Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Re: Online book club

Nikki

YEAH!!!!! I'm so happy that Hayden is Coming Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck!!!!

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Pictures, Images and Photos
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader

Sooooooo.........

HAYDEN'S HOME!!!!! a day early!!! he's doing great!

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Nikki - That's great news!!  So happy for you!!

HON - Finally got Tempted and Burned from the library today, so I'll be getting caught up pretty quickly.

Kelly - I recommend the Need series...of course, from the books you mentioned, those are the only books I have read.  Need was just okay for me, but the rest get progressively better.  Entice was really good!  Anxiously awaiting the next book in the series!

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Nikki

Let the Sleepless Nights start!!!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Nikki- YAY!! I'm happy that you have Hayden home with you now.

Kelly- I would recommend Wings, I haven't read Spells yet, I own it though. Aprilynne lives in AZ so I've meet her a handful of times and she is great. I didn't think I was going to like Wings and it is a little slow for the first 50 pages but it picks up after that.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Nikki- YAY YAY! Whoop Whoop! And totally agree with Nick. Lots of sleepless nights!

Nick- Hey thanks for joining my blog! I was gonna comment but I was afraid of confusing the contestants. lol So welcome! 

Hypnotically Entranced
http://hypnoticallyentranced.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
a_gilmore_girl129
0 Kudos

Kelly- I really liked Need and Wings! I would suggest those for you to read. I really liked how they were about fairies and stuff. I tried getting into Wicked Lovely but just couldn't get into it! It was extremely boring to me and just wouldn't move as fast as I would have liked it to.

My Blog:http://cobforever.blogspot.com/
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Katie- I hope Wicked Lovely is something I like because back  when there was that huge author tour going on I bought the first three books in that series and got them signed by melissa marr. Hopefully I like the storyline otherwise I spent money on extra books I wont read.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Contributor
a_gilmore_girl129
0 Kudos

Lexa- I know people that really liked the series so I am pretty sure you might like it. I don't know I am not usually a picky reader but that one for me was just really hard to get in to. I hope you enjoy them though!

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Nikki YAY! Keep us posted on Hayden. You poor thing, I can only imagine the stress. Are you doing any reading?

Thanks everyone for your input. I think I will start with Need and then go onto Wings and Spells after that. I don't think I want to get into Wicked Lovely yet until that 5th book is released and I have more time for all 5 in a row, like when I did HON there were not a whole lot of new releases that I wanted to read during that time frame. Once I am in a series I hate to jump around (OCD) unless I have to bc the next book is not out like with HON8.

There are quite a few books being released in Feb and March that I want to read right away.

What is everyone reading right now? Is anyone reading Matched from the scheduled list? If so make sure you let us know how it is.

Lexa do you think we should start a new post since we would be starting a new book? I have not seen Korts on here in a long time. We didn't start a new one last time in Dec.

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Kelly - I just finished Matched last week...I really liked it!  It has the same ideas as The Hunger Games, there just isn't as much action.  Really looking forward to the next book in the trilogy!

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone! and no I didnt get much sleep last night. Hayden didnt seem to want to go back to sleep after he ate. he is having episodes where his heart rate drops but he comes back up on his own pretty quickly.

Kelly- no not much, every once in a while I will pick up my nook but I am still on HON book 6 Tempted.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Katie- Thanks for wanting to do that guest post on my blog! I'm interested to see what you will write about.

Nikki- Hope Hayden continues to stay strong and well. I hope you get some sleep eventually.

Kelly- If everyone wants to start a new thread we can. That way the schedule can be fresh on the top of a new thread. I'd hate to have anyone think I'm taking over Korts idea but we could use a new thread.

BC- So I won a contest months ago and the person finally sent me the books but she also sent me a few that weren't part of the contest to make up for it being late I guess. She sent me two books I already own so I was wondering if any of you would want them. The books look gently used but still in very good condition. The books are..

A Blue So Dark

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Series #3)

So if you want one of these or both of them I'm willing to mail them out to you guys.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

BC

Okay I agree with yall, that we need a new thread!!!!!!!!!

Sooooo...school starts in a week, who is excited!!!!! (big sigh)!!!!!! sorry I'm really bored sitting here and watching the news!!!!!

Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Lexa- If you really don't mind I wouldn't mind having A Blue So Dark. I could pay you if you want me too for the mailing. 

My college starts next tuesday. My online class has already started

Hypnotically Entranced
http://hypnoticallyentranced.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
a_gilmore_girl129
0 Kudos

Lexa- I am really excited!! Thanks for the opportunity! Oh and I would love Mockingjay!! I still have to read the first two but that shouldn't take me long:manvery-happy:

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Lexa I am good w the new post, I don't feel you would be taking over Korts job, just filling in. Not sure if something is going on with her, hope all is well. Let us know when you start the new one so we can jump over :smileyhappy:

Started Torment today, forgot I had that one on the shelf :smileyhappy: I love having all this time to read, I am flying through books I needed to catch up on.

I think I am going to purchase a few books this week, Captivate, Entice, Matched.

Does anyone have an opinion on the iron daughter, iron queen and iron king series? And they do not come in Hardback, what the shit?

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Fallen- You don't need to pay me for shipping. However I do need guest posts on my blog for the beginning of Feb, would you like the guest post? no pressure I just thought I would ask. You can email me your address at apk1princess(at)live(dot)com

Katie- trust me the hunger games is awesome. just email me with your address so I can send it out to you.  

Kelly- Since the author of the Iron Fey series is new they only came out with her books in paperback so far. But you know sometimes later on when they see how popular the author is they rerelease the books in hardcover for the people who want them. I have heard the series is amazing. I own the first two but haven't read them yet. I also own Need and Captive now.

BC- I'm going to start us a new thread so everyone can hop over there! :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Lexa- Did you post the new thread yet? I can't seem to find it.

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Yes I did it is like the fifth one done on the main page.

Pages of Forbidden Love