Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Re: Online book club

Nick- Oh Nick if you weren't a 16 hour drive away from me I would hit you right now. *smiles sweetly*

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Lexa

If you weren't 16 hours away I might actually be scared!!!!!! ****Rolling Eyes*****:smileyvery-happy:

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
ley2003grad
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone! I'm super excited!!! I got my copy of Vampire Academy's Last Sacrifice in the mail today. I'm going to start reading it as soon as I get all the house work done.....joy for me! But it does encourage me to work faster. Turns out I was a little ahead of everyone on the reading list so I won't be interfering with any of that. I can't wait to hear what you all think of the book as well.

Pages of Adventure

www.ley2003.blogspot.com

Pages of Adventure
My blog ley2003.blogspot.com
Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Nick&Lexa- Hey nick I think Lexa could kick your butt. Lol Oh and lexa I dont get out until then either.

Hypnotically Entranced
http://hypnoticallyentranced.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Hey Everyone!!  Just read some exciting news.  I don't know if anyone has been following news on the City of Bones movie, but I just read an article that Clary's character has been cast!!  Very exciting!!  It'll be interesting to see the rest of the cast.  Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/12/10/lily-collins-leading-scott-stewarts-mortal-instruments-movie/

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Nicholas- be nice!

Fallen- Thank you, he has told me he is a runner so he should have a taller thin body so the best he could do is run away from me lol.

Abbey- Honestly, I just wish they would stop turning books into movies, it seems like movie writers can't come up with anything anymore so they just look to what is hot in the bookstore and offer to do a rewrite of that with the authors permission.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Abbey love the movie scoop. Clary will be pretty.

Lexa I think movie writers are trying to give readers a visual on the great books, I agree with you it seems books are all we see on the big screen. I like it though because I like to see the movie come to life. Sometimes it works out and some times the movies are bad. I always read the books first that way I have my own view and then see the movie.

I am still waiting for my VA6 to arrive, it should be here Monday. Not sure why the delay but very excited to get it.

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Lexa & Kelly - I have to say I love seeing my favorite characters come to life on the big screen!  It does seem like all the movies coming out are either based on books or comics, though.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  For example, the Eragon movie was horrible!  The Harry Potter movies, I think, are pretty good.  However, I haven't seen a movie yet that ended up being better than the book...that's why I try to always read the book first.  Even though I'll always love the TMI books better, I'm still pretty excited to see it all in theatres!!

Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Movie Debate 

Okay Ladies, I'm sitting here in the hospital cuz my dad is having surgery and I'm bored!!!!! 

Abbey

I liked the Eragon Movie, I think for the fact that the dragon looked great, and it seemed rushed, but that is to be expected with books into movies!!!!! But I have to agree with you it kind of sucked in more places then one!!!  

I also like to read the books before I see the movie, so if the movie sucked (which it probably will) It dosent mess me up!!!! I dont know if yall ever realize this, but sometime I'm like what the heck, who picked this music to represent this book!!! Like some of the Twilight music, the first one I understand cuz of the author, but now, I'm like WHAT!!!!!!

Lexa 

I'm always nice!!!!:smileywink: Someone, I wont say names, wanted to attack me first while smiling!!!!

Fallen

Yeah she would probably kick my butt, but a southern gentlemen never raises a hand to lady!!!

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Nick - Hope your dad is doing okay.  Continuing our movie discussion: I didn't like the Eragon movie mostly because it strayed so far from the book.  Some changes are to be expected, but, to me, it almost ended up being a completely different story that happened to have the same character names.  The whole music thing gets me too...I do not get the connection between some movies and the music.  But then there are movies that the music fits perfectly...I went and saw Megamind last weekend, and I thought the music was perfect (and hilarious)!!  Great movie!

Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Nick- I hope everything with your dad goes well! Oh and good choice, good choice!

movie Discussion- I actually love Eragon the movie, of course, I have never read the book though..

Hypnotically Entranced
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Nick- I hope your dad is ok. Southern Gentleman my ass, youve never treated me like a lady. Ur just lucky I dont take your rude comments to heart lol (Anyone new here reading this should know I always tease Nick)

Fallen- don't believe a thing Nick says. Lies I tell you Lies! :smileyhappy:

Movie Debate- I have read Eragon and I didn't really enjoy the movie because it is rather difficult to turn a 600 page+ book into a movie, just look how they messed that up with the Harry Potter movies. Don't get me wrong I do like the Harry Potter movies but they just can't fit enough into a 3 hour movie from a 800 page book. It is impossible. I just feel that lately books are becoming movies really fast. Such as I Am Number Four is already going to be a movie playing in theaters soon when the book was just released a few months ago. Every time I see a movie clip lately for an upcoming movie I just stare at it and say that was a book, that was a book that was a book!!! Learn to get some writers again so that we are not turning every single book into a movie. All these kids now don't even need to bother reading the books because in a year it will be a movie, its sad in my opinion.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Lexa&Nick- you guys crack me up!!! 

Movie Debate- Lexa I completely agree with you. I think it's sad, also, that every book seems to be turned into a book these days. So probably in a few years, in elementary school instead of having "reading" time, it'll probably be "watch a movie" time. hah :smileytongue:

Hypnotically Entranced
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Fallen- Lol glad we provide entertainment. Shh don't tell Nick but he is a pretty good guy.

Movie Debate- Fallen- "movie time" thats cute. But seriously a few days ago I found out Incarceron is going to be a movie and Jake from the Twilight Movies is going to star in it. I just rolled my eyes.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Lexa- Haha I wont

Movie Debate- just shakes head...

Hypnotically Entranced
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

BC- So I feel like I have been having an awesome past few days. I signed up for some ARC Tours so I have these for one week each before sending them to the next person on the mailing list. 

Rosebush

Entwined  

I'll soon be getting

Afterlife (Evernight Series #4)

I also signed up for a NetGalley account which is to have an ebook copy of the book sent to you so I requested several but so far I have been confirmed for

The Vespertine  

Plus I won an awesome contest recently for Nightshade  The Scorch Trials and Tyger Tyger  

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Lexa

Jeez Stop, you're making me blush:smileyvery-happy:

And it does seem that your having a good couple of weeks!!!

BC

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but, my dad is doing Great!!! It was an in-out patient, so right now I'm just helping him get up and walk alittle, but other than that he is great!!!

So I started the third book to my series its

Cursor's Fury (Codex Alera Series #3) 

So what is everyone reading!!!!

Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

BC- Just thought I'd update yall on what I'm reading. As of right now, I'm reading 13 Little Blue Envelopes. It is actually pretty good! A lot better than I was excepting. Anyways happy readings to you all!

Hypnotically Entranced
Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Nick - Glad your dad is doing okay!  Just finished reading Will Grayson, Will Grayson.  I wasn't very impressed..in fact, I don't really know what to think about that book.  But, anyway, I think I'm going to read I Am Number Four next.  Since I have my rule about reading the book before seeing the movie, I figured I better get on it since the movie comes out in February.

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Lexa- Heyy! I know I have not been on in forever that is becase I've been grounded... :smileysad: Thirst is great! I'm not sure what page I'm on, but I'm almost to the last story. How about you? And I don't think your the youngest on here, I'm 13. :smileyhappy:

Lexie- Sorry to see you leave :smileysad: I wish you luck with everything you do! :smileyhappy:

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison