Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

Percy Jackson movie trailer.. o_o

Ermm.. ok..

So when I found out that Percy Jackson* was going to be made into a movie, I was estatic.

And when I found out that it was being directed by Chris Columbus**, I was -in short- beyond thrilled.

But... umm... then I started seeing the trailers.

And I kept saying I wouldnt say anything bad about the movie, until I saw it, because I had faith in Chris Columbus.. lol

Ok.

But if I have to listen to Percy screaming

THIS.

IS .

A.

PEN!!!

one more time.. I might jump out the window***

Yes, Percy. Good job. Thank you for pointing out Riptide is a pen.

You get a gold sticker for the day.

Umm alright, and also, someone needs to wack that movies casting director on the head.

What on Earth were they thinking when they casted Annabeth???? Isnt that actress in her 20s?   o_O

Alright.

Enough of my ranting, thank you.

Does anyone else have any thoughts about the Percy Jackson movie/trailer  ??

*Good series :smileytongue: lolll

**Directed first two Harry Potter films, which I also personally think were the best, or at least, closest to the book.... :smileyvery-happy: 

***ok. maybe i exagerated. .. a litttttleeeeee... :smileytongue: haaha

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Re: Percy Jackson movie trailer.. O_o

[ Edited ]

In my thought about the trailer it just wasn't what I thought it would be like. I thought it could be better I mean if the director is the director from the first 2 Harry Potter films. The thing that I'm very sad about is the person that plays Annabeth because Annabeth needs to look 12 not 20. O and Grover??????? No comment. I loved the books, but the trailer just doesn't seem as great as I wish it could be but maybe I'm just going over board cause I haven't seen it yet so maybe it isn't bad and the trailer just makes it seem that way. *shrugs* idk what I just hope the movie is going to turn out good.

-Vamp

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

your not going over board. lol. im thinking the same thing. im so glad columbus is directing cus he showed that he stays true to the books when he made the first 2 potter films.. and im hoping thats true with percy jackson. yeahhh the cast is ifffy.. i mean, some people its great. i can not wait to see some people. but yep. annabeth. no. just .. no.. :smileysad:   

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I think the trailer is epic (Take out Annabeth)! I mean THIS IS A PEN line was my favorite. Maybe I'm the strange one, but the trailer has gotten me pumped to see the movie!

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

Re: Percy Jackson movie trailer.. o_o

Annabeth is suppose to be blonde???.... and they ALLL are suppose to be 12.... O.O   i hope they stick with the book... pleassseeeeeee. Oh...and in the previews i don't see anything about the camp. It better be there.

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

in the trailers you see Percy & Luke fighting in new york.....they didnt in the first book it was at camp when the scorpion bit him...

&& has anyone seen the crazy fire thingy? i cant remember what it is, & my friend thought it was the food offerings you know, but i told her that it didnt have arms that moved around and had a screaming face...

lastly, annabeth & grover i think are way off

(though Chiron/Pierce Bronson looks amazing)

----------------------------------------------
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

bookrooted wrote:

in the trailers you see Percy & Luke fighting in new york.....they didnt in the first book it was at camp when the scorpion bit him...

&& has anyone seen the crazy fire thingy? i cant remember what it is, & my friend thought it was the food offerings you know, but i told her that it didnt have arms that moved around and had a screaming face...

lastly, annabeth & grover i think are way off

(though Chiron/Pierce Bronson looks amazing)

:smileyvery-happy: i cant wait to see him as chiron! although ill probably be sitting in the theatre singing the james bond theme under my breath the entire time... but thats ok :smileytongue:  ohh and sean bean as zeus! hah i cant wait for that  :smileyhappy:

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

haha(;

they sort of do have an amazing cast (Uma Thurman, Peirce Bronson, Sean Bean :smileyhappy:

did anyone see that they say it comes out Presidents day (Feb. 15th) on some trailers, then just plain February 12th on others? Im so confused on which day to go Lol(:

but i'll probably got the 12th or the next day

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

I think every looks good except annabeth

i cant not belive they chose HER

and she was almost my favorite character in the book and that guy is so not grover ugh

but other than that everything looks pretty good

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

yeah I'm a little confused about the date too :smileyindifferent: I have no idea what so whatever when the movie comes out 12 or 15 ????????? but I will go on the 12 to just see if it's there and if it isnt then I will go back on the 15 I just hope they don't make to many people confused about the date

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

i completely agree zoey

annabeth is blonde, and grover is a skinny white guy with redish brown curly hair....

ahh books being turned into movies these days haha