Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

Re: Online book club

thanks everyone!

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Yeah I finished Hunted HON, moving on!

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Kelly- Im almost done with Hunted!! I have been just so busy lately!

Hypnotically Entranced
http://hypnoticallyentranced.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Fallen I know what you mean, it seems like I have been on this series 4ever! I wanted to be done with the series b4 Vampire Academy 6 comes out in Dec not sure thats going to happen, I may have to take a break from HON.

Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Kelly- Same here! I have so many other books that I wanna read! Hah

Hypnotically Entranced
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone

Sorry I been out of the loop for so long I miss talking to yall, been pretty busy so I'll try to keep up with yall again.  I see we already voted for new books, dang I missed it!!!!!!!!!! Now there isn't any Manly books hahahaha

Nikki

Congrats on the new edition, I hope yall get to bring him home for Christmas that would be GREAT!!!!!!

HON Peeps

I finished all the books awhile back, but my Nook button broke so I had to send it in to get a new one, so I'm back to paper!!!!!! It's been to long I feel weird reading a paper book. So if yall want to talk about it let me know!!!!!!!!

BC

I hope yall are doing great and had a great Thanksgiving, and to all the new people I havent met I'm Nick, and welcome to the Club!!!!!!!! And I'm reading 

Furies of Calderon (Codex Alera Series #1) 

Its more of an Adult book, but I love this Author!

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Nick- Hey! Did you like the HON? I still can't wait for Awakened =) I'll have to get Burned cause I read it on my nook but since I don't use my nook anymore I just would think it would be weird to have the 8th book in the series with the 1-6 and not have the 7th book lol Plus I need to handbook 101 as well. So your nooks button broke. That happened to me to and we had to wait until a new one came for me which was only like 2 days. Well it's great to hear from you! So glad your back =)

BC- Hello! Haven't talked to any of you for about a week now? Yeah I think it's been a week. So how has everyone been? I finished NightShade last week and also Dust City. Dust City is a like a remake of all the fairy tale story and it was okay. I didn't really care for the writing style, but over all the book was okay. I finally ordered Night Star and Matched, so I can't wait to get those tomorrow or the day after. Also my friend made a amazing header for my blog, which I love! I think it's so cool how he mixed the covers together to make one picture. I also ordered some classics like Dracula, Tale of Two Cities, Oliver Twist, and Dr. Jykll and My. Hyde because I felt like I should start reading more classic stories and a little less of YA books. I did sign up for a winter blog tour for the book Random Magic, which you can only get on Amazon. It's about a Professor and he like loses Alice from Alice in Wonderland and now the main character, Henry has to go inside the book to find Alice in bring her back home. The reason the author picked me for this tour is because she thought I looked like the girl main character lol So this will be fun to get. My other friend who also does a BIG blog did this tour during Halloween and got the same book. He showed me what is inside ad it's amazing. She sent him a lot of goodies plus the book. Oh and before I forget... did any go see Harry Potter 7? I saw it the day it came out and there was no one there besides my dad and me. It was amazing!!!! Okay... well I am off to go read something lol Bye!

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Nick- Glad to see you again. Hope school is going well for you. I actually own that book but I just don't have time to read that right now since I'm reading Thrist with a Fallen and Tiffany. I hope you like the book though.

Fallen and Tiffany- Well I have already finished the first story in the book because I have a lot of school work coming up that I need to get done so I'm mostly going to be reading textbooks coming up.

Lexie- I saw Harry Potter 7 two Saturdays ago and thought it was good. My dad complained that not much happened but I told him that's how most of the 7th book goes. A lot of hurry up and wait for the smaller fights until we get to the bigger battle. Are you talking about Alex's blog? I think its called Electrifying Reads.

BC- I hope anyone that is in school is having good luck with wrapping up their semesters. Good luck on Finals! I might be here very limited amount of time these next two weeks because I have a lot of work ahead of me to finish up my semester.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Lexie

Yeah I like the HON series, but sometimes it gets way to girly for me, no offense ladies, but I like how the authors make it down to earth but still gives us that critical thinking aspect!!!! If that makes sense, and how they give individual POV of different events.  I also like your Blog headline it looks great!!!!!!

Lexa

So far I like the book, I was thinking it was going to be like the Hobbit or something (which I really don't care for) but I love the author so I gave it a chance, It's really interesting and a good read, Just an FYI!!!!!!  And the book you picked up with your 50% off Boarders coupon looks interesting!!!! I think you should drop the Romance scene.....J/K

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Nick- The Marbury Lens? Yes that one does look good and the part I was reading from it at the store implied that it was for older teens which it is about time they make more mature YA books. I haven't read it yet but I'm thinking you would like it. Lol I could never give up on romance books. Oh and Nick pretty soon I'm having 100 follower contest starting on Dec 1st and one of the prizes a person can win is The Marbury Lens. You should enter :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Lexa- Since my father read the books before I even did he knew that the movie wasn't going to be filled with that much action, but my favorite part (Spoiler if haven't read/watched 7th book/movie) is when Dobby almost kills Bellatrix and she asks him if he meant to kill her lol His answer still makes me laugh! Oh and yes it is Alex.

Nick- Yeah HON is really girly at times I can't disagree with that lol But after (even if it is girly lol) reading all the books I just need to know how it ends now =P Oh and thank you so much!

Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Nick- I'm sorta newish. So welcome back anyways. Lol

Lexa- I haven't had a chance to start on Thirst today. But Im going to try my best to start tomorrow. I have finals this week and next week. So Im working my butt off. Hopefullly if I get really behind I can catch up on the weekend.

Lexie- Yeah I saw HP at the midnight premiere. Gosh there were so many people!. I actually really liked this movie. I thought they did a really great job. I like the movie better than the book so far. (spoiler) Do any of you cry when Dobby died?

I hope all of you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

Hypnotically Entranced
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Fallen- (Spoiler for HP 7) I cried sooo hard... to me I think the did the funeral for Dobby a lot better in the book, but that's just me. Its weird cause one second I am laughing at what Dobby says and then the next he is dead =( Omg the worst part in the whole movie is when you hear Hermonie scream.

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Lexa and Fallen- I started it last night (around9:30ish) and I'm on page 46 (chapter 3). I plan on reading tonight also, hopefilly I'll get to page 150 or at least close to it. I think it's really good so far. What do you guys think?

SPOLIER!!! Don't read this if you don't want the book spoiled!!!!!   

I can't beileve she killed Mike, well I can but you know! =D I'd feel so bad for him! And Seymour knew she was going to kill Mr. Castro with the arrow at gym class. That's frecky. I wonder what he's going to be later. Maybe a vampie? Or like Alisa, Lara said: One of the rare mortals that can "connect with other vampires". I think that's what she said. Am I correct?? Well, I'll talk later!

Have a good day everyone!!

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Lexie-(SPOILER FOR HP)Yeah I know her scream was awful! Dobby was one of my favorite characters. I cried like a baby in the book and movie. 

Hypnotically Entranced
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Fallen: How far are you??

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Tiffany and Fallen: I'm currently I think around page 230ish, Idk exactly but I'm already into the second story.

*THIRST SPOILER*

I'll try to not ruin anything. I can't believe how she just killed him without really thinking that much about it. I like Seymore and well Ray isn't really impressing me that much. Can't wait to see what you think as you get farther in the book.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Lexa

Yeah I will enter!!!! And I agree with you on the more mature teen books, just for the fact that it gets boring with young teens and the same problems they face over and over.

Lexie

I have to agree with you about having to know the ending to a story. Hey how is your writing coming along, I hope it's going good. Hey I also saw that your reading Dust City, is it Good!

Fallen

It's good to be back, and your not that newish (if thats a word), It's good to talk to you again.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Nick- It's okay... I am just having this not reading mood right now. This has never happened before that I just don't feel like reading that much, but I'm still forcing myself to read this book cause I need to get it done. So far it's really interesting and nothing like I thought it was going to be (in a good way) when I bought the book. The only problem with the book is that I don't care much about the writing style and I don't really think the author is expanding how the characters look like in the story cause it's getting hard trying to picture the way the characters walk, talk, and act in my head when I'm reading the book. But other then those two problems the book is really good and I just love the idea. In some ways it kinda reminds me on White Cat because the parent is in jail and the main character is a boy that doesn't understand much of who he is and what his plan is in life. =)

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

I agree with the girly stuff in HON... and I  must say that Hunted is the worst of the series. The whole book with Kalona and then 5 pages left in the book she scares him away...woop-dee-doo. There is not enough action in this series for me. But now I am stuck cause I need to know what happens. This is why my favorite series is Mortal Instruments bc there is action from start to finish with C Clares writing style.  Love Stark and that he is her Warrior and love Heath the consort. Things are falling into place for all the characters now and their places. Erik better change his tune quick he is getting on my nerves :smileysad:

I am not a H Porter follower but I will say I am very excited Eclipse DVD comes out on Sat... yeah! Lexie I know you are loosing sleep waiting for this one...lmao!

Nick sorry you were not here for the voting, hope some of the books you can get into...Desire of the Dead for example :smileyhappy: I know it is a story from a girls POV but a great series, loved book 1. I am also looking forward to the Chronicles on Nick #2 by Sherrilyn Kennon I think you read the first book in that series. We didnt have that in the voting. That will be a side read for me.

Hope all is well for everyone, happy reading!