Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_

Pet-peeve/s

what is/are your pet-peeve/s? 

I have three:

1) hate it when somebody messes up with my things

2) hate it when somebody copies me

3) hate it when somebody read my personal messages and then make fun of me...ugh

http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Wordsmith
YeLLoWmisT

Re: Pet-peeve/s

Pet-peeves... hmmm....I think I'v got two(or more, but I need a bit of brain storming :smileyvery-happy:)

1) When someone blamed me for something I'm not guilty with, and

2) Your third pet-peeve, Moon. I hate those who read personal messages of mine... espacially when I told them not to. :-(

Hey guys, check this out:

http://www.storywrite.com/
It's cool! :smileyvery-happy:
Contributor
Lonna-Evee-Amberlin

Ok so I have a bunch of pet peeves

1. when people get stuff on my books you know like they borrow a book and return it with bent pages and stains on the pages I hate that
  2. when people talk when I'm trying to concentrate like when your taking sat's and the proctor keeps talking to himself and anyone who will listen about his dog with cancer
  3. when people close to me lie it bothers me more than anything elas I mean why would you lie to your friends

~~LEA~~

<(*.*^)(^*.*)><(*.*)><(*.*^)(^*.*)>

Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_

I agree with you, Lonna, (*nodding) I hate it too when somebody lie to me, especially when it's from a dear friend...

I have one more pet-peeve to add to my list...I just realized this today.

I hate it when people spell my name wrong...i know it sounds weird but it really does tick me off when somebody misspelled my name which happens most of the time.. :/

Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12

I know what you mean about the whole name thing but I hate it even more when people call me the wrong name. Pretty much my whole life I have been called by my best friend's name which isn't so bad but then last year I was in a class with a girl named and brittany and the teacher constanly called me by her name! I hated it so much because we didn't even look alike (other than the color of our hair) and she even gave me brittany's report card once thinking it was me! (oh and btw, brittany is one of those little miss perfects and the teacher favored her so it basically felt like the teacher didn't know I even existed) 

Anyway some other things that bug me:

1. when people try to take the credit when they didn't even do anything (especially when they do it right in front of my face)
  2. People who make the most irrating/gross sounds when they are sitting right next to you or behind you, that to me is just rude
  3. when people contiue to do irritating things even though you've told them stop like a million times

(p.s srry for the ranting :smileyhappy:)

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
-pg 3 of Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra
Inspired Contributor
Think-Im-Listening

Lonna-Evee-Amberlin wrote:

Ok so I have a bunch of pet peeves

1. when people get stuff on my books you know like they borrow a book and return it with bent pages and stains on the pages I hate that
  2. when people talk when I'm trying to concentrate like when your taking sat's and the proctor keeps talking to himself and anyone who will listen about his dog with cancer
  3. when people close to me lie it bothers me more than anything elas I mean why would you lie to your friends

~~LEA~~

<(*.*^)(^*.*)><(*.*)><(*.*^)(^*.*)>

everything you said plus:

4) When people make lie and a rumor about you to cover their own asses

5)People who can't be straightfoward and waste YOUR time just because they are cowards

"If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much" -Mariana's Trench
Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_

I agree with golden reader, it is really irritating when people continue to do things you've told them to stop..something that happens to me EVERYTIME..sometimes, I feel like I'd just burst from plain irritation, but then I have to hold  my temper...ugh..

Frequent Contributor
KWBookFanatic
0 Kudos

These might seem a little wierd but they drive me crazy...

*People that chew their gum loudly, I'm sorry but that chanking sound makes me want to punch them in the face

*People that wear shoes that do not go with their outfit.  Like wearing prom shoes with a jean skirt, drives me crazy.

*Having to listen to people kiss, wierd I know, but that smacking sound grosses me out.

*And people talking to me when I am nose deep in a book, can't  you tell that I am busy???

Those are my biggest:smileytongue:

It's all about the books!!!
Check out my blog www.kwbookfanatic.blogspot.com
Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_

I haven't really seen people kissing except in movies (which is very rare) but just by imagining it makes me grimace..ugh..I agree with you on that one *nodding

and the last one too, I agree..especially when you're so intent in reading and then someone would come.. when people come to my room while I'm reading, I usually jumped in surprise...and that irritates me...

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Dude, when you're sitting on the bus, and you've got a seat to yourself, and then some idiot and her best friend come on and since they can't *BEAR* to be separated, they sit on TOP of you without even asking "Can I sit here?" And it's even more annoying when there's another open seat but they just don't wanna be separated.

Also, some swimming stuff, but you have to be a swimmer to understand.  

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Frequent Contributor
bri_22
0 Kudos

here are just some of mine

1.) once the teacher hands out the work and then countinues to talk and like 5 seconds after she shuts up talking about the outdoors or whatever she'll be like "you guys done"

2.) someone repeatedly interrupts me while doing stuff

3.) when one of my friends (not my best friend) says something to one of my other friends and no one else but them can here it and then go around for the rest of the day gloating it off

4.) in band when someone repeatedly plays the wrong note after the teacher has corrected them like ten times

Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_

I agree with you on your second pet-peeve...nodding

Wordsmith
YeLLoWmisT
0 Kudos

Hmmmm...... You guys had too many pet-peeves. Almost all the same. :smileyvery-happy: LOL

Hey guys, check this out:

http://www.storywrite.com/
It's cool! :smileyvery-happy:
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

I can only think of one pet-peeve at the moment and it's

When people shorten my name to a nickname with out asking me.....

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

got another pet-peeve which I realized just today.. I hate it when I get late or rather when people I'm supposed to meet get late..I don't know why, but it really does ticks me off

Contributor
Furschee
0 Kudos

well i've got a lot but i'll add a few

1. i hate seeing people getting bullied

2. i hate that my sis goes through my clothes then lies about it

3. i hate hearing my mom complain

"you sure are beautiful."

"how hard did you hit your head?"

- New Moon-

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

1. when im rteading and somebody intterupts me

2. when people dont know when to shut up and pay attention/ goof off at inappropriate times

3 wont let something that happenned five years ago go

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Contributor
Volleyballgirl
0 Kudos

my biggest pet-peeve is when people eat with their mouth open and you can hear the smacking noise! omg that drives me insane!! lol another pet-peeve is when people ask a million questions about something tht is none of their business! haha that happens all the time in my house!

Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

Volleyballgirl wrote:

my biggest pet-peeve is when people eat with their mouth open and you can hear the smacking noise! omg that drives me insane!! lol another pet-peeve is when people ask a million questions about something tht is none of their business! haha that happens all the time in my house!

oh that peeves me too! both of them! 

I have another pet-peeve to add: I hate it when people get things from my table without asking...grrr,,i hate that! and it always happen! 

Contributor
Lonna-Evee-Amberlin
0 Kudos

KWBookFanatic wrote:

These might seem a little wierd but they drive me crazy...

*People that chew their gum loudly, I'm sorry but that chanking sound makes me want to punch them in the face

*People that wear shoes that do not go with their outfit.  Like wearing prom shoes with a jean skirt, drives me crazy.

*Having to listen to people kiss, wierd I know, but that smacking sound grosses me out.

*And people talking to me when I am nose deep in a book, can't  you tell that I am busy???

Those are my biggest:smileytongue:

OMG no I completely agree with the kissing peeve but I have a bigger peeve than listening to people kiss their is this kid in my school and if your kissing your boyfriend he will put his face half an inch from your and just watch it is the creepiest thing on earth it is soooooo awkward turtle

~~LEA~~