Distinguished Correspondent
esme_cullen24

Re: Randomness!!

Zoey: Thanks! I think it is and I really feel called to do it (though secretly I am super freaked out if we are exchanging facts that nobody really knows). It is pretty good though it is a bit odd, I don't really know about the entire thing yet because I am only on pg. 52 of Hunger but Gone itself was good. He currently has strawberry blonde ringlet curly hair and repeats practically everything anyone does or says.

Tiffany: I have a bitter dislike for winter. I mean it is pretty and nice for awhile but then it just gets dreary and tedious. It's like it only needs to be 2 months long, which would leave more time for my favorite season, spring.

In general(because for some reason I feel like talking about my self): I am about 5' 3" and on the curvier side, and currently have hair thats about 2 inches long and black and blue. I really desire a nose piercing but am scared because I only have a single pair of ear piercings which I got when I was like 8 months old. I have two siblings who are chiropractors and one who is a hairdresser. 

There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.-----Emily Dickinson
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson

I totally agree about winter! It would be wonderful if it was only 2 months long!

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Inspired Contributor
a_gilmore_girl129

Zoey- Yeah I love my sister! She is my best friend and the cool thing is because we are so close a lot of our friends are the same. Although she is way different than me and thinks I am crazy that I love reading and how fast I can devour books. She justs doesn't get it and probably won't until she reads a really awesome book falling under the same spell I am in!

My Blog:http://cobforever.blogspot.com/
Cheyenne_Catina

i love winter because everything looks pretty, lol, and i love the cold....and because i wake up every weekday hopin for a snowday:smileyhappy:

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

@Sandra- The only good thing about the roads is that school has a two hour delay. :smileyhappy: And work.

@Mishelle- Haha! Yes! Two months of cold... I can do that! =)

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

Heather- I dislike negativity also and I love to smile/laugh! It makes me very sad when people don't smile and laugh! =)

Jake Okay sounds good to me! And maybe one day you can tell your long story, but only if you want to of course!! =)

Esme- I'm sure you will be a great missionary especially if feel called to do it! (Haha it's quite fun exchanging facts that no one really knows! =)

Katie- That's great that you and your sister are close! Me and my sister are pretty close, but we arre very diffrent personality wise! One reason is because she hates reading! *sigh* And I've tried to get her to read books that I think are good but she's just to stubborn! She'll only read books that are like 200 pages or less!

So some more random things about me are..... I have blue eyes and light brown straight hair. I am 5 ft 4 in tall (I think??) I love art class but I really wish I was better. I'm okay, but I wish I was even better! I don't like sitting in the middle of chairs I like sitting on the edges of the until I'm like falling off (weird I know). I don't like bookmarks that stick far out of the book. I don't like brocolli. I like kiwi (but not when it's hard because then its gross!) My goal for high school it to be valedictorian of my class. I just watched Letters to Juliet last night which I thought was a very cute romantic movie =) I'm not very good at bowling!! And that's all the random things I can think of...for now! =)

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

@ tiffany - That would be nice if I was still in school, but so far I've never had a job where they had a snow day.  If you can't get to work, they'll send someone in an SUV to give you a ride haha.

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
esme_cullen24

Zoey: Aw thanks! Oh, and I forgot to tell you earlier so I will tell you now, when I first felt "called" to be a missionary I didn't tell anybody for like 2 years until it was brought to me again, and I still waited to tell my family for like 6 months after that because I was scared my mom might bust out crying or something. They are now really supportive of me doing it, to the point where its almost too much.

Reasons I Dislike Winter

1. Even when we do have snowdays my mom has to commute 50 miles to work so I am worried about her
  2. Its too cold. I mean I love, love, LOVE the smell of cold but most of the time where I live in winter it is too cold.
  3. I love the sun and never get to see it.
  4. I always get sick in the winter.
  5. Its causes too much anticipation for spring.
There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.-----Emily Dickinson
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson

I'm sorry I sound dumb but what is a missionary??

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

Contributor
madieblue2

A few random things about me are that I'm allergic to practically every animal with fur, except dogs, I have two. I wish I could have more, but my parents won't let me. Despite all the fur allergies that I have, I love all animals, except guinea pigs. I don't really like guinea pigs because my best friend's guinea pig peed on me when we were younger. I love art, it's my favorite class, but I hate working with clay. I don't like it because it feels weird. I have a younger sister who had a Ricky Martin obsession when we were in preschool (she bought a book about him, she couldn't read so she got it just so she could look at the pictures and the lady at the checkout counter said that she had good taste haha). I love antiques and have a unique appreciation for all things older than me. :smileyhappy: I don't know what I want to be when I get older and have no idea where I want to go to college (I'm a junior in high school). I am envious of the people who are so sure of what they want to do when they grow up and where they want to go. I don't have a favorite color, I could never decide and never ever want to because I like them all. The majority of my friends at school aren't from the U.S. I have also started a bucket list, so far all the things on it pertain to a road trip that I'm planning with my friends this summer. I'm really excited about that. :smileyhappy: Well, that's all I can think of right now, so 'till then, bye! :smileyhappy:

esme_cullen24

A missionary is a person who usually travels to help people and usually tries to spread their faith while doing so

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson

Thanks esme, I'm sure you'll be great at it:smileyhappy:!

Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

Esme- =) Yeah I really don't knoow how my parents would respond if I did decide to be a missionary, probably surprised. At least your parents are supportive of you that's always good! But too much isn't always the greatest either I'm sure.

Madieblue- Hello, those are some pretty great random things about yourself! =) I love art too! And although I don't hate working clay does have a weird feeling! And I hate when it gets stuck in my fingernails! I really want to go on a road trip with my friends too! It sounds so fun! I hope you have lots of fun this summer!

Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

Come on people let's here some more random things about you! =)

Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

[ Edited ]

Ok, here is another random thing about me!

I have saved/rescued a variety of animals in my life including:

3 baby squirrels -  Their mom fell out of our tree and died and they were screaming  (yes squirrels can scream and it sounds really weird).  I went out there and convinced them all to come to me and one-by-one I picked them up until I had all three in my arms and my mom came outside and started freaking out because she didn't understand why squirrels would let me hold them and they might've had rabies or something, but she let me keep them for 2 days until I realized I couldn't care for them properly and the Humane Society came and took them.

A duckling -  His mom and siblings got hit by a car, I tried to keep him a secret, but my parents heard the chirping.  The Humane Society was going to take him, but I took him back to the park I found him at and another duck mom adopted him and chased me off.  He was lucky he didn't stink too much like human.  :smileytongue:

A pigeon - I found this guy running around near my high school with a broken wing.  He was panicked and probably hurting himself more, so I trapped him and called the Humane Society to come get him.  My mom was also mad at me for this, because of all the diseases pigeons carry, but I survived!

A dog - This poor thing jumped in front of my car when I was driving on a country road in the middle of no where.  I stopped and slowly made sure he wasn't going to attack me, then I picked him up and put him in the car.  I took him over to my friend's house that I had been originally headed for and got him some food.  His hair was matted and he walked gingerly on his feet.  I took him back to my home city and I found someone who wanted to adopt him.  After his first vet visit it was found out he had a whole host of bugs and parasites as well as sores from a months or years with no grooming.  He was treated and lived the rest of his years much happier. 

So, as you can see, I was just in the right place at the right time to help these critters, but I feel privileged to have been able to help them and to have been able to be so close to some of these animals, especially the squirrels, that was probably a once-in-a-lifetime thing to be able to cuddle baby squirrels and have them fall asleep on my chest.  I also got to feed them bananas and that was cute (part of the reason I gave them to the Humane Society, squirrels probably don't eat banana :smileyvery-happy: , but they were too young for nuts and this was before the internet so I didn't have any resources to help me figure it out). 

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

=D This is great and hilarious that you helped out all of those little animals!! If my mom even found out I had some type of animal in the house there might be some screaming involved!! Now I wish I could hold some cute little baby squirrels! Thats just too cute =)

Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

Yeah, my parents were frustrated, but I had been sneaking home new pets my whole life and they had to convince me I couldn't keep most of them, so I guess they got used to it. 

I brought home a kitten and at least two dogs that they wouldn't let me keep.  They consented and let me have a few small things I returned with like a mouse, a rat, a gecko, a toad, some fish and who knows what else I'm forgetting lol.  :smileyhappy:

REXx

Here I go...

My name is Laura but you can call me rexx cuz IM like a dinosaur not a pansy!!! So...RAWR!!! I'm 14 and I still believe in Santa, the tooth fairy, bigfoot.......:smileyvery-happy:I'm kinda really tall and I love pickles (you should try them fried!!!)I'm an only child and loving it...wow! I'm trying to say as much as I can without getting ,like, stalkers..So..Uh! PIE!!!!:smileyhappy:oh! I get, like super serious with my fiction crushes like Iggy from maximum ride! O.o that's not weird? Right? I'm also trying to overcome the urge to say, Like, you know? After EVERY SENTENCE!!!!!!!!!

CONQUER IT LIKE A BUNNY CONQUERS A STACK OF CARROTS!!!:smileytongue:

esme_cullen24

I really dislike pickles...I am more of a Fang girl than an Iggy girl. I sometimes do that(with the Like, you know? thing) too. I am in a play thats about Bigfoot..kinda. Lol, I am not a pansy either but its kind of an old screenname that I kinda still like but if I could change it I would probably change it to shelleyla.

REXx

Do you think it's weird that I like to ask my grandma what she wants to be when she grows up???:smileytongue:

"I vill now destroy de Snickuhs bahrs!"-Gazzy