Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

Re: Percy Jackson?

I just started reading the 2nd and it's soooo addictive!!!

:smileyhappy:

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
New User
kendall56
0 Kudos

:smileyhappy:dont know any thing if its any good my friend says its just like harry potter :smileysurprised: and i love harry so much. i was just a wondering cause i reserved it yesterday and i cant wait to read it:womanwink:

Frequent Contributor
Christinewannabe47
0 Kudos

She DOES have gold hair. All illustrations of the books have been she has blonde hair. It made me mad when I read that the actress wouldn't wear a wig or dye her hair. That's a MAJOR part of Annabeth! Daughter of Zeus? She's the Daughter of Athena lol?

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

Yeah she should ahve at least dyed it blonde...

you would think they know that PJO has a ton of fans who loveee the books and are going to be very harsh critics...at least give them what they want right? just at least the major parts, and dont twist the plot around and make stuff up.

I think a reason why these guys make movies of popular books is because they are popular and all the fans of that book or series will come flocking to see the movie. Its gotta bring in a bunch of money, way more if they came up with an original idea. I'm not saying its wrong or right, but if they do a movie based on a book, they could at least try to get most of it right.

----------------------------------------------
Frequent Contributor
Christinewannabe47
0 Kudos

A freaking MEN lol! They really do need to stop messing with a good thing. I know that normally they work with the authors to get details right, but than the author signs a contract saying they give the film makers' permission to change things. Since they're work is already copyrighted so technically they can't just do evvverything the books says. But they should have at LEAST gotten the main characters and places right!

New User
staroforion11
0 Kudos

i love that series

it amazing

if u like twilight saga u'll enjoy this

my teacher made us read it

no one was suffering through the read

we all read the series

3 years later we all got to gather and went to see the movie

it binds my class together

movie was amazing 2 fyi

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

Christinewannabe47 wrote:

A freaking MEN lol! They really do need to stop messing with a good thing. I know that normally they work with the authors to get details right, but than the author signs a contract saying they give the film makers' permission to change things. Since they're work is already copyrighted so technically they can't just do evvverything the books says. But they should have at LEAST gotten the main characters and places right!

I know right?!

Film makers need to stop messing with the main characters and the settings!

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

SOOOO GOOD lol really good though

"Books are the things that keep us inspired,content,and above all else happy"
Contributor
shawneemarie

ok so I read the first one my self the first time and didnt like it but I read it to my kids when I check it out of the library and they just love it.   I think that it is a great book that brings out the imagination of a child.

I love to read. I normally check out 12 books from my library for two weeks. I love to read.
Contributor
Obxgirl7
0 Kudos

I love this series. I own the whole series.