Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Re: Online book club

Hey all, welllll its not going to be Monday. Hayden had a few more episodes his last on the 31. so he is now on day 2 of no episodes. but I do have good news, they took him off oxygen! and other than 2 episodes he is doing great! so it looks like he wont need it when he comes home. which I am thinking will be Thursday.

Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

I'm a little late on this but..............

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Fallen- I saw Need on the nook for cheap but since I'm getting the third one in physical paper I like them to match so I used a 60% off coupon and a gift card I got for xmas to get it really cheap. I saw that you won the books on Pure Imagination because I follow her blog as well, congrats on those books I've been wanting to get Shade!

Katie- Yeah I was thinking we were getting confused on the book but I'm glad we got it figured out :smileyhappy:

Nikki- Aw I hope Hayden stops having episodes and that you can bring him home soon.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Lexa- Yeah I completely understand. I'm the same way. I know i've been wanting Shade too. I was so close to buying it the other day. Now i'm glad I didn't! Hah

Nick- Yes you were a little late :smileytongue: 

Nikki- I hope he get's to come home this week!!

Hypnotically Entranced
http://hypnoticallyentranced.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

I have been reading Beautiful Darkness and I have to say I am not quite liking it. Leah is kinda getting on my nerves, her issues poor Ethan who seems really nice has to chase her and try to find out what the hell is in her head. Its like a one way relationship. Does anyone have any insight since we were already suppossed to read this and I dont remember the chat on it?

Nikki glad to hear the news!

Nick better late than never.

Will anyone be reading HON8 this week when it comes out or waiting on the schedule time? Looking forward to the cont!!!

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Nikki - Hope little Hayden gets to come home this week!

Kelly - It seems like forever ago that I read Beautiful Darkness...if I remember correctly, I liked it better than Beautiful Creatures.  BD was more of a page-turner for me.  Lena definitely started to get on my nerves, but I really like Ethan and Link's characters.  Hang in there...some intense stuff does eventually happen!  As far as HON,  I feel like it's been ages since I've read that series!  I'm still waiting to get Tempted and Burned from the library...I'm afraid I may be behind for a while longer.  In the meantime, I'm finally making decent progress on my TBR pile!

BC - Hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of the new year...and doing well with any new year's resolutions!  My resolution is basically already shot, but it was pretty much a lost cause from the start...lol (pretty sad, huh?)!

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Contributor
a_gilmore_girl129
0 Kudos

Lexa-I am glad too:smileyhappy:

BC- I am really late but is Torment worth finishing?? Its just moving really slow for me!

My Blog:http://cobforever.blogspot.com/
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Kelly- I haven't read tempted or burned yet so even once I get my copy of Awakened in the mail I wont be reading it right away because I'm not up to date on the series. I don't think we are chatting about Beautiful Darkness but I could be wrong. Someone did just post the schedule though a few posts ago.

BC- Well I'm debating on whether or not I should advertise for a partner for my blog. I'm kind of anal about the stuff that I run though so I'm not sure having another blogger on my site would be good for me. Hope everyone is having a good vacation. I still have two weeks left before I start again! Although my job recently asked me if I would be willing to work closer to 30 hours per week so maybe I wont have that much reading time after all.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Yeah I know Better late than never!!!!!!!!!

Lexa

I'm with you on the not having a partner, I'm kind of OCD like that too, anyways on the other hand it could open you to another audience and other ideas!!!!!! 

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Nick- See this is why I'm torn, I would love to have someone join my blog who reads sci-fi and urban fantasy stuff because I'm slowly getting into that genre but at the same time I'm anal about it. It would open my blog to more people and it would then have more posts and reviews done per week since I can't read 3 books a week. I like things to be run a certain way though. Guess I will keep debating.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Lexa

Well you could make them an employee rather than a partner if you get what I mean!!!!!!!! like only allow them to make posts on their reviews and run any ideas through you before yall implement them!!!!!! and Sci-fi and urban fantasy would be Cool!!!!

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Lexa I thought it was something the chat already did, but I could be mistaken too. Anyway wish you were caught up to me on HON to have someones input.

Haven't read torment yet so I cannot tell you either way sorry. Its on the TBR shelf.

BC spoiler, Beautiful Darkness - since I last posted the book is getting better. Love Ethan and Link, so mad about Lena but I have a feeling it is not her true feelings and something is up and Ethan will find out what. Does anyone know how many books are in this series?

Happy Reading, Nikki keep us posted!

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Kelly - Glad you're liking BD better now!   According to Kami Garcia's website, there are supposed to be four books in the series which is called the Caster Chronicles.  Books 3 & 4 are scheduled to be released in the Fall of 2011 and Fall of 2012, respectively.

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Lexa- Yeah I had that same debate a few months ago with my blog, but then I finally decided on it. I let one of my really good friends be a partner. He really different genres than I do, so it bought a whole new crowd to my blog. He is really trustworthy too. We both discuss stuff before we post or do anything to the blog. I find it a lot less stressful having someone help me with the blog!

Hypnotically Entranced
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Nick- Yeah I was thinking that if I took someone on that they would have to run everything through me first. At least at the beginning before I learn more about them and start to trust them. I know sci-fi and fantasy would be cool if I found someone who reads a lot of that to include it in the blog.

Kelly- Now that you mention it I do think that the group talked about BD already. I wish I was caught up as well but there are only so many hours in the day :smileyindifferent: I also have BC and BD on my shelf to read so I hope you like them.

Fallen- Yeah none of my friends would blog with me lol.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Hayden is coming home Wednesday! as long as no episodes, they put him on caffeine and that is helping him not have episodes so I really dont think he will have any. ohh and NO OXYGEN!!! he will come home on the monitor but that is only a precaution, and the only meds he will be on is the caffeine and a muti vitamin. I am so excited, I cant wait!

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Nikki- That is great news! I'm glad Hayden is finally coming home. I hope he stays healthy.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Contributor
a_gilmore_girl129
0 Kudos

Nikki- Thats great news!!! I hope everything goes great for y'all:smileyhappy:

My Blog:http://cobforever.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Awesome so glad to hear more books are still coming out in the Caster Chronicles. Lexa I recommend them.

Excited to have HON8 coming in the mail soon. I have been off work for a couple weeks and have had time to read, its sssoooo nice. When I have time I usually fly through books fast, which makes my TBR pile not so overwhelming :smileyhappy:

Nikki that is awesome news. Players are answered.

After I am done reading BD, HON8 then Torment, which do you recommend I start Wicked Lovely Series, Need, Spells and Wings or something else I dont have yet? I wish some of my other series books were released already :smileysad: Like desires of the dead or city of fallen angels.

Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Nikki- YAY! That's fantastic!! I'm so happy for you and Hayden!!

Hypnotically Entranced