Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Princessbooklover
0 Kudos

Re: Pretty Little Liars, the books

I have never read the series but I really really want to. I also wish I could watch the show but it always comes on at a bad time. How many books are in the series and can someone give me a summary, with nothing big in it, about what the first book is about.

Wordsmith
shygirlTB
0 Kudos

Princessbooklover wrote:

I have never read the series but I really really want to. I also wish I could watch the show but it always comes on at a bad time. How many books are in the series and can someone give me a summary, with nothing big in it, about what the first book is about.

theres 8 books in the series the series is  about four girls spencer ,hanna ,aria ,emily and the dissapearance of alison who then  the four girls then recieve text messages from someone using the word A threatens to expose there secrets

the clouds i can handle but i cant fight an eclipse
jacob black =)

Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover

shygirlTB wrote:

bella_swan_lover wrote:

Really that is stupid! I think we shouldnt find out that it should be a mystery for us also!

I think it is the foot doctor guy who is Jewish!

i totally agree and julie chan i think thats her name she shouldnt of told the big brother contestants who are playing big brother that there is a mystery person in the game thats going to backstab and lie to win  the jewish guy is the one who wears the hat on his head

Yeah that was the biggest mistake of it all by telling the contestants it would have been alot easier for the sabatoure (or however you spell it) to get by with their things but also it puts a new problem for the HOH because im pretty sure the HOH this week would have put up new nominees! I hope it is good as the season goes on!

Yes if u asked if the jewish guy was with the thing on his head! The guy is the most obvios for me. I loved how they had to eat slop and since he is jewish and it isnt kosher he cant eat it! I hope he stays on long because he is a good person to mix it up!

"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Frequent Contributor
Evermore13
0 Kudos

Ok so i gotta admit.. the book series really didn't look that interesting but i hear about the tv shows and saw some episodes and really liked them! So I started reading the books and really enjoyed them, i just finished the 3rd book. I really like this series and cant wait until my next visit to barnes and noble! o BTW Pretty Little Liars is on a mini marathon that starts at 2:00 on Tuesday the 13!!! YAY!

Contributor
kcoole
0 Kudos

They showed Mona in the first episode, but so far only the first there's no way they can leave her out.

"People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading. "
Contributor
kcoole
0 Kudos

They showed mona is the first episode when hanna stole those sunglasses. There's no way they are going to leave her out.

"People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading. "
Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

Oh i never saw her in that episode! Now i see how they r putting Mona in the story now. I think this will make it seems so much unobvious that she is the first A and will make the TV series better!

"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Wordsmith
shygirlTB
0 Kudos

i got the first pretty little liars book and the first percy jackson book but the only problem is the walmart i have around where i live dont have the whole sets of both book series i probaly have to check kmart i love both pretty little liars and percy jackson

the clouds i can handle but i cant fight an eclipse
jacob black =)