Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

Randomness!!

This thread (inspired by BLUEICE GIRL) is to help all of of B&N people get to know each other by saying random things about yourself!! And I mean random. This thread is meant to be funny, crazy, exciting and most important of all !!!RaNdOm!!!

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

Re: Randomness!!

I'll go first hmmmm,

I really would like a dog,but I can't because I'm allergic. My favorite color is blue but I love all colors!! I am allergic to a lot of things actually (a lot) including cockroaches, trees, grass, almost anything with fur, and ragweed (this means I with never ever ever be able to live on a farm or else I might just be sneezing every second of every day!) I don't think I ever really been in a hospital (for myself) other than the time I was born (knock on wood)! I lovvvve Reese's!!! They are the best thing created in the whole wide world!! Ever!! I play volleyball and would like to run cross country, but I don't because volleyball is during cross country and because some of the cross country people that they are so AWESOME *rolls eyes and sighs* I love cheese, a lot and ice cream, a lot and milk, a lot (do you see a trend?? lol, I love dairy products!) I don't really know what I want to be when I grow up (I hate saying when I grow up to me its kind of a weird ?) or if I ever want to grow up even though I know I will have to! I know that when I grow up I want to do something great!! and amazing and help make this world a fraction better in some way!!

Okayyy enough about me now I want to know random things about all of you out there!! and once you post once go ahead and feel free to add more random things about yourself that you think of! =)

Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson

I guess I'll go next.:smileyhappy:

I have a dog, am somtimes bored of how long it takes some poeple to reply on here. I love farms, I like track and I hopfully will be in cross country (ha, ha). I really want to be an architect when I grow up and when I am in quiet study for school, I design houses(call me crazy!). My favorite color is also blue! And I have two insane sisters!(Just Kidding)

Thats all of the random things I can think of for now.

(Hope you get to be in cross country!) 

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

Here's my randomness!!!

I have a cat named Charlie. Next year, I want to be in track. I want to be a photographer and author when I grow up. (Yes, I know. Saying grow up seems so weird) I have a little sister. I don't watch TV that much. My favorite color is green, but I love all of them. I love animals. I think trees look cool in pictures. I can't draw that well. And.... that's all I can think of now!

Why do goats have beards??

I've been wondering that since 6th grade... (I'm in 8th)

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Inspired Contributor
a_gilmore_girl129

Awesome! Finally a board thats different! :smileyhappy: Thanks for thinking of this one!

So umm I am Katie! I love like absolutely love the color purple. I have a sister that is my Irish twin(she is exactly a year and 5 days younger than me). I secretly obsess over Justin Bieber but nobody knows that so shhh don't tell anyone:smileywink: My bookshelf is busting at the seam but I just can't seem to give my precious babies away. I am like a music video addict...whenever I am bored I go on Youtube and just look up weird music videos.I am a really good multi-tasker, I can read a book, search the web, update my blog, and listen to music at the same time. I am kind of a match maker and love to set my friends up with boys although I never commit to a relationship myself. I love Chinese food and anything spicy. Oh and I am in choir but don't ask me to sing for you because I hate singing in front of people(weird?? i know i know) Well I can't think of anything else at the current moment but if I do I will let y'all(yes I am from Texas can y'all tell??)

My Blog:http://cobforever.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa

My randomness hmm well i have 4 cats and want a lot more :smileyhappy: My favorite colors are blue and purple, i love Winnie The Pooh i love to take pictures and i want to be a Photographer when i grow up. I think chocolate is the super yummy. I love Johnny Depp he is the best actor everr!! Being random is AWESOME!!

“The books that help you the most are those which make you think the most.”
Distinguished Correspondent
esme_cullen24

I am Mishelle but you can called me esme (I am not as obsessed my username suggests I made this a few years ago). I wanna be a missionary when I grow up. My favortie color is currently purple but I also have an extremely strange love for the color gray. I am taking spanish one this year. I too have a lot of allergies: dust, trees, grass, dogs and cats(but I still have 2 cats :smileyvery-happy: ) I am a former all A sophmore. I am reading Hunger from the Gone series right now. And....one of my favorite people in the world is my 2 year old nephew who for now, lives with me.

There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.-----Emily Dickinson
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL

Aww Thanks for the thread Paige :smileyvery-happy: So my favourite colour is Purple, I am quite the Anime fan. My favourite to date would be Itazura Na Kiss and Vampire Knight. I have a spft spot for very soppy movies and Novels although I hate admitting it lol :smileytongue: Titanic is my all time favourite for the category. I have grown up with finding action movies quite tolerable thanks to my brothers. Also because of these two loosers I don't mind playing video games, Urgh I wouldn't mind being more girly but thanks to their terrible influence I am not. I am pretty positive that I have allergies but have no idea what they are so I am tormented on a daily basis by something very mysterious *sigh*. I'm guessing it's oranges :smileyvery-happy: Oh and My guilty Pleasure is Jersey Shore *Don't ask* :smileyvery-happy:

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

[ Edited ]

My name is Sandra, I am already all grown up (28 next month) and I have two dogs.  My older dog is named Chanceux (French for 'lucky') and he is extremely hyper and too smart for his own good.  My younger dog is named Tsukiko (Japanese for 'moon child') and she likes to cuddle and growl quietly while wagging her tail.  She also loves sitting outside in the sun even if it's 30º outside, because she is all black so when she sits perfectly still in a good patch of sunlight, it doesn't bother her.  In fact, I think she's warmer out there than I am in here with the sliding door cracked.  I would close it and wait for her to bark to come in, but my neighbors would probably think she is trapped out there and call animal services on me!  :smileyvery-happy:  So, I suffer to let her enjoy the sun.

I've had lots of favorite colors over my lifetime.  I loved white when I was a kid (which many will tell you isn't a true color, but merely an absence of color), next I loved silver the best, then it was orange, then I preferred blue for a long time, after that I really liked a deep teal color and black has always been a favorite for clothes.  Now, I'm not even sure, it depends on what the color is for what color I'll choose. 

I love reading and I've set my goal for this year at 100 books.  I've already read 8 towards that goal, but it's not even February yet, so I'm still on track. 

Those were definitely some random things about me that probably wouldn't have got mentioned otherwise, so thanks for the thread idea ZoeyRedBird and BLUEICE GIRL.  :smileyhappy:

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson

Blueicegal-

Did you see that you are on the all time laural leader board??

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

Soo this might be a pretty long post but I want to reply to everyone so here I goesss! :smileytongue:

Hunger Games Person- What would you like to be called because your user name is just too long!! =) Oh my goodness that's awesome that you wan to be an architect! That sounds so cool, Wish I could see some of your cool house drawings!! And good luck being an architect! And as much as I would like to run cross country, I probably won't because it is during volleyball season and I really love volleyball!! But I still plan on running by myself =) (which isn't always as fun as runnign with someone else!)

Tiffany- You have a really good question there, Why do goats have beards?? So I did what any normal person would do and I googled it!!! And of course I got answers like genetics blah blah blah it's the same reason people have beards blah blah blah and no real answers!! The world may never know!! =)

Katie- Your welcome! Oh my goodness that's pretty sweet that you have an Irish twin!! I have a sister who many people think she and I are twins even though we are two years apart!!! I wish I had an Irish twin =)

SaraMaria- Winnie the Pooh is super cute!! Love him and piglet!! Good luck being a photographer! As they say a picture is worth a thousand words!! And Agreed, Random=AwEsOmEnEsS o_0 lol

Esme- That is really cool that you want to be a missionary, I myself have considered being a missionary too! (That is something no one knows about me, except you!!) How is the Gone series?? I own it but  haven't read it. And aww thta's super sweet that your nephew lives with you =) I bet he's a cutie!

Almas =) - Your Welcome!! I kinda wish I had brothers. I mean I have a younger brother but because of me and my sister he is kinda girly! He needs to toughen upp! :smileytongue: Jersey Shore, wow that show has no point at all, but I have to admit I enjoy watching it. Watching people do extremely stupid things I would never do is quite entertaining!!

Sandra- Your dogs sound so sweet and adorable! This makes my desire for a dog grow even more!! I also like their names by the way =) I would try to read 100 books this year, but I don't know if I could! Maybe I'll give it a try!

Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

So, how many of you love the winter season?

Dislike?

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

ZoeyRedBird- Your name is Paige, correct?? Haha, I never thought to google it! The world will never know................ =)

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

I like the winter season because the snow is so beautiful, but I dislike it because it is SO cold!

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

I think winter is the most beatiful season ever!!! I love to look at all the snow and the world just looks so perfect with a blanket of snow covering it! I love the way it glitters and everything about it! My birthday is also in the winter season! =) Although  winter is sooooooo sooooooo cold, but I think it's worth it especially when I can still enjoy the beauty of winter through my window and be warm AT The same time!! =) What about you tiffany?

Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

Aw you beat me too it and yes google tells all except why goats have beards!! and I totally agree with you on winter!

Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn

My name is Heather. I am an adult  who loves young adult books. Love the color orange and tigers.  I dislike negativety.  I love to laugh.  I really like Wizards of Waverly Place, Obessed with Fringe and Supernatural. 

ummm...I think that is all the randomness I can think of!! :smileytongue:

The Beatles White On Black Banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

Yes, looking at the cold snow and being warm and inside is a plus.

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

[ Edited ]

@ ZoeyRedBird - Thanks!  My dogs are certainly quite the characters!

@ tiffany57 - I personally hate the winter!  I hope to move somewhere warmer one day, somewhere with two seasons instead of four, because the winter brings more dangerous roads, more car accidents, sometimes there can be so much snow it's difficult to get around, my fingers and toes feel frozen a lot, my car has a bunch of ice on it that has to be scraped off and putting on and taking off so many layers of clothes is so annoying!  Haha, I just love Spring, Summer and Fall.  :smileyhappy:

I do love the beautiful glittering snow and frost though.  I just would like to look at it through my window instead of going out into it.  /grin

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson

Zoey you can call me Jake. Its not obviously my real name or close, it's a long story.

Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi