01-17-2011 09:35 PM
Share your thoughts:
1. When referring to Hassan's attitude, Colin makes the following comment: "What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable." Do you agree, what are your thoughts on this?
2. Pg. 43, Hassan accuses of Colin of actually liking getting dumped. Do you believe this is true about Colin? Do you believe it is an attempt by Colin to feel normal?
3. Would you rather be the dumper or the dumpee?
4. My favorite quote in this story is, "You can love someone so much, but you can never love someone as much as you will miss that someone." Do you agree---I do
5. Pg. 144, do you believe that boys like girls that are cookie cutters or jigsaw puzzles?
6. Colin gives the reader his definition of a prodigy and a genius, and he calls himself a genius. By the end of the story, do you believe that Colin is a prodigy or a genius. Remembering that he defines a genius as one who creates something new for the first time----
01-17-2011 09:52 PM
Well its been over a year since I have read so I can't solidly answer all of the questions, but I will answer a few.
1. Sort of. If you think finding something that you think you are meant to do while on this earth is remarkable then yes, but if you are just doing something that you are just doing because other think it is remarkable, than no.
3. Dumpee. I would rather not have to crush someone or have the possibility of looking back one day and wondering if that break-up was a mistake.
5. I believe they might think they like cookie cutters but what they are really looking for is a jigsaw.
01-18-2011 09:33 PM
Yes, Chasing Alaska. I liked it...but I wasn't a huge fan.
01-19-2011 06:40 PM
Thanks for the suggestion! I think my library might have it so I will probably pick it up next time I go. In fact, I think it is on my list of books to read.