and I will probably reading it after NightShade, which I am reading right now. I did win another contest for the book called Split, and it looks like a good book.

I was just wondering if some of you could help me with one of the contests I signed up for. It's a re-create cover contest and I was just wondering if some of you could vote for my cover for the best cover. The prize is a ARC of Demon glass by Rachel Hawkins and I would love to win a copy. =) It would mean a lot if some of you did vote and oh also (before I forget to tell you) I am doing a giveaway for the second week on January cause that's like the only time I can and if you vote I'll add another book to the giveaway (I'm already giving away 3 books). Here is the link to the contest: http://naughtybookkitties.blogspot.com/2010/11/demonglass-cover-contest-round-one.html. Thank you so much everyone! Well I gotta return to my reading =)

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

I got a new book yesterday, Thirst.  Has anyone read it yet?  I'm going to start it once I'm done with Beautiful Creatures.

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Which cover is yours??

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Oh oops haha forgot to tell you which cover is mine xD It's the third cover and the smallest. =P

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Thanks! Voting...now! lol

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Lex, I voted liked your cover. Interested to see what the new book has to offer.

Anyone still reading HON series with me, I haven't heard from y'all in a while.

We also need to vote on some new books. Suggestions please. Maybe our book club is fizzing out and everyone has moved on. No one is chating anymore.

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Reader 2
luckycharms23
0 Kudos

I have the first two thirst books but have not read them yet.  This semester at college is harder than I thought it would be, but hopefully christmas break I can get all caught up. Let me know how Thirst is

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

Lexie I'll go vote on your post as soon as I do finish this post.

I've been pretty caught up with school, work, my blog (Which by the way I'm going to be part of a big giveaway going on from nov 17th-27th, I'm offering up a brand new copy of Matched so stop by if you want to be entered) and reading when I can.

I don't know where everyone has gone but if we are reading HON what book number are we on. I've already read books 1-5 so I'm not sure if we are on 6 yet.

Also if we are going to pick more books we could pick some debuts that are coming out in Jan. just something to think about.   

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Hey Everyone!!  Hope everyone is doing well!!

About time to vote for new books...it seems like only yesterday we were voting on this last batch of books and here it is time to vote again!  Time flies!

Kelly - Definitely still reading HON...haven't read it lately though...I'm waiting for HON #6 to become available from the library.  Hopefully I'll get it soon!

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Thank you so much everyone for voting for me! =)

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

I'm thinking of joining you Book Club, but what book shall we read?

I just bought Thirst No. 1 on Sunday.  I havn't started it yet.  Who thinks we should read that and when.  And could someone please tell me how we go over what we've read and how much we read in-between certain amounts of time??

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

hello everyone!!!  I feel like this is a reunion!  i think we all got really busy.  i know i did.  I am way behind on reading.  like WAY behind.  I have some catching up to do.  i haven't bee reading much.  i guess it is time to vote on new books....lets do it!!!

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Yay! I'd love to start voting again.Here are some amazing books I am looking forward too and would love to talk about with everyone.

Matched by Ally Condie 

Matched by Ally Condie: Book Cover

NightShade by Andrea R. Cremer

Nightshade by Andrea R. Cremer: Book Cover

Firelight by Sophie Jordann

Firelight by Sophie Jordan: Book Cover

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White: Book Cover

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

I love voting time!  Here are my ideas:

I haven't read Need yet, but if it is any good I think we should keep going with that series, so...

Captivate 

Matched  

Firelight  

Crusade  

Paranormalcy  

Nightshade  

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

How about thirst?

Thirst No. 1 

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Here is the rest of the old schedule we have

Nov. 30th: Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Dec. 14th: Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

DEc. 30th: Need by Carrie Jones

As for new books my picks would be

Nightshade

Crusade

Matched

Thirst No. 1

Paranormalcy

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Welcome back everyone...yeah! Let the voting commence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Okay my votes are

Feb15th (The Body Finder Series) AWESOME!!!!

Demonglass (Hex Hall Series) Feb 15th NO COVER

and City of Fallen Angels of course if we get up to April.....:smileytongue:

cover not released yet!

Can someone else make a list of all the things we have read so far? I can not remember them all. Someone new asked! Also how the club works I do not think we have posted that in awhile.

Lexa thanks for the book schedule, I have been on HON fffooorrrreeeevvvvveeeerrrrr that I forgot what we were reading next....ugh!

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

I'm not sure about everything we have read. Roughly I would say Beautiful Creatures, Hush, Hush, Fallen, Torment, The Lost Hero, The Hollow and I'm sure there is a few more but I can't seem to remember them right now.

I'll explain how this works.

We suggest books and vote on them which is what we are currently doing. We discuss books on the 15th and the 30th of every month. We also have lots of side convos and read other things on the side that we randomly talk about. Such as we talk about our lives and some people on the side right now are reading the HON series. Basically feel free to jump in and chat with us, we are pretty friendly.

Kelly- Your welcome I even forgot what we are suppose to be reading.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Crap!! I forgot to vote for City of Fallen Angels...what's wrong with me!?!

City of Fallen Angels