Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
BookAffair
0 Kudos

RE: Book questions for An Abandance of Katherines

Share your thoughts:

'

1.  When referring to Hassan's attitude, Colin makes the following comment:  "What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable."  Do you agree, what are your thoughts on this?

2.  Pg. 43, Hassan accuses of Colin of actually liking getting dumped.  Do you believe this is true about Colin?  Do you believe it is an attempt by Colin to feel normal?

3.  Would you rather be the dumper or the dumpee?

4.  My favorite quote in this story is, "You can love someone so much, but you can never love someone as much as you will miss that someone."  Do you agree---I do

5.  Pg. 144, do you believe that boys like girls that are cookie cutters or jigsaw puzzles?

6.  Colin gives the reader his definition of a prodigy and a genius, and he calls himself a genius.  By the end of the story, do you believe that Colin is a prodigy or a genius.  Remembering that he defines a genius as one who creates something new for the first time----

Book Affair
JanFra
Distinguished Correspondent
esme_cullen24
0 Kudos

Re: RE: Book questions for An Abandance of Katherines

Well its been over a year since I have read so I can't solidly answer all of the questions, but I will answer a few.

1. Sort of. If you think finding something that you think you are meant to do while on this earth is remarkable then yes, but if you are just doing something that you are just doing because other think it is remarkable, than no.

3. Dumpee. I would rather not have to crush someone or have the possibility of looking back one day and wondering if that break-up was a mistake.

5. I believe they might think they like cookie cutters but what they are really looking for is a jigsaw.

There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.-----Emily Dickinson
Contributor
BookAffair
0 Kudos

ok, have you read any other books by John Green?

Book Affair
JanFra
esme_cullen24
0 Kudos

Yes, Chasing Alaska. I liked it...but I wasn't a huge fan.

There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.-----Emily Dickinson
Contributor
BookAffair
0 Kudos

Read Paper Towns by John Green---my favorite book

Book Affair
JanFra
esme_cullen24
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion! I think my library might have it so I will probably pick it up next time I go. In fact, I think it is on my list of books to read.