Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Love2read34
0 Kudos

Re: Peeta or Gale?

Gale cuz she's known him for a long time and she barely knew Peeta until the Hunger Games.

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

i think the girl's name is Marge, or Madge

& i want to say that the whole Gale would die for Katniss and Peeta thing woudn't surprise me, but most of what this woman writes does :smileytongue:

anyways i personally think (hope) that instead of dying, maybe Gale would go with the daughter (M---?) and possibly Katniss and Peeta; he's just so sweet(: but it probably wont play out like that.

Most likely someone is going to die... probably gale or peeta; i dont know what i would do if either of them did!

----------------------------------------------
Contributor
MockingJay
0 Kudos

The mayor's daughter is Madge. :smileysurprised:

Contributor
TatyyGirl

Definitely Gale. They have this incredible bond that has always had them together and loving one another. I really hope that Katniss can just see Peeta as a good friend, brother figure, as opposed to someone for her to be with. I really just don't even like Peeta;

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

MockingJay wrote:

Vampires-and-Spongebob: You said that you seriously doubt that just watching someone will make you fall in love with them, but Peeta told Katniss that he started to love her the moment he heard her sing on the first day of school. They were 5, and for 11 years he's tried to work up the nerve to talk to her.

You also said that Katniss said in the book they had never really spoken to each other. That was before they went into the arena for The Games. Plus, Katniss saw Gale when she was 11(at the ceremony for their fathers after the mine explosion). They didn't officially meet until she was 12(he was 14)(in the woods), and that is when they became friends. So, Gale had seen her when she was 11(he was 13), and Peeta had seen her when they were 5. Gale became friends with her when she was 12(he was 14), and Peeta saves her life when she was 11(gave her bread to survive). Peeta has loved her since she was 5.

Plus...Peeta=Truly, Amazingly, Spectacularly, Awesome! :smileyvery-happy:

What I say is this, just because you meet someone in kindergarton don't mean you're gonny marry them. Pretty much every kid has a crush. Hormones. That might be very well true, but doesn't mean it's real love. You can have a crush on someone, but not love them.

That's what I meant. They never really talked and they probably wouldn't if it weren't for the Games. Of course they talked alot to each other in the Games, it's life or death! By years of friendship, I meant years of friendship with Gale. She might no have met him first, but in real life I seriousy doubt you meet your true best friend or husband/wife in your first 5 years of life. There may have been a few people, but for the most part I seriously doubt it. Once again I say, most warm-hearted people on Earth would give burnt bread to a girl dying of starvation. I know I would. Doesn't mean I love that person, it just means I'm not down-right cruel. Peeta did give her bread at eleven, but that didn't establish an amazing friendship. She met Gale at twelve and their friendship is wonderful! By giving her bread, I consider that not saving her live, but being a good person. I doubt Peeta has loved her since they were 5. Seriously? That is the cheesiest sandwhich I've ever heard about. I met people in Kindergarton. I made friends, I even migh of had a crush, but I did NOT fall in love and about 98.9% of the population will say the same thing. Peeta = scared person. Gale = brave person

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL

Ehhhh... team peeta all the way, no doubt about it, i think he brings out the best in her simple as,
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami

Well, I pick Gale cause she has known him longer and he also makes her more happier, she trusts him more then anyone. Peeta she didn't even really know until the Hunger Games. I mean yeah they shared a piece of bread, but that was really it. Gale also helped her get food and helped her family and his own survived. He's just amazing in my book haha.

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Contributor
Midnight_Reader
0 Kudos

I'm caught between the two.

One one side Peeta has been through the Hunger Games with Katniss and tried to keep them both alive.

While on the other hand Katniss and Gale come from the same walks of life, both lost their fathers, and both know how to survive if all else fails.

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

I agree with you Midnight; though they are both kinda equal, im leaning an inch toward Peeta;

----------------------------------------------
Reader
BeautifulDisaster0623
0 Kudos

Peeta...Enough Said!

New User
jenna_fox
0 Kudos

Definitely PEETA!!!! He is sweet and would do anything for her. Why not choose him? I think it is kinda ironic that his parents own a bread shop and his name is peeta.. haha!!! Good laughs

Correspondent
MilkshakeLMS
0 Kudos

I don't get it why is that ironic?????

" I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it"

Frequent Contributor
michaela27
0 Kudos

haha its a type of bread...pita bread (i think thats how u actually spell it, idk)

lol i never thought of that before.