Correspondent
SpunkiiReader

Re: Online book club

hey everyone, I thought Id give you all an update. Hayden is doing good, he is up to 3 lbs 8 ounces. and now we are just waiting for his lungs to get stronger so he can breath on his own. we are hoping to have him home for Christmas!

Frequent Contributor
ley2003grad

Firelight 

I've already read Thirst no 1, I have the 2nd and 3rd at home though.

Pages of Adventure
My blog ley2003.blogspot.com
Author
JacquelineSeewald

I can't help observing that so many of the Teen Reads are paranormal fiction.

Is there any interest in coming of age/romance fiction for teenage girls? I

ask this since my YA novel STACY'S SONG has just been published by

L&L Dreamspell in both trade paperback and e-book format. The reviews

so far have been great. But there are no werewolves, vampires, ghouls,

ghosts or zombies. What's your opinion? Will teenage girls consider reading

this novel??

Frequent Contributor
korts

Nikki-that is so good to hear!!  I am glad he is doing good and that he is getting stronger.  oh how fun to have your baby home for christmas!!!  oh man now you get to do christmas shopping for him.  i bet you already have way awesome things for him.  please keep us updated.

Lexa-thank you for posting how the club works.  and some of the books we have read i am going to try and see if i can fill in the rest of the books.

books we have read-hush, hush, Torment, The Lost Hero, The Hollow,  The Great and Terrible Beauty, dang this is hard let me keep thinking.  everyone keep thinking.

okay i am going to make the list and then we can make our final votes and then i will make the schedule.  i am ready for some new reads.  I am so excited for Christmas I asked for so many books.  hopefully i can read some of those in between our reads.

Frequent Contributor
korts

i have done a little research here are some more books we have read...Mocking Jay, Clockwork Angels, White Cat, Beautiful Creatures, Pretty Little Liars, Beastly, Hex Hall, Claire de Lune, Eclipse Novella

Frequent Contributor
korts

okay so many posts from me!  heres a couple ideas.  i am going to throw some out there.  i made a list like i always do of the books that everyone has mentioned so far.  there are a total of 11 books.  so we could come up with one more and go through to May and then start voting for June and after.  I could say that we are going to vote for 8 and just do through to April but there are so many good books it is kind of hard to chose.  what do you guys think?  

make the list through May?

Put a limit to 8 books and only go through to April?

let me know as soon as you can so we can get this done and people can start asking for some of these for christmas if they want.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

Korts- Thanks for all the great posting. I think maybe just go through April because there will be even more great books we will want to read by April and that way if new people join over time their votes can be considered as well at some point so I don't think we should go too far out. But this is just my opinion.

Tiffany- I know you said you wanted to read Thirst pretty soon and I picked up a copy of it today so if you would like we can take that out of the voting and you and I could read it on the side and talk about it with each other. Just an idea, let me know what you think :smileyhappy:

BC- I promise I'm not trying to promote myself here but I just wanted to let you all know that I'm currently giving away a copy of Matched  on my blog and since several of you were some of my first followers ever I would love it if the person that gets drawn as the winner was one of you guys! My blog link is in my signature. Again sorry if this seems like promoting I just want you all to have a chance to win a book that we actually want to read as part of the book club. :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

Lexa555 wrote:

Tiffany- I know you said you wanted to read Thirst pretty soon and I picked up a copy of it today so if you would like we can take that out of the voting and you and I could read it on the side and talk about it with each other. Just an idea, let me know what you think :smileyhappy:

Sure, sounds good to me.  Do you think anyone else would want to join in?

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

Tiffany- I'll ask

BC- Hey everyone so Tiffany and I were thinking about reading Thirst #1 on the side since it seems like only her and I were suggesting the book for our voting. So is everyone on board with taking Thirst off the voting and anyone who would like to read it on the side with me and tiffany can.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

Lexa555 wrote:

Tiffany- I'll ask

BC- Hey everyone so Tiffany and I were thinking about reading Thirst #1 on the side since it seems like only her and I were suggesting the book for our voting. So is everyone on board with taking Thirst off the voting and anyone who would like to read it on the side with me and tiffany can.

Sounds good :smileyhappy:

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Correspondent
FallenVamp

Tiffany and Lexa- I have been wanting to read it. So I would like to read it with yall!

Nikki- glad your son is doing good! 

Korts- Yeah I agree with Lexa on this on, through April. Because new books are released all the time. Lol

Hypnotically Entranced
http://hypnoticallyentranced.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

FallenVamp wrote:

Tiffany and Lexa- I have been wanting to read it. So I would like to read it with yall!

Cool, I wonder if there's anyone else or shall we just pick a date to start reading together??

Frequent Contributor
korts

okay here are the votes that are up for voting.  please vote for only 8 books.  heres the list. sorry i took a while to get it up thats my fault.  but finally here it is...

Matched-Ally Condie

Nightshade-Andrea R. Cremer

Firelight-Sophie Jordann

Paranormaclcy-Kiersten White

Captivate-Carrie Jones (this one would be the next in the series and we are reading the first in  december)

Crusade-Nancy Holder, Debbie Viguie

Thirst No. 1-Christopher Pike (I think this one is out because people are reading on the side  please let tiffany57 or lexa know if you want to join them) 

Awakened-P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast

Desire of the Dead (Feb 15th)-Kimberly Derting

Demon glass (Feb 15th)-Rachel Hawkins(this we also read the first one of)

City of fallen angels (April)-Cassandra Clare

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat

Here are my votes:

1. City of Fallen Angels

2. Matched

3. Nightshade

4. Firelight

5. Paranormalcy

6. Captivate

7. Crusade

8. Awakened

Korts - Thanks for taking care of all the voting stuff!!

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami

Here is my votes:

• Matched-Ally Condie
  • Nightshade-Andrea R. Cremer
  • Firelight-Sophie Jordann
  • Paranormaclcy-Kiersten White
  • Desire of the Dead (Feb 15th)-Kimberly Derting
  • Demon glass (Feb 15th)-Rachel Hawkins(this we also read the first one of)
  • City of fallen angels (April)-Cassandra Clare
  • Crusade-Nancy Holder, Debbie Viguie

Btw I hope everyone is having a awesome weekend. Nikki it's great to hear about your child. So glad to hear how well he is doing. =)

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
FallenVamp

I just got Nightshade and Firelight in the mail! Yay!

My votes:

1. Nightshade

2. Firelight

3. Demon Glass

4. Paranormalcy

5. Crusade

6. Awakened

7. Thirst

8. City of Fallen Angels

Happy votings!

Hope you guys are having a nice night and enjoying ya'lls reading!

Hypnotically Entranced
http://hypnoticallyentranced.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

City of Fallen Angels

Awakened

Desires of the Dead

Matched

Captivate

Demonglass

Sorry Korts that is it for me, I don't have any others I really want to read.  Not sure I want to read the last three of my votes but if I am not reading anything else I will join the discussion.

I will also be reading Vampire Academy#6 in Dec if anyone wants to join me in that final book for that series.

Nikki so glad to hear an update on the baby. I'm still praying for safe home coming.

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

fallenvamp did you tell tiffany57 that you wanted to read thirst no. 1? she and lexa and some others are going to read it on the side. I am not sure when they are starting the reading but make sure you check with them.  i took thirst out of the voting if you would like you can have one more vote. i think i am going to keep voting open til tuesday night midnight, 12 AM PST.  There are already obvious front runners but i just want to make sure everyone has a chance to vote.  here are my votes.

demonglass

desire of the dead

captivate

matched

crusade

paranormalcy

nightshade

Firelight

I will no matter what be reading desire of the dead on the side.  I read the body finder so i want to continue the series.

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Yeah, we are reading it on the side.  I don't know when we are gonna start though.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Here are my votes:

I haven't read The Body Finder yet even though I own it and I haven't read Hex Hall, Also I've only read the first book in the MI series but I'll vote for the last three books on my list anyways to make the 8 books.

Matched-Ally Condie

Nightshade-Andrea R. Cremer

Paranormaclcy-Kiersten White

Crusade-Nancy Holder, Debbie Viguie

Awakened-P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast

Desire of the Dead (Feb 15th)-Kimberly Derting

Demon glass (Feb 15th)-Rachel Hawkins(this we also read the first one of)

City of fallen angels (April)-Cassandra Clare

Fallen and Tiffany- Whenever you both wanna start is fine by me. I know that Thanksgiving weekend is coming up soon and most of us are busy with family stuff so I don't know if we want to start this coming week or wait till after Thanksgiving, althought I hope to get a lot of reading done over that long weekend so maybe we could start this coming week.

Korts- Thanks for taking care of all of this stuff to keep the bookclub running smoothly.

Pages of Forbidden Love