Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

Percy Jackson?

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1) 

I'm thinking about reading it.....

Anyone know if its any good?

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Re: Percy Jackson?

The series is sooooooooooooooo awesome! Read it! You'll LOVE it!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
B&N Bookseller
melissas
0 Kudos

I agree. I didn't start reading them until the fourth book was out, and I read the four books in 3 days. Plus I'm glad I didn't read them earlier, because the suspense of waiting for next volumes would have killed me.

If you're already thinking about it, you should just go for it!

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

i absolutly love these books!!! they are so brilliant! i definatley would recomend them! :smileyhappy:

"We could do pizza."
New User
Cazie96
0 Kudos

It was AMAZING! The whole series is great! :smileyhappy: I'm on to the fourth book, you'll definatly love the series. Enjoy!

"If I'm a nobody, and nobody's perfect, then I guess I'm perfect"
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

I just got the book from the library

And I can't put it down! :smileyhappy:

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Contributor
hermionerules1844
0 Kudos

It's THE best book I have read since Harry Potter.  (That's coming from a Harry Potter freak/avid reader.)

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

READ IT!!!!

I really enjoyed them!

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

Great series you will love it. I bought all five for christmas and couldn't stop reading it until i was done with the series. Percy is a great character.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

One of my favorite series srsly read the books. You will love them if you love action. lolz GO THALIA :smileyvery-happy:

-Vamp

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Contributor
9Suze9
0 Kudos

I love the book!

Inspired Correspondent
CharlieG31
0 Kudos

Even though I havent read the series the reviews I have heard are pretty good some say its the next harry potter some say its not but everyone seems to be talking about them so read them and tell us what you thought.

"The questions are more essential than the answers."
Karl Theodor Jaspers

New User
booklover101HD
0 Kudos

you really should read it, i never finished it but I plan on reading it again this week

hes a really god author

Frequent Contributor
KateBrianIsAwesome
0 Kudos

I just bought the book yesterday. I too have been debating on reading The Lightning Thief. What's the worst that can happen anyway? If we don't like a book just pass it around to friends (maybe one of them will like it) or keep it for the bookshelf.

Reading can only make you more happy and smarter. :smileyhappy:

Visit my blog at http://teenbibliophile.blogspot.com/

- Mallory
Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

i agree with everyone else, its an amazing series(:

the characters and plot is great, lots of action and humorous(: 

----------------------------------------------
Frequent Contributor
writingirl_15
0 Kudos

I have read almost the whole series (didn't read the last book) and it was AMAZING! Everyone who loves mythology/humor should read this book! READ IT! :smileyhappy:

New User
The_Black_Knight
0 Kudos

Don't hold back. IT IS AWESOME!!! If it wasn't, do you think they would be making a movie out of it?

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

The_Black_Knight wrote:

Don't hold back. IT IS AWESOME!!! If it wasn't, do you think they would be making a movie out of it?

Woot totally agree lol haha

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i loved the first book.  the trailer for the movie caught my eye so i looked it up and read it.  i read it on cd and i was done with it so fast.  i almost stayed up a whole night just to finish it.  i had to know what happened.  i am now trying to get my sister to read.  i think you should read it.  good book!!!

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

I just saw the movie today... Has anyone else seen it yet?

"We could do pizza."