Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
djaq

Percy Jackson movie?

just wondering if anyone had heard anymore about the Percy Jackson and the Olympians movie. One of my friends told me to look up trailers on youtube, but they were all just fans saying who they think should be casted in the movie.

I'm just curious when it would be coming out- and more importantly- who they casted!!!! (ugh, i hate it when people cast the totally wrong actors for big roles in movies based on really awesome books.....)

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

Re: Percy Jackson movie?

go on imdb.com and type in the movies name and it comes up with the cast and a bunch of other stuff.
"but why's she got to go to the library?" -Harry
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
New User
Brooke_is_AMAZEICAL
0 Kudos

They are making a movie?!?!?!?!?! I've heard rumor of it around, but i haven't seen a trailer for it yet.
Books are like love, you can never have too much.
Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

yeah there making the movie, but they havent started.At least they have the actors
New User
Blackhood12
0 Kudos

Re: Percy Jackson movie answer.

The Percy Jackson movie will come out on Friday, February 12, 2010. If you need any more information about the movie like about the cast, you can go to http://www.themovieinsider.com/m2153/percy-jackson-and-the-lightning-thief/

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

haha that date has been marked on the calender!!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

"We could do pizza."
New User
jbc07

THAT IS SO TOTALLY AWSOME!!!
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Okay, I'm soooo excited (I haven't read the book, BUT I ordered on B&N like 7 hours ago!) for the movie. I went on to IMDB and there are a few problems I have with it. The actress for Athena (Melina Kanakaredes). Compared to the ladies playing Aphrodite(Serinda Swan) and Hera(Erica Cerra) she looks a little old in her profile pic. Just something stupid... They'll probably make her look younger. Also, the guy that's playing Percy (Logan Lerman) looks seventeen/eighteen (his actual age), not twelve/thirteen. Of course I'm probably exagerating, but here's the link to the movie's IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0814255/

On the other hand, Chris Columbus is directing the movie which I'm happy about. He's directed The first two Home Alone movies, Mrs. Doubtfire, the first two Harry Potter movies, and I Love You Beth Cooper (which I'm dying to see!).  He's produced Fantastic Four, Rise of The Silver Surfer, Both Night At The Museum movies, Christmas with the Kranks, First three Harry Potter movies, and I Love You, Beth Cooper. There are others, but I think these are the most well known. So to end this rant: I'M EXCITED!

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

is it a good book??
lost banner Pictures, Images and Photos
New User
Avvongellion
0 Kudos

Yes it is a veyr good book. I just recently finished The Lightning Theif from my local library. After that I bought the first three books from of course B&N in a boxset. By next month I will have all of them. 6 I think. It is worth it. And now that I know there will be a movie I am excited though I know that I will be disapointed after seeing it, as it is with every movie based of a book, but I cant wait. Thanx for that link by the way.
Frequent Contributor
Himeko
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I heard it was gonna be animated but apparently thats not the case..

As for the man directing the movie, he has quite the resume. I look forward to it..

Has there been an official trailer released yet? Does anyone know?

Edit Ninja strikes again: I just saw the trailer and its awesome!! CG is very detailed from what I saw and I agree that Logan looks a little too old to be playing Percy...but if I may be bold he's kinda cute :smileywink:

Message Edited by Himeko on 08-22-2009 09:00 PM
"Defying my will" is not a crime worthy of life in Azkaban and I should not tell that to the first years.

"In all of your acts, self-interest shall be cast away. Look and listen for the welfare of the whole people, and have always in view...the unborn of the future Nation" - The 13 Laws of the Great Peace
B&N Bookseller
melissas
0 Kudos

There was a teaser trailer before the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie. It only showed the scene where Percy is in the elevator going up to Mount Olympus. However, you could tell that the special effects are going to be spectacular.
Frequent Contributor
Himeko
0 Kudos

o_o really? Darnit I've seen that movie twice and I didn't even notice... >_>;

"Defying my will" is not a crime worthy of life in Azkaban and I should not tell that to the first years.

"In all of your acts, self-interest shall be cast away. Look and listen for the welfare of the whole people, and have always in view...the unborn of the future Nation" - The 13 Laws of the Great Peace
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

I'm reading the book right now.....

I can't wait for the movie to come out!

:smileyhappy:

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Frequent Contributor
Himeko
0 Kudos

I remember the first time I read The Lightning Theif and Hades made his entrance. In my head I pictured his voice to be the same as the one in the Hercules rendition Disney made.. It made him quite commical... :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
Christinewannabe47
0 Kudos

I can not wait! I hope it comes out soon or at least information given about it. I love the series so I just hope the movies do it justice. And yes, I hope if the first one is awesome they'll make another one. Hopefully.

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

ughh i m not too thrilled with annabeth....... -_- ...

but i saw the latest trailer! and i am

SOOO

SUPERLY

EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

"We could do pizza."
Frequent Contributor
Christinewannabe47
0 Kudos

Are they going to make Annabeth blonde like in the books....? And isn't Grover white...? Not that there's a problem, don't think me racist, I just don't see why he's not white...? Poor Uma Thurman...she has to be Medusa. Is that an insult lol? Wait! Where's Ares' daughter and Percy's "enemy at camp"?! I don't see her on the casting list at all. Grrrrr