Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
korts

Online book club

Here is the new thread.  sorry i don't have the schedule on me right this second so i am hoping that lexa could help me with that.  or someone else.  this is here to talk about books and we all love reading so come read with us! we love new people!

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags

Re: Online book club

No way does this ever happen that I am the first one....hehe!

Oh crap I don't really have anything to say!

******HON4 stuff******

Fallen thanks for the input, I will let you know what I think of Spark later, he was just introduced in the series.

Abbey glad I am not the only one that is thinking "get on with it already" starting to remind me of the Pretty Little Liars series.....blah blah on and on and on with no real "stuffing inside" and then that series had the worst ending ever, all 8 books and I could sum up everything in probably 2 books...ugh waste of time. Okay btw in HON4 on page 12 of the hardback...Zoey makes a new word "pissed-off-ness" and I thought of our badassness...how cool is that.

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags

FYI..... Hush, Hush is available under bargain books for only $5 in hardcover. If anyone doesn't have the book and would like to read it.

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami

I thought about being a little helpful and put the schedule up for everyone. =)

Here is the Online Book Club Reading Schedule:

Oct. 14th: The Hollow by Jessica Verday

Oct. 30th: Torment by Lauren Kate

Nov. 14th: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

Nov. 30th: Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Dec. 14th: Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

DEc. 30th: Need by Carrie Jones

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami

[ Edited ]

BC- Hi! So today is my sisters birthday, she's 12 years old now =P Her "boyfriend" *rolls eyes* gave her a "real" ring (not believing it, trust me when her finger turns green, then we'll know who's the right one). I gave her a gift card to Hollister, which was only $30 so I don't know what she could possibly get there lol a t-shirt, maybe? I also went to the signing and met James Dashner. He was super nice and really funny, but he wouldn't stop talking to my dad uh.. men. lol But yeah, it was awesome when he read the first page in the Scorch Trails to us and when we took pictures. Anyway I finished Torment today which was awesome! That's all I'll say lol I had fun at the creative writing class today, and I also started reading The Lost Hero. The Lost Hero doesn't begin like the other two series he's made, but it still starts with a bang, which I am happy about. Oh and before I forget isn't today the day to talk about The Hollow? I didn't read it cause of Crescendo and all the others books at the time, but just wanted to say that just incase if some people forgot it was today. Well I am going to read some more. Bye!

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

Guess Lexie beat me to putting up the schedule

BC- So I was just at the bookstore and they already had copies of Crescendo out on the shelves. It looks pretty and maybe for xmas I'll ask for the hardcover finished copy since I just have the ARC of it.

So I'm actually starting to enjoy Wings, it's growing on me. Have to see how I like it by the end.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat

Lexie - That's awesome that you got to meet James Dashner!  I loved The Maze Runner...and I just got The Scorch Trials in the mail yesterday...I'm so excited to start it!

BC - Totally forgot yesterday was the day to discuss The Hollow.  ***SPOILERS***  First of all, I loved the main character's name (lol) and I loved the setting.  What better setting for a ghost story do you need than Sleepy Hollow?  Having said that though, I was kinda disappointed.  The whole story pretty much just follows Abbey through her everyday life after Kristen dies.  Nothing really exciting ever happens.  She has a few encounters with Caspian, many of which left me with unanswered questions...like why could Caspian only kiss her and touch her on that one day?  Also, why doesn't Caspian like that old ghost couple (forgot their names) that lives in the woods outside the cemetery, when he, too, is a ghost?  Then, the whole thing with the uncertainty of Kristen's death kinda irritates me...they kinda gave up on finding out anything about what happened.  And who the heck is D?  Usually, I don't mind a longer book, but this one just seemed to drag on...we had to follow Abbey through the most mundane things that she did every day.  (BTW, it's wierd writing about a character with the same name as me lol)  Anyway, I give this book 3/5...it was good, it just wasn't fantastic.  I'm hoping The Haunted will be better and clear up some of my questions.  I thought I was gonna have a hard time waiting for The Haunted to come out in paperback (because it has to match my paperback of The Hollow, of course...OCD again lol), but I don't think it will be a problem...I can wait.  Wow, I just reread through what I wrote, and it sounds really harsh.  It really wasn't a horrible book, there were just some things that really frustrated me. 

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

Hi Ladies

Hope everthing is going okay for yall. Okay I've started HON5 and I got the last hero, so I'm kind of out of the loop....I cant believe Cresendo is out already!!!!!!!!!!

I love the Fall and winter more time to read, the weather is great to read outside too, not to cold or to hot!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk to yallz laterz

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

BC- I spent the morning reading my sociology book and even though we kinda want to talk about more books lately I don't think you all want to hear about my textbook. :smileywink:

Even though Nick is already on HON5 I think I'll wait to read the 6th one with the rest of you ladies.

Happy Friday Everyone!

Pages of Forbidden Love
Frequent Contributor
korts

Abbey-I am reading The Hollow I have figured out what it going to happen it is just really long i think.  i have never read a book this long!  i went on the website and found that they sell the perfumes well 3 of them that she makes.  they have some cool things on there.  also if you go to the website you can get free goodies.  i don't know what they are but all you do is enter your email and address and they send you a confirmation email and tell you to look in your mail box.  oh yeah the website is on the back of the book jessicaverday.com.  by what you wrote i am taking it that you are going to read the haunted?

Correspondent
FallenVamp

BC- Ok guys I finished torment a few hours ago and all im going to say right now is that im kinda disappointed and excited. lol

Hypnotically Entranced
http://hypnoticallyentranced.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat

Korts - Yeah...I'm definitely gonna read The Haunted...I'll probably wait until it comes out in paperback before I read it though.  I visited Jessica Verday's website today, too...I looked at the perfume stuff and thought it was pretty cool!  I really like her website...I love the layout and all the cool stuff she has on it!

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader

BC sooooo.... Baby Hayden Jace was born last night at 8:04 pm he was only 28 along so he is 2 1/2 months premature. he weighs 2 lbs 6 ounces and is 14 in long. he is in the NICU and is doing excellent for being so small. we expect him to be healthy and whole very soon. I am going just fine Im already at home and we will be going to see him soon. I have put up some pix on my facebook Nikki Lopez.

so I will be taking it easy then next few weeks not sure how much reading I will be doning but I'll try to get on and see whats going on.

Frequent Contributor
korts

Nikki-Congrats!!!!!!!!  Oh my i hope he is okay.  I will keep you and your family in my prayers.  is he way to cute?  how are you?  how is your husband?  oh i am just so excited for you!  babies are so much fun.  my little cousin was way premature and way little and see is fine.  they let her come home a little while after staying in the hospital.  it was weird to hold her because she was so lite. you know how normally they are a little bit heavy for your arm?  i couldn't even feel her but she is just so cute.  and your son has a awesome name he is awesome already!!!

Correspondent
FallenVamp

Congrats Nikki! I hope everything goes well! Such a pretty name btw!

Hypnotically Entranced
http://hypnoticallyentranced.blogspot.com/
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami

Nikki- I can't believe its been so long lol It feels like just yesterday you told us you were pregant and now you have a baby! I am so happy for you and your husband! =) The name is just amazing and I wish both of you luck! =)

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat

Nikki - Congratulations!  I'm so excited for you!  I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

HON Readers - Just finished HON 4.  I know I said I was gonna take a break after this book, but this one ended in such a huge way that I have to keep going!  So, that's what I'm gonna go do right now!  Off to start #5...Bye!:smileywink:

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

Nikki- Congrats on Hayden! I hope he is completely ok and that he stays healthy! I'll hop over to your facebook to see pics. Congrats once again and I hope all is okay with you and your husband.

BC- I finished Wings and I actually really liked it and can't wait to read the second book.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Frequent Contributor
ley2003grad

I was just wondering... can anyone join your book club...I read tons of books and can keep up no prob.....even with me running my own blog.

Pages of Adventure
www.ley2003.blogpot.com

Pages of Adventure
My blog ley2003.blogspot.com
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami

[ Edited ]
ley2003grad- Yes, of course! Anyone can join whenever then want to. This a open bookclub and we love having new people come, and talk to us about books. I also have my own blog about books and a few other people here also do too. =) I just started following yours, if that's okay with you. =)

BC- Hey! So right now The Lost Hero is flipping amazing! I just started it yesterday as you all know and now I am already half way done! God! Its just what I have been wanting. It's been over 2 years now since I read the Percy Jackson books and I still can remember everything, which is awesome! I am having a hard time trying to pick if I should read Beautiful Darkness or The Scorch Trails next. They both look amazing for sequels but I just can't pick lol Well I am off to go read some more. Bye!