Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Re: Online book club

Kelly

Well you got a partner to read Chronicles of Nick with, cuz that was a great book.....Fighting Crime with a Hawaiian shirt!!!!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Lexie 

Hopefully your reading slump will end soon!!!!

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Pictures, Images and Photos
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Lexa and Fallen: Still on the first! :smileyhappy: Like I said I plan to read tons more once 8:30 hits. Or somewhere around there. (It's 8:12pm)

**Thirst SPOILER**

Thanks, yeah she just got up and crushed his bones like that. (snaps fingers) I wasn't expecting the part where Seymore said, "Don't." I was reading so fast at that part that I had to back up and read it again to make sure I didn't miss anything. =) I didn't. At first I thought Ray was going to completely ignore her in class or something. Then I'm like, okay then he's not! :] I think he's okay, so far. A little weird I think (about getting in the hottub with someone he just met), but okay. I'll try to catch up to your point!

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Kelly - I agree about the HON stuff...there really isn't a whole lof of action in this series, but I have to know how things turn out so I'll keep reading.  It's been a while since I've discussed HON, but I'm still waiting to get Tempted and Burned from my local library to I can keep reading...just so you know that I haven't abandoned reading HON yet.  I have to say that I'm also super-excited for Saturday when I can go pick up my copy of Eclipse! I might have to have a Twilight movie marathon this weekend...I'm not sure my family would appreciate that very much but they'll just have to get over it lol (I have a bunch of Twilight-haters in my house). 

BC - Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!  Counting down the days til Christmas break...I'm sure I'm not the only one!  I started finals this week and finish them up next week, then I finally have a whole month of no school!!  Good luck to everyone else with their finals!  I'm off to try and finish Beautiful Darkness...I think today was the day we were supposed to discuss it right?  I've been so busy lately I haven't had a chance to finish it.  I really like it so far...I think I like it better than Beautiful Creatures.  Anyway, happy reading!

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Tiffany- THIRST SPOILERS

I thought that was very forward that Ray was just getting into a hot tub naked with a girl he knows nothing about! Plus he has a girlfriend and I'm not into relationships where people cheat. Idk this book was published in 1994 and Idk if that is affecting the story somehow with us reading it 16 years later.

Nick- The giveaway post is going to be up within a few minutes from now. I never read the first nick chronicles book but the second one looks good.

Invincible 

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
ley2003grad
0 Kudos

Nick- Hi, I'm Laura...I have my own blog ley2003.blogspot.com. You can check it out, if you like.

Hp spoiler- I watched the movie on premiere night also. My sisters cried like babies I was so busy laughing at them I really didn't get to see the funeral...But Hermione's scream, gave me chills..in the wrong way. I know they had to do the movie this way to keep fans of the books (like me ) happy but I can't wait till next summer for  Part 2.

Everyone- I just finished reading Beautiful Darkness...I don't know if I'm behind or ahead. I've had so much going on: My great grandmother passed away, I had the flu for half a week , and then we found out that my grandmother had colon cancer and we spent a week at the hospital waiting for her surgery and recovery. So if I'm behind don't worry I catch up quickly. 

And I hope all of you had a lovely Thanksgiving with you families.

www.ley2003.blogspot.com

Pages of Adventure
My blog ley2003.blogspot.com
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Lexa-THIRT SPOILER

Yeah, I mean you just met her man! Poor Pat, I think she's going to find out. I had no idea it was published 16 years ago. Wow. I thought it was a new book. I mean not new, new, but maybe published in 2009. I loved Chapter... um 3 was it when she had that flashback when she was a kid? Or was it chapter 4? I'm not sure, but Christpher Pike he is really good at details. I can picture everything, I mean its not like I can't picture things in other books, but he does an excellent job.

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Tiffany- THIRST SPOILERS

I really enjoyed the flash back to her life as a child and young woman before she became a vampire. You can start to see the love/hate connection between her and the first vampire Yanksi (I think thats how his name is spelled). There is certainly a lot of action in this book so far more than romance. The book was published the first time around 16 years ago and this is a reprinting of it.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Hi Laura nice to meet yeah!!!!!

Lexa I'm so in for the contest!!!!!

Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Nick- Same to you. 

Tiffany & Lexa- Yeah Im really behind. I havent had any free time with studying and work. So Ill just have to skip this one out. :smileysad: Sorry. 

Kelly- Hunted one of the worst one in the series. I just can't seem to finish it!

Hypnotically Entranced
http://hypnoticallyentranced.blogspot.com/
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

BC- Yay! I got my package for the book Randon Magic by Sasha Soren. The package is BEAUTIFUL and if you wanna see what I got here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGMXEpFgvmw. =)

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

Hi guys! I dont know if you rember me Im Faith, i havent posted since the summer becasue i spent a semester in Austrailia and did not have access to a computer, but now im ready to start.So sorry about not being able to catch up butt ill catch up quickly.Right now i just started reading the Mortal Instruments series.Is it any good?

"Books are the things that keep us inspired,content,and above all else happy"
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Where is everyone!!!!!!!! It's been like forever since someone has posted!!!! So the Next book is Crescendo right, Ive started it, but got caught in my other book (and plus Crescendo is in my Nook which I still dont have):smileysad:

So how is everyone!!!!!!!! 

Oh and guess what it's my birthday tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! I'm so stoked, but its a lame age of 22!!!!

Hummmm what else can I talk about!!!!! Oh I saw Eclipse the other day, I think the book was still better but whatever!!!!!!

Well I guess I should be off to read or study!!!!!!! Talk to yea ladies later!!!

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Nick I will def read Nick with you, I loved the first book.

Abby and Fallen Hunted was the worst book of the series by far, but to give you a heads up Tempted was the best and had the most action with some def page turners. Glad the series picked up. I am hoping to get through this last one ASAP bc I want to get into my VA6 this week after it ships on Tuesday.

Also I have so many series hanging out there on my book shelf that I have not gotten to bc of HON. Like Beautiful Darkness, Torment, Cresendo, ect....

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

I would also like to read the Nick #2 cause I loved the first one soo much.

Hey everyone =) So I finished Dust City. The only problem I had with Dust City was picturing the characters cause at the beginning of the story I thought Henry (main character) was a werewolf, but found out he was a real wolf but did normal human things (like wearing cloths, drinking beer, running from cops?)... so it was really hard to picture him and some of the other characters that were animals, but acted like humans. Overall I gave Dust City a 4/5. I started Night Star by Alyson Noel. I am only on page 49, but so far its great! I really liked the last book Dark Flame and the plot to this one sounds interesting. After I finished Night Star I will be reading Matched and then finally Random Magic. The tour schedule for Random Magic has finally been posted. If you wanna check it out Click here for the link. I also ordered Please ignore Vera Dietz and Oliver Twist (cause I think I need to read more classics). I also bought Charlie St. Cloud, but I bought it for my friend for a Christmas present cause she LOVED the movie and really wanted the book. I think she is going to get me Claire De Lune cause I don;t haven't in hardcover and I only have it on my nook, which I don't use anymore. So yeah that's everyone. Hope everyone is doing great and I'll cya guys later. =)

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Kelly - I agree...Hunted was definitely not the best of the series.  If all goes well, I'll be going to the library tomorrow to pick up Tempted and Burned.  It's been a while since I've read HON, so I'm kinda excited to see what happens next...and since you said Tempted had a lot of action, I'm even more excited.  I've been trying to get ahead on the books we've chosen for BookClub.  Finished Beautiful Darkness last week (liked it better than Beautiful Creatures) and started Need a couple days ago (kinda slow right now...hope it picks up).  Anyway, thanks for the update!:smileyhappy:  Happy Reading!

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Nick- Happy Birthday!! So I have heard some weird things about Marbury Lens and I'm not so sure I'm going to like it. I'm currently reading three books right now so I'm in no position to start it but hopefully over my holiday break I will read it. Would you like me to mail my copy to you after I read it? It would be then a used copy but I take very good care of my books I promise.

Lexie- I've seen Dust City on the bookshelves at the store and I don't know if I would like that one.

Kelly- Wow I've heard from many people that Tempted was the worst in the series but you seemed to like it. I will have to pick that one off my shelf over the holiday break as well because I know I'm getting Awakened as an xmas present. (its a pre-order so I guess its technically a post xmas gift lol)

Tiffany- How far have you gotten in Thirst?

Hope everyone is having good luck with finishing up the semester and finding some time to read.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Kelly- I'm so glad to hear that about Tempted!

Nick- Oh dude Happy Birthday!

Hypnotically Entranced
http://hypnoticallyentranced.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Kelly

Sounds great cant wait, to read it!!!

Lexa

I would take you up on that offer but, I bought it already just waiting to get my stupid nook back

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Nick- Happy Birthday! I just noticed something.... I am the youngest one here O_O Is that a bad thing?

Kelly- Really? You liked Tempted? Hmm? For me that was the worst book in the whole series. It's just welll.... how it ends. Idk maybe it might just be me... lol But I am really glad you liked it =)

I just wished I had the same luck you had with that book =P

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Nick- Oh okay I just remembered you were interested in it when we talked about the book. Did you do the express delivery of your nook or did you do the slow one where you send your nook back first? Mine recently broke and I got it in good time so I'm not sure why yours is taking so long to get back to you.

Pages of Forbidden Love