Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
NinaxBookWorm
0 Kudos

Pretty Little Liars, the books

I started reading Pretty Little Liars a while ago even before there was any talk of a show, which is pretty good. But I really want to discuss the series with other readers, especially the last book- so confusing in my opinion! I think Sara Shepard is a great writer, especially because she writes in different views, I love how every chapter or few it changes perspective.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt
Correspondent
southrnbella
0 Kudos

Re: Pretty Little Liars, the books

i love them...i like that how the POV is from all the girls aspects...i just finished book four so im not done with the series...but i think they are great...and i cant wait to figure out who the new A is...i still cant get over who the first one was... and the person who is in jail now i totally dont think he is guilty....

Peace n Page Turners
http://live2lovebooks.blogspot.com/
New User
NinaxBookWorm
0 Kudos

oh boy you'll be surprised by the rest of the books, but at least you don't have to wait for them to come out like I did

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt
Contributor
kcoole
0 Kudos

I love the pretty little lairs series. The last book, I mean wow, what a ending, I neverr expected that. The one thing i really loved about these books is that they keep you interested and hooked through out the whole series, which is a amazing esp. with an eight book series.

I too started reading thses books before there was talk about the show, i watch the show,its not nearly as good as the book series.

"People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading. "
Correspondent
southrnbella
0 Kudos

i know this off topic but are excited for the new series that sara shepard will be starting...the lying game...it comes out in Jan 2011...it says "sutton mercer has a life any girl would kill for..and maybe someone did"

do you think it will be a hit or miss? with how big pretty little liars became

Peace n Page Turners
Contributor
kcoole
0 Kudos

I think it will be a hit as long as Sara doesn't make it  simaliar to Pretty little lairs. 'm exicted and I will be buying the books thats for sure.

Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

I have yet to get my hands on the 8th book (Wanted). My library has this stupid system where we can loan books from other surronding libraries and therefore my library doesnt have to buy the books that the other libraries have. So i just got heartless last week and i finished it in one day. I went to BN the next day and i saw there was a new one and so i went on my libraries site to order it cause im unable to buy books because my mom thinks it is a waste of money. So i ordered it and they dont loan it out for 1 month and i am 23 in line!!!!

I cant wait for my chance to read it. I read them also before the TV series came out and i hate to say this but i hate how now they r popular because i read Twilight Saga before it came out and now this series and everyone thinks im trying to become popular which is untrue.

So is the last one the best in ur opinion?

And do u think the TV series is living up to the books??

"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Contributor
kcoole

The tv show is alright, but nearly as good as the series. I mean first off they changed the time frame in which allison is missing, they have her being missed for one year and then they find the body and as we all know it was longer then a year. I can believe they changed that because that comes in to play thru out the whole series.

Like Allison's relatioship with Ian, it's a big deal in the series because she is in 7th grade and his some much older, and they girls arent friends for all those years, and aria is in a different country all those years, hanna becomes skinnya dn popular and becomes best friends with Mona, I mean all those girls changed inthe years that Allison was missing and to make it only be a year in the Tv show it's just crazy. And like the fact that they all changed, they grew up and all had seprate lives and now this A is bringing them all together is a big deal. So i'm just very anger they changed the fact that allsion was only missing for a year and that all the girls where older when she went missing. If I'm mistaken they make allison disappearance when  they girls where in like 10th grade or something.

I also think that they are moving way to fast in the series, i mean its been like 5 epsiodes and is seems like they are  done with book one already.

But i mean it's okay. But It just annoys me that they changed the tim frame of allison disappearance and the age they girls were when she disappeared. I don't understand why they changed that.

Does Anyone else agree?

Wordsmith
shygirlTB
0 Kudos

i totally agree they are going way to fast in the show they leave alot of the parts out thats in the books to me its way to fast

the clouds i can handle but i cant fight an eclipse
jacob black =)

Contributor
kcoole
0 Kudos

I mean yea they have 8 books to work from but they could really make the series last longer if they slow down. 

Like i boooks that become movies and TV shows can't be excaltly like the books but I mean you at least need to keep the basics the same. And like i said changing the Time Frame of how long allison was missing and changing how old the girls were at the disappearance just makes me anger. Because I really don't see why they had to change that.

Wordsmith
shygirlTB
0 Kudos

kcoole wrote:

I mean yea they have 8 books to work from but they could really make the series last longer if they slow down. 

Like i boooks that become movies and TV shows can't be excaltly like the books but I mean you at least need to keep the basics the same. And like i said changing the Time Frame of how long allison was missing and changing how old the girls were at the disappearance just makes me anger. Because I really don't see why they had to change that.

i totally agree

jacob black =)

Wordsmith
shygirlTB
0 Kudos

did anyone watch bigbrother

jacob black =)

Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

ShyGirl I watch Big Brother and have since season 1!!

I agree with u all about moving too fast since i mean the first episode they made it seem like book 1 was already done!! I dont even understand how they are going to have the story know without Mona. They must just skip the first A or something. I am liking the TV show but the books are better

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Contributor
kcoole
0 Kudos

Wait what?!? What do you mean without Mona?

Correspondent
southrnbella
0 Kudos

i dont understand why they have made foxy the homcoming dance...unless they plan on doing foxy later but the whole point of foxy was aria to be with sean (and they arent together yet) and hanna freak about it and the whole emily/ toby craziness which from the previews looks like it happens at the dance...

i also dont get how they made it look like hannas dad just got together with isabelle and kate when the whole point she started the "toothbrush thing" was the incident of her visiting her dad and him calling her piggy infront of kate and allison...people who dont read the books and only watch the show...i think they will like it but i dont think they will truly understand it...

Peace n Page Turners
Wordsmith
shygirlTB
0 Kudos

bella swan lover me to i have watched big brother since season one to

jacob black =)

Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

kcoole wrote:

Wait what?!? What do you mean without Mona?

I mean they havent put her into the story yet because she is suppose to be Hannah's best friend and suppose to be the first A! So what r they going to do?? ( I havent read the last book yet so maybe this doesnt matter)

Shy Girl -- How are you liking the new twist they have put into the game this year?? And who do u think it is?? 

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Wordsmith
shygirlTB
0 Kudos

bella_swan_lover wrote

Shy Girl -- How are you liking the new twist they have put into the game this year?? And who do u think it is?? 

i like the new twists and im even trying to figure who the mystery person is on july 15 we'll find out who the mystery person is

jacob black =)

Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

Really that is stupid! I think we shouldnt find out that it should be a mystery for us also!

I think it is the foot doctor guy who is Jewish!

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Wordsmith
shygirlTB
0 Kudos

bella_swan_lover wrote:

Really that is stupid! I think we shouldnt find out that it should be a mystery for us also!

I think it is the foot doctor guy who is Jewish!

i totally agree and julie chan i think thats her name she shouldnt of told the big brother contestants who are playing big brother that there is a mystery person in the game thats going to backstab and lie to win  the jewish guy is the one who wears the hat on his head

jacob black =)