Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101

Project Runway? And Models of the Runway?

Does anyone else watch Project Runway?  I was just wondering because I haven't met anyone else besides my family that watches it sometimes. I was so excited when the new season came on, but I didn't like the dress that won in the first episode.

I guess I like watching it because some day I hope to be a successful doctor, author, and fashion designer. I sketch but have no idea how to sew or anything close.

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

Re: Project Runway? And Models of the Runway?

[ Edited ]

omg love those shows! I watched them every thursday! haha I'm kinda of into fashion I watch America's Next Top Model and buy Vanity Fair and all that, I know how to sew I just lost practice, I used to make clothes for my Barbies when I was like eight on the sewing machine but I haven't touchede one since then. My mom owns two but she says they were expensive and she'd have to teach me how to handle them but she doesn't have time to:smileysad:

New User
iLaugh
0 Kudos

Hey I love both of these shows too! :smileyhappy: I always watch them every Thursday.

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

i love project runwayy!!!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

tim gunn is amazing! lol xD

"We could do pizza."
Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

I'm surprised that people actually responded. I really really wish I could sew. I was also shocked when that guy said in the first episode that he stopped being a neurologist or something like that for fashion. I like clothes, No, I love clothes, but I don't always have the money to buy what want. You know?

If you guys had  your own clothing line what would you call it?

Inspired Correspondent
Facepalm
0 Kudos

I just started watching this season. I love to see all the designers' unique styles and tastes. It turns out that I stink at picking people to win. I was cheering for Ari (although I didn't like that outfit), and then Malvin. I'm much better at calling the winners on Survivor.

team GALE, anyone?
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

BeeZnEEz101 wrote, in part:

I really really wish I could sew. .... I like clothes, No, I love clothes, but I don't always have the money to buy what want. You know?

Is there no place near you that offers sewing lessons?   Stores?  Adult education classes at community colleges?  (You shouldn't have to be an adult to take them there).

You can also try connecting with adults in town who sew.  My neighbor gave me my first sewing lessons for free just because she enjoyed sharing her craft with a young person.

Being able to sew will allow you to afford more of what you want to wear;  it will open up a world of possibilities for you.

And, once you learn the basics, you will be able to adapt store-bought patterns to your taste.

One note of caution, though:  Sewing takes patience.  You make mistakes and you have to do things over again and not get easily discouraged.

But it's worth it!

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

thaisra wrote, in part:

... I used to make clothes for my Barbies when I was like eight on the sewing machine but I haven't touchede one since then. My mom owns two but she says they were expensive and she'd have to teach me how to handle them but she doesn't have time to:smileysad:

How sad!   Have you thought about making a deal with her?  You do some of the things on her busy To-do list in return for a few hours of lessons with her now-freed-up bits of time? 

Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

yeah ive took lessons before didnt work out

it destroyed my eyesight and every time I turned around my hands were bleeding all over the fabric 

and in high school they i have to take a class and theyll teach me how to use a sewing machine

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

I love Project Runway Ive never watched models of the runway but i love watching people design things but i cant sew so no help there

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

have you guys watched teh latest episode?? dumb erica she chose arbey's over project runway!! and she was my favorite I wanted her to win!

New User
India15
0 Kudos

I LOVE PROJECT RUNWAY!!!

I've watched it since the second season.

But I can't believe they changed to Lifetime... I like Bravo.

But I love sketching outfits and stuff, but I can't sew. I would love to learn.:smileyhappy:

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

Crap I missed this week's episode!!!