Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Re: Online book club

[ Edited ]

BC- Oh forgot to tell you that I finally put up the schedule for Random Magic: Winter Blog Tour on my blog. If you want to check it out to be ready for any up coming giveaways or reviews on the book click here for the link. Oh and btw my stop for the tour is on Dec. 18 =)

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

HON - i thought that all the books were just okay same thing was happening, they would give too much detail and then 10 pages left in the book they would have a smidget of action and then the book was over after Zo got some new tats. Hunted was okay but not much happen for me in that book. Lex I didnt understand what you meant about the ending in Hunted unless you meant Tempted and what happens to Heath and then Zoey. But overall I liked Tempted so far the best in the action dept. Anyway going to try and get through Burned so I can move on to some other TBRs

Excited that more ppl are going to read C of Nick #2 with Nick and I, yeah!

Lexa I am not sure what books to even get for Christmas presents, everything I want is coming out after the new year.

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Kelly- I ended up asking for mostly older books with a few new releases. I asked for a couple books in the Vampire Academy series so that I can read those all at once as well as the Iron Fey Series. I also asked for some after the holiday releases such as Sapphique  Deadly Little Games  Awakened (House of Night Series #8)  which my mom preordered for me. I haven't read C of Nick #1 yet but I still have some time so hopefully I can also read that with you guys. :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Nick- Happy Birthday, havent talked to you in a while. hope school is going great

HON- I am still on Hunted, not a whole lot of time to read nowadays. its a little on the boring side with not much action.

Hayden update- he is doing really well, tomorrow they are taking him off of cpap (which is the machine that is helping him breath) and putting him on a nasal canula (which is the regular oxygen you see people on in hospitals). this is great because he is getting his picture taken with Santa tomorrow evening and it will be nice to not have the cpap covering most of his face. He weighs 4 lbs 14 ounces, almost 5 lbs! once he is on the nasal canula they will try bottle feeding him and when he can eat all his feedings by bottle he can come home!!!

can someone tell me how I can add a pic here, I cant seem to figure it out.

Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Nikki

Thats really exciting about Hayden!!!!!! Hopefully he will get to come home soon. And I agree it has been a long time since we have talked!!!!

Lexa

I did the one were I have to send mine first, and then they send me the new one back!!!!! I guess I underestimated my time to read, cuz I read all my paper books, and know have to go buy more to keep me busy.

BC

Thanks for the birthday wishes Ladies!!!!!

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Nick- I did the one where they send me the new one first before I sent mine back to them. It was a lot faster you should have done it that way. I would see if I have anything on my shelf you might like since I'm trying to get rid of some of my books to make room for new ones but I think at this point I only have girlie ones left.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Lexa

Thanks, for keeping me in mind, I know how busy you are with school!!!!

How are finals going, for me 4 A's down and one more to go!!!

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Nick- Your Welcome. My classes aren't over yet except for my 8 week class that was an A. Sociology looks like it is going to be an A, My health class on mind, body and spirit connection looks like an A but my Latin American Culture class is barely an A right now so we will have to see on that one. My teacher said she liked the idea for my paper and to turn in an essay prospect and then all of a sudden she gave me an F on my essay prospect even though in email she loved my sources and the topic. I just think she doesn't like to give out As so she had to lower my grade somehow. :smileysad:

BC- I'm so excited because I went to a used bookstore close to where I live and they for some reason had a whole bunch of ARCs (advanced reader copies) for sale. Someone must have sold them not knowing what they are worth. So I got

Rival

Vesper

Illegal

The Trust

Pages of Forbidden Love
Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Lexa- That's awesome! I wish my used bookstores had some!

Nikki- Glad to hear the good news

HON- I finally finished Hunted last night! YAY me!

Hypnotically Entranced
http://hypnoticallyentranced.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Nick - Happy Belated Birthday!  I'm right behind ya...I'll be 22 in February!

NIkki - So glad to hear Hayden is doing well!

BC - Took my last final today and am officially on Christmas break!!  YEA!!  I'm so excited to have extra time to read...hopefully I can make a dent in my huge TBR pile!  Might as well get started on it right now!  Happy Reading!:smileywink:

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Fallen- I was so excited I think I just have some good karma because I have been giving books to people who can't afford them or library donations lately so I think my turn around was to get some great ARCs in return. :smileyhappy:

Abbey- SO jealous of you right now, my semester isn't technically over until the 17th but I'm hoping to have everything done by the 15th.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Abbey

I'm so jealous of you too, I don't offical get done till the 14, so all be out before Lexa!!!!!

Lexa

That is so Great, I can't believe you got that many ARC book, that is some good Karma!!!!

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Nick, Abby - Im right ahead of yall I'll be 23 in march.

another Hayden update- he drank his first bottle today! and he did great, he drank over half in the 20 mins they gave him. and as soon as he can drink all 8 feedings by bottle he can come home! he is doing really well on the nasal canula and maybe soon they will take him off of that so he wont need any extra oxygen.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Nick- oh sure lets laugh it up that everyone is done before me! I think I started later than all of you though so it works out in the end.

Nikki- That is great about Hayden I hope he continues with how well he is doing.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

BC- Hey everyone =) I never really saw myself making a post like this when I started doing this bookclub all the way back in January, but I feel like it's time for me to leave. It has so much fun talking and joking around with all of you this past year. I would have never imagined find amazing people like you by just joining a website. It's been great talking about books here and there, but just like the old saying says all things must come to a end and I guess to me this is my time.  I still will be doing my reviews, but I just can't find time in the day to do this as well and I know that's a horrible excuse, but with reading, school, after school programs, and family I just don't even know how I am able to do my book reviews let alone do a bookclub. It feels sad to end it here with everyone finally coming back, good news coming all the time, and great books hitting stores, but I guess it just has to happen. Nikki- I am so glad to hear about your amazing boy doing so well! Hearing that news makes me smile everyday =) Nick- I really hope you have a awesome Holiday and wish you the best for everything your doing. Lexa- Your amazing haha You really made this whole place run and make it a lot easier for all of us. =) Korts- Thank you soo much for starting this great bookclub and making this year that much great for me and everyone else. And to everyone else-  I just want everyone to know that you all are fantastic people and I really truly do wish you the best. Well I guess this is it haha! I am going to miss you all soo much! =)

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader

Aww Lexie, sad to hear your leaving. I enjoyed getting to know you this past year. Good luck with high school!

for those who want to see here is the link to some pix of Hayden

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Lexie sorry to hear that you are going, love hearing stuff about all the book you read, going to miss your posts. If you have time and we are still around drop in and say hi don't be a stranger girlie.

Nikki so happy that your Christmas wishes may come true...bringing him home would be the best miracle ever for you.

Glad to hear everyone will be on break soon, hope you all get some r&r&r - rest relaxation reading...lol

Hon enjoying Burned, good stuff going on in this book too, finally glad its picking up in these last few books. Hate when I have to stop in the middle of a series and wait for more book though.

Lexa I think you will enjoy Vampire Academy, I know I did. The first couple books are exciting but I did not like #5...blah. Good action, friendships and romance. Love Rose you'll see once you read the series. I pre-ordered my copy of Last Sacrifice #6 so I'm just waiting for it to arrive :smileyhappy: I should finish up HON in the next couple days and then moving on to it.

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Correspondent
FallenVamp
0 Kudos

Lexa- Yes some very good karma!! lol

Nikki- He is so cute!!

Lexie- aww im sorry to hear! We will miss you! 

Hypnotically Entranced
http://hypnoticallyentranced.blogspot.com/
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Lexie- Sorry that you are going to be leaving but I still read your blog so we can stay in touch that way.

Kelly- I'm glad to hear that the Vampire Academy Series is good, I'm going to wait till xmas comes around then I will have the first 4 books and I can start them and read them at once if I want.

Nikki- Aw he is so cute with Santa.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Lexie

Sorry that you have to leave, wish you the best of luck on you blog, still going to read you blog and try to say in touch with you on there. Good Luck on you writing too, can't wait for you to be a big author, so we can read your books on the BC!!!!

Lexa

I'm not laughing, I'm simply Gloating!!!!:smileyvery-happy: