Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
a_gilmore_girl129
0 Kudos

Re: Online book club

Lexa- I love how you did the list! The categories you chose where very well thought through and gives a good idea of what every book is about! This is definitely a great idea for people to use to their advantage :smileyhappy:

My Blog:http://cobforever.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

haven't participated in this book club in months! i think the last time was Beastly...or one of the very first books you choose, i forgot. I missed being on the boards and hope to discuss some of these books with you. (it gives me an excuse to have my parents buy The Lost Hero) 

----------------------------------------------
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Abbey, Lexie and Katie- Thanks for giving me great feedback on the new list. I was bored at work yesterday so that's why I actually had the time to do that list.

BC- Well my mom went to a book signing for James Owen (author of the Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica Series which I posted earlier this week I was reading the first book of). I wanted to go because I have heard he is a great author in person but I was stuck at work so my mom went for me instead and told me all about it. Sounds like there are two more books (there are currently 5 books out in that series) planned for the series. I guess he showed off some great artwork of his that pertains to the story line (at the beginning of each chapter there is always a drawing that pertains to the chapter). So I would suggest that if any of you are into fantasy that you read this series and if you get a chance to meet him I would. He lives in AZ though so I hope I will one day get to see him at a signing since this is where I live.

Have a great rest of your weekend everyone.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Contributor
MollieMayhem
0 Kudos

BC- This weekend has been crazy busy. We went on a mini road trip to the Alabama/Tennessee game (which was tons of fun since bama won :smileyhappy: I pretty much spent most of the weekend in a car but it gave me a lot of time to read so it wasn't so bad. I finished Vampire Academy #5 and am now impatiently waiting for the 6th to come out in Dec. I also read Going Bovine by Libba Bray which was very funny and I started Beautiful Creatures which I can not put down. Off to do some homework and then read some more! How was everyone's weekend?

Inspired Contributor
a_gilmore_girl129
0 Kudos

BC-Well on Saturday I was stuck in a school for 5 hours for choir so I got to to read a lot! I am reading Paranormalcy and it has just gotten really good and I can't wait to see how it ends.Hopefully I get my hw done fast so I can read and just chill for a while!

My Blog:http://cobforever.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Yes I am still alive...lol Not much reading lately, Abbey sorry I have no current news on the HON I am still on #4 and have so much life stuff going on right now. My 2 daughters keep me so busy. Anyway glad everyone is doing great. 

Happy Reading!

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Awakened

For all the HON fans I thought I would show you all the new cover for the 8th book. It looks very pretty and it's making me really very curious about what the hell has been happening that someone has wings. I guess it could be Kalone or however the heck you spell his name but I guess I need to catch up to make assumptions.

Pages of Forbidden Love
New User
dhstarr
0 Kudos

Hi there:

I'd like to let you know about another young adult romance title, slightly different than the ones you listed...although I absolutely adore the Twilight series.

I wrote a book called Wrestling With Desire which follows two high school boys who fall in love and have to deal with the complications, fears, and ultimate rewards of being true to themselves.

Given the current issues around bullying gay kids, I think this is a great book fro the times.

You can find it at Featherweight Press (www.featherweightpublishing.com). It's available in eBook and will soon be out in paperback as well.

DH Starr

Frequent Contributor
WriterMom
0 Kudos

Hey Everyone... No I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I know it's been a few months ,but I've been just so damn busy. Between 6 nights a week and my position at work. i've almost no time to my self. I probably should have just wrote a litle hi from time to time but when i did have free time i was reading. So, I hope everyone is doing well and i will try to drop in again soon. Football will be over soon so my nights will free up.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN.:smileyvery-happy:

Nikki Congrats on having Hayden...My prayers will be with him to get big and strong soon.

The Boondock Saints Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Hey did everyone forget to write yesterday Oct 30, I think it was Torment. I didn't read it yet but no one is on anymore. Where is everyone? Almost done with HON 4 thankfully. I have zero time to read.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

I think I fell of the face of the earth lol This past few weeks have been so crazy and wild that I lost track of time. I finally finished Scorch Trails yesterday and it was confusing, but good and I gave it a 5/5. It was good, but I still like the first book better because it seemed like in the first the characters had a little bit more hope, but I truly can't blame them because of how much they've had to do. I kinda started Beautiful Darkness, but since it was Halloween today I didn't really read much. Btw Happy Halloween. Halloween has to be my favorite holiday and if there was a choice then I would celebrate it everyday xD So I just got back home with my friends. I was a witch, my friend Jordann was a zombie, and my other friend Amanda was a demon (to me she looked like a vampire). Just looking at my bag of candy makes me gain 10 pounds. I did finish Torment, so here is my thoughts:

TORMENT BY LAUREN KATE SPOILER***

I did enjoy this book, but I do like Fallen better in some ways. It hurt to read about Daniel and her fighting a lot. I did like reading about about the new characters and that new boy (hehe). It was fun reading more about Cam and all the other characters from the last book. I am looking forward to the 3rd book Passion, but I heard it's more like a prequel into Daniel's and her past because when she passed through the shadow she was sent back to find out their past lifes. I just hope they find each other again and finally find out a way to solve their problems.

I know it's a short review, but I read it over a month ago and most of it is kinda fuzzy. There is a better review on my blog and channel. Btw I won 3 contests this week. The books I recieved from the contests are Dead tossed waves, Pegasus, and Crave. I also got a $25 gift card to B&N and bought Forest of Hands and Teeth and Dust City. Dust City sounds amazing and it's like a remake of little red riding hood and the big bad wolf. Well I am going to go to bed cause I am sooo tired. Bye!  

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Ok sorry guys i have been very busy with college and things. but here is my review for Torment that I wrote on my blog 

Ok....Well....First off, Torment did not meet up to my expectations!

I think it dragged out way too long in the beginning, middle, and up til like the last 60 pages. I hated the way Daniel treated her in this book. Personally, I actually am rooting for Miles right now. Daniel just pissed me off way too much in  the beginning of the book  and continued it throughout. He treated Luce like a baby. If he really wanted to protect her, he would have informed her on, at least, the major details of what was going on and what it was leading up too. It took up way too many pages leading up to that little tiny fight at the end. There was no action in this book at all. Yeah, Fallen was a little slow in the beginning, but you should expect that because its the first book in a series. But at least Fallen picked up in the middle-ish of the book. Torment just went on and on about how she wanted to know about her past and that Daniel was lying to her. We only found out very little about her past! After 300 and something pages worth of talking about it and we found out really nothing important. Besides the elderly people in the nursing home and her sister Vera! That's freakin it!! Come on! Seriously!?!? I just think that Lauren Kate could have made this 452 page book into an easily 250 page book! Of course this is just my opinion. I will still continue the series because I think its gonna be interesting to see how Daniel finds Luce in  the Announcers. Since, we have no clue what time and what place she "traveled" too.

Well I hope you guys are having a good day. Sorry this is late. Happy readings to all! Oh and happy late halloween! lol 

Hypnotically Entranced
http://hypnoticallyentranced.blogspot.com/
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

BC- Glad to see some of us are still alive. I am also pretty busy with college and when I'm not busy with that I have friends who wanna spend time with me and lately my reading time has become nonexistant because I'm also trying to keep up with the blogging world. I didn't read Torment because I never read Fallen, maybe someday I'll get around to reading them. I hope everyone had a good and safe Halloween.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

BC - Wow...it's been over a week since I've been on here!  (Scratches head)  Let me see if I remember how to do this...lol.  Hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween.  Things have been pretty crazy for me, as it seems is the case for everyone this week.  School, work, and the other usual stuff getting in the way of what I would rather be doing: reading!!  Finished Torment last week, and am still a bit confused, but hopefully the next book will clear things up.  I just saw the new cover for the next book in the HON series, and I love it!  Last week, I got all excited waiting for HON #6 to come in the mail, and for some reason B&N cancelled my order, so now I have to figure out what the heck is going on...I was really anxious to find out what happens next but I guess I'll have to wait.  Anyway, hope everyone has a great rest of the week!:smileyhappy:

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Well I started HON 5 and I wish they would give us a little more info as to what the hell is going on... this is "bullpoopy". haha Zoey humor. Anyway I feel a little HON burned out, but I want to get through them and move on.

Looking forward to my Vampire Academy 6 in Dec, yeah! I can not think of any other books coming out soon that I want to read. Everything good comes out next year...BOO. Oh well that will give me time to catch up after this HON crazy. I have not read Torment or Beautiful Darkness or Hush Hush/Crescendo. So I am behind to say the least. If I do not get done w HON before VA6 comes out, Zoey and her fledglings are going to have to wait.

Anyway hope everyone is doing well, I know life gets busy. I feel alittle off when I don't make time to read and chat with you guys. Have a good one :smileyhappy: 

Frequent Contributor
ley2003grad
0 Kudos

Sorry I haven't respond everyone...my great grandmother whom I was very close to passed away....I've been trying to deal with it but it has been very hard......

I read Torment and i loved it...I was so relieved when it came in the mail.....

I really was glad it began where it had left off so I didn't miss anything. I know that Miles is on our side but i wonder if they isn't something else going on with him...Maybe it's just me...idk.

I really can't believe that Cam and Daniel are working together...it stunned me in the beginning.

I don't really get how someone can't decide good over evil and why it's taking Daniel so long to make a decision....one I would've made already...The surprising ending really has kept me on the edge of my seat waiting for Passion to come out next summer....

The Hollow is amazing...whoever suggested this one was brilliant.

I could never imagine, all the things that occur in this book and the writer did a wonderful job...seriously.

Abbey is fighting with all these emotions, loss, anger, and love.....Beautifully written.

Pages of Adventure
My blog ley2003.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

I am so sorry to hear about your lose.

Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

I am very sorry too. You and your family are in my prayers. 

Hypnotically Entranced
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Hey everyone hope all is well, sorry to hear about your loss.

I can not remember the line up, can anyone repost it. Not sure how many book are left on our list. Do you guys think we need to start suggesting the new books to vote on for the upcoming months.

Still on the HON5, work and my childrens extra activites are using up alot of my time. Before we know it that bad word that starts with a "C" will be here on December 25th...ugh to soon! All the websites are starting to change over to holiday stuff, I just got an email from b&n giving me an early gift of 25% off a book. Bah Hum Bug!

I miss getting on here and hearing updates about everyone, you all must be really busy. Hope to hear from everyone soon. ttyl

Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. I applied to two colleges the other day. I have to take the SAT again on Dec. 4 and im taking the ACT for the first time on Dec. 11. Ugh gosh senior year is really hitting me. My college classes im taking right now are pretty easy. 

BC- How is everyone? What is everyone reading?

Hypnotically Entranced