Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991

Re: Randomness!!

I caught a wild Dove twice beforeor no thrice. First time the bird was frozen to the grown in a bad ice storm. I took it thawed it out and set it free. Seconed and third Doves I caght. Where stuck inside my turkey net. So I had to catch them and throw em out.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

Too bad any kids dreams are crushed of going to the moon. no more space shuttle launches. just something that came up in my mind.

Frequent Contributor
Jamie19
0 Kudos

Hi im Jamie, like my pen name says. First I have to say this is a great idea because it breaks the ice quickly. This is my second time typing this because im using my touch pad on my nook and i admitt i suck at it , it is so frustrating. Plus i suck at using technology, i can do stuff but its not the easiest for me. I play soccer at my high school and im on varsity but sometimes it's hard cause everyone expects so much out of you when sometimes you don't really have anything else to give. Does anyone have someone in their life that wants you to be just like them? It really sucks because it's either their way or no way. My favorite color is a deep royal purple. I have two bred down african servals. I like all music but some favs of mine are caribou lou by tech n9ne and hollywood undead. Im shy but warm up to peolpe once i get to kow them.
Distinguished Correspondent
REXx
0 Kudos

Welcome Jamie!!!!

In other news....

I'm officially a Freshman on Monday, and I don't know if I should be worried

Frequent Contributor
Jamie19
0 Kudos

Being a freshman is so easy. You just have to know the right people

Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa
0 Kudos

I just ordered five books!! I am super excited. Just thought i would post something random and awesome :smileyhappy:

“The books that help you the most are those which make you think the most.”
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Awsome! Hey who likes cherrys? Catfish? How bout quail? Randomness is nuf fun!!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

Like cherries, but don't like the pits.

Not wild about seafood.  Can't do shellfish at all.

Don't think I've ever had quail.

Jeff

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson

I like cherries and seafood! Yum!

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

HALO RULES!!!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson

I'm a freshman too!  I am still in junior high though.

I like that :smileyhappy:

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991

I'm on my last year of school yaaaay! Next I'm thinking about collage. Thinking not sure.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa

I am in my last year of school to!!! I am going to go to collage to learn about film making! I am sooo excited!! 

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

That sounds cool! If I go I'll be going in for outdoors instructer or whatever corse suits me. To be an Indiana Conservation Officer I need 2-4 years of collage ANY subject of my chosing. So that parts cool I was also thinking Creative Writing. A hands on somthing is probably what I'll do. I can meet all other requierments no problem . . . Well I need to learn how to swim still but . . . Er I'll work on that.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas

I really like swimming.  My mother grew up in southern California, so she dragged us to the beach every day all summer long.  Usually nice, but I'll probably die of skin cancer!  :smileyhappy:

Jeff

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

I've never seen the ocean what's it like?

Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas

Gigantic.  You stand there on all this hot sand, and you see nothing but water, literally as far as your eye can see, all the way to the horizon.  There is always noise, because even though the sound of each wave hitting the sand is louder than anything else, there is always the sound of another wave on its way, and the seagulls are always making noise.  The salt air smells different than anything you've ever smelled before.  The sun is so bright it hurts your eyes.  You step into the water, which is usually cold, and before you're in up to your knees, you can feel the force of the water trying to pick you up and throw you around.  It tastes saltier than that stuff at the bottom of a box of pretzels.  If you open your eyes underwater, it stings.  I'm probably making it sound awful, which it is not, but it does assault all of your senses at once, so it sorta takes a little getting used to.  I know I'm starting to sound like my mother here, but I think everybody should visit a beach, even if it's only once and only for a few minutes! :smileyhappy:

Jeff 

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Yeah I've always wished to go *sigh*.  Well when I'm off on my own maybe I can go see.

Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas

It's pretty cool, and not something you're likely to forget any time soon!

Jeff

Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa
0 Kudos

My braces are coming off on the 17th i am sooo excited!!!